black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

FTB Reset end of December?

Post by black_and_blue » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:33 pm

Can we plan for an FTB reset in very late December or very early January? This would put it about 3 months after the last Vanilla reset, thus hopefully having the resets on the different servers not conflict with each other.

Can we also plan to use FTB Infinity Lite 1.10? It doesn't have a lot of the stuff we're used to having, but I'm surprised about what is there. I think it's time we moved past 1.7, and I think I will enjoy being forced to try out some different mods rather than doing exactly the same Thermal Expansion / Big Reactors build every time.
https://www.feed-the-beast.com/projects ... pendencies

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: FTB Reset end of December?

Post by black_and_blue » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:42 pm

black_and_blue wrote:I will enjoy being forced to try out some different mods rather than doing exactly the same Thermal Expansion / Big Reactors build every time.
Or maybe not. It looks like there is "Extreme Reactors" in this modpack, which is basically a port of Big Reactors to 1.10 with a few changes.
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projec ... e-reactors

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:10 pm

I had a look at more of the mods in the pack, and I'm now quite excited to try it and hope that we do give it a try. From what I can see, it does look like most of the stuff we are used to is either there or has some other mod that does something very similar. Boss will be pleased to see that Simple Generators has a Culinary Generator, so he might still be able to do his auto-farm infinite power, albeit with a different mod.

I don't see any kind of jetpack that's at a lower level than Draconic Evolution, and I don't see BuildCraft or Thermal Dynamics there, but I can't imagine there wouldn't be some mod present that does item and fluid pipes.

So, thoughts? Can we do a reset at the end of December? Can we plan to use this modpack?

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:11 pm

black_and_blue wrote:So, thoughts? Can we do a reset at the end of December? Can we plan to use this modpack?
Both fine by me.

wintrysmerf
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by wintrysmerf » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:22 pm

I am okay with resetting things. All I have been doing for the past few months is making Octuple compressed cobblestone...

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:47 pm

We can do a New Year reset, for sure. Might be able to aim for the evening of Friday, December 30th, if that works for people.

I'll take a look at the packs. Not having Buildcraft or Thermal Foundation is pretty brutal, as those along with MFR are the basis for pretty much everything everybody does, but it could be time to learn some new tricks. So long as 1.10 has a fully comprehensive pack, not just the scrapings of what happens to work, I'd love to move beyond 1.7 as well.

--Edit after checking--

Ok, for FTB Infinity Lite 1.10. it looks like Industrial Craft, along with Compact Solar Panels, is the core machine mod to have made the jump forward. That's good, because IC is what we had at the core of our very first Tekkit server back in the day, and I know it forms a solid base for machine-based play. Also available are a couple of key pieces like Iron Chests, Biomes of Plenty, Forestry Mod, Botania, and JEI.

We won't have access to Applied Energistics, but there appears to be a replacement called Refined Storage. We won't have quarries either, at least not the ones we're used to. I'm not sure what, if anything, replaces BC pipes, but there are some harvesting machines and such available, so hopefully there's something. There are some things potentially missing that many of us have come to depend on, but it definitely looks like a usable environment, and I'd have no problem switching to it.

Here's the mod list

FTB Infinity Lite 1.10
-Boss Llama

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:51 pm

Looks good to me!

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:16 pm

Extra Utilities is present, which has the Ender Quarry. It's a bit more expensive than the BuildCraft quarry, but I actually bypassed the BC quarry and went straight to the Ender Quarry last time because I didn't want to make holes in the ground. It also means that if we want to do a Last Millennium hub again we should be able to do that. Twilight forest is missing, so no Twilight Forest hub.

No Mystcraft, but RFTools is present. Not sure whether that will satisfy Guardian or not. I don't think I will likely build my main base in an RFTools dimension this time, but I might do a small amount of dimension exploration.

I also see that Ender IO and several other mods that deal with RF are present, so they may be an appropriate substitute for Thermal Expansion.

The one thing I still haven't seen, though, is a a good item and fluid pipe, but as I said before, I don't believe there is nothing at all in this area. The lack of a wiki on most of these mods is a pain.

Friday, December 30th sounds good to me for the date.

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:34 am

Pipes? Mekanism's Pipes for Energy, Gas, Items, Fluids

Quarry? Mekanism's Digital Miner http://wiki.aidancbrady.com/wiki/Digital_Miner

No Holes in the Ground: Aroma1997's Mining Biome https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraf ... onal-world

Should be fun :)

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:41 am

Is Mekanism part of a mod by a different name? It doesn't appear to be in Infinity Lite 1.10 by the name Mekanism.

The mining world from Aroma1997 is though :-)
-Boss Llama

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:47 pm

"Mekanism Tools" and "Mekanism"

It's in the 1.10 Infinity Lite I downloaded yesterday. Search inventory @Mekanism

Added in the update FTBInfinityLite110-1.3.1-1.10.2.zip. We're now in 110-1.3.3* so I'd guess they simply haven't updated the Mod List you previously linked to.

Also! BABY SKELETONS :lol: Just as annoying as baby zombies.

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:50 pm

Looks like it's got jetpacks too.
https://ftbwiki.org/Jetpack_(Mekanism)

EDIT: Fixed link

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:50 pm

Ah ha, very good. Well, if there are pipes in there, that makes me at least a happy camper. I love my mechanical item movement!
-Boss Llama

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:05 pm

Boss Llama wrote:I love my mechanical item movement!
:shock:

c4ridw3n
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by c4ridw3n » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:08 pm

Can I get whitelisted for this? :D