For the denizens of the Minecraft servers
Cody The Wolf
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Need help with AE autocraft network

Post by Cody The Wolf » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:06 pm

Trying to set one up, but it seems not all my interfaces are being recognized. Tried to find some info on it but found nothing. Could someone come on and help.
Aiya, Essenya Epeataro!!!

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Need help with AE autocraft network

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:35 pm

I'm on my laptop using hotel wireless, but I'll see if I can get in and lend a hand.

---Edit---

Looks like you're not online any more.

So, main thing if your interfaces aren't all being recognized is to make sure you have enough channels. A cable can no longer support an infinite number of channels like it used to in the first version. A standard sized cable can support 8 channels (connected items), while a thick cable can support 32. Monitors take channels, as do storage units, interfaces, craft computers, and each input, output, or other device that directly connects to the cable. Molecular Assembly Chambers don't have to be directly connected, so they don't count, but the interface they're hooked to does. Each of those cables will have to be attached, in turn, to one of the sides of your main controller, and all controllers in any given subnet have to be contiguous. You can graphically see how heavily used a cable is by the number of stripes that light up on its sides, or just mouse over and it will tell you how many channels are in use.

I have a large and fully functional ME system with autocrafting at my base, which you are welcome to take a look at for visual help if you desire it. Keep in mind that I designed mine for aesthetics as much as anything, and it is not the most efficient use of resources - I just like how it looks the way it is - but it should demonstrate all the concepts needed for setting up such a system. The one that I didn't use, which can save you a bundle on cabling, is subnets tunnels. If you're planning to use a whole heaping pile of connections, but don't want to spend the resources to run individual cables for all of them to all their final destinations, you can use tunnels to get the info where it needs to go, but that's something I'd have to talk about in person in game when I'm back from my trip, or somebody else can jump in on that if you're interested!
-Boss Llama

Cody The Wolf
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Cody The Wolf » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:49 pm

So this is the current computer I have going right now. It should be more than enough to run my crafting interfaces.
I have a dense cable connecting my computer to my controller and dense cable connecting my interfaces to my computer.

As you can see here, I have connected my interface modules connected to my dense cables with smart cables. My modules are made of three interfaces and three assemblers.

As you can see, my left and centre modules are fully connected, but my right one only has one interface connected. If I ever try to connect more, they don't ever fully connect.
I have no idea why.

Cody The Wolf
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Cody The Wolf » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:11 am

NVM, figured out what was wrong.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:24 am

Cody The Wolf wrote:NVM, figured out what was wrong.
Huzzah!
-Boss Llama