Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Villeternity Working Post

Post by Inner » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:11 pm

Flash wrote:Any hopper experts willing to help me out at the Enderman farm?

I've tried to duplicate the Pearl sorter from the last map but for some reason only half of the pearls are going the right direction. Really driving me crazy that I can't figure it out, and we're overflowing with pearls.
Okay, the sorter/ejector is working. You had a couple of very subtle configuration issues. All pearls are now ejected into the void and everything that is not a pearl goes into a chest.

That said, unless hoppers work differently in The End, somebody has changed some code. On previous maps the filter hopper had to be preloaded with 22 items. The 23rd item turned on the comparator, redstone juice flowed, the hopper below the filter opened up and the 23rd item went into the chest, redstone juice stopped and the system was back to a static condition. On this map, the preload only needs to be 5 items and the 6th item starts the process. Which at least for my OCD makes more sense. 5 slots -> 5 item preload. Where they got 22 from I have no idea.

Note that on very high volumes through a sorter, the filter can get messed up. (Regardless of mob being processed.) This is due to inherent delays in hoppers and redstone components. They are fast, but not instantaneous. So you'll find items passing through the filter that shouldn't and vice versa. When this happens simply reset the filter preload and all will be well again. If this becomes too big of an issue you could build a delay in between the collection hoppers and the filter hoppers with a dispenser and a clock circuit to slow the process down.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:16 am

Thanks Inner, figured it was something simple. I was just tired of dealing with all those pearls!

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:03 pm

Inner wrote: If this becomes too big of an issue you could build a delay in between the collection hoppers and the filter hoppers with a dispenser and a clock circuit to slow the process down.
In a rare instance of sanity I have taken my own advice and done the above before it becomes an issue. The sorter should likely never clog up now. No changes for the user, just some underneath the hood stuff. The input rate into the filter is now matched to the output rate into the void.

If you're interested in the details and want to walk through the theory of operation here you go:

User kills Endermen. Pearls fall though half-slabs into 4 hoppers. These hoppers direct the pearls into 2 chests (2 hoppers per chest). The chests act as accumulators of pearls for very high volumes. More hoppers take the pearls from both chests into the first dispenser. The little redstone circuit around the dispenser tells it to dispense every time a pearl enters. (It can dispense about 2 per second.) It dispenses into other hoppers that go to the filter. The filter is yet another hopper filled with 5 pearls such that it will only accept pearls. If something comes through the system that isn't a pearl, like your sword for example, the filter rejects it and it continues past the filter into the Everything Else chest. But when a pearl comes to the filter it drops in and increases the total number of items in that hopper to 6. This energizes the comparator behind the filter, which in turn energizes the block behind the comparator, which in turn energizes the redstone dust, which energizes the repeater, which energizes the block in front of the repeater turning off the redstone torch. With the torch off the hopper below the filter will now accept a pearl and push it into the Eject-line hoppers. (An active redstone signal from the torch locks the hopper into a 'nothing gets in here' mode.) The filter hopper is now back to only 5 pearls and everything resets. Once in the Eject-line hoppers the pearls is pushed into the second dispenser and out into the void, again about 2 per second. Rube Goldberg would be proud of this.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:30 pm

Awesome, thanks Inner! I love the detailed explanation.

Elanor The Fair
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Elanor The Fair » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:13 pm

Anyone know why none of the markers seem to be showing up on the map anymore? (Except for the spawn one of course.) The sign tag for making a home marker appear doesn't seem to be working, as Johnny and I redid our sign to see if it would, and it still isn't showing up.

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:34 pm

I've noticed this too. Spawn and Celiville are both still showing, but nothing else. My first thought was a problem with the Mapcrafter config file, but why would 2 signs still show up? So, perhaps part of the map files are corrupted? A complete remap might fix it. BUT this is really an issue for Dr. Stevo.

Paging Dr. Stevo...Code Purple in the Purple Place.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:32 pm

So I brought the kids to town today to see the llamas; they love them. Can we breed them there in town or is it more complicated than that?

We then went looking around and of course they wanted to ride the rail to Llamaland. "There will be tons of llamas and no people!"

Imagine their surprise and disappointment... "Why call it Llamaland if there aren't any llamas there? That doesn't make any sense!"