FTB Hub in The Last Millenium

For the denizens of the Minecraft servers
Post Reply
black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin
User avatar
Posts: 2599
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Games Played

Ville Awards

FTB Hub in The Last Millenium

Post by black_and_blue » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:32 pm

I've set up a Portal to The Last Millenium at Spawn and started to do a hub there. Feel free to link in and also add any fancy decorations that you feel are appropriate.

Normal overworld nighttime rules apply in The Last Millenium. Mobs will spawn if it's dark, so be sure to light any land that you build, including your roof. We wouldn't want creepers to spawn and blow everything up!

Boss Llama
Server Ops
Server Ops
User avatar
Posts: 9743
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:45 pm

Games Played

Ville Awards

<eVa>Boss Llama’s avatar
Loading…

Re: FTB Hub in The Last Millenium

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:02 am

Thanks, B&B!

I know nothing about the Last Millenium. Will any formal portals built go to the same place, or should we use linking books to reach the preferred spot? Also, are distances 1:1 with the overworld?
-Boss Llama

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin
User avatar
Posts: 2599
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: FTB Hub in The Last Millenium

Post by black_and_blue » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:30 am

Boss Llama wrote:I know nothing about the Last Millenium. Will any formal portals built go to the same place, or should we use linking books to reach the preferred spot? Also, are distances 1:1 with the overworld?
All formal portals in the Overworld or any other dimension go to the same place in The Last Millenium, but returning from The Last Millenium always goes to spawn.

So, you can get there from your house without having to walk to spawn just by building your own Last Millenium portal, but you need to bring a linking book to get back, otherwise you will find yourself walking from spawn.

Boss Llama
Server Ops
Server Ops
User avatar
Posts: 9743
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:45 pm

Games Played

Ville Awards

<eVa>Boss Llama’s avatar
Loading…

Re: FTB Hub in The Last Millenium

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:01 am

black_and_blue wrote: All formal portals in the Overworld or any other dimension go to the same place in The Last Millenium, but returning from The Last Millenium always goes to spawn.

So, you can get there from your house without having to walk to spawn just by building your own Last Millenium portal, but you need to bring a linking book to get back, otherwise you will find yourself walking from spawn.
Perfect! Thank you very much.
-Boss Llama

Guardian
Villun
Villun
User avatar
Posts: 3941
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:56 pm

Ville Awards

Guardian’s avatar
Loading…

Re: FTB Hub in The Last Millenium

Post by Guardian » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:27 am

Hey BnB, how do you want to handle portals to public areas like the nether and the Twilight Forest and maybe the crystal age I made? I can construct some portals in the hub but I’m wondering where you’d want me to put them.

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin
User avatar
Posts: 2599
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: FTB Hub in The Last Millenium

Post by black_and_blue » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:15 pm

Guardian wrote:Hey BnB, how do you want to handle portals to public areas like the nether and the Twilight Forest and maybe the crystal age I made? I can construct some portals in the hub but I’m wondering where you’d want me to put them.
Please do. I'd like to go get some crystal for my portal myself.

I don't claim ownership of the hub; people can feel free to decorate it as they see fit (although hopefully we won't find too many differeing ideas on how it should be done). I'd suggest that maybe we should reserve 1-2 or the four ides of the platform for public areas and use the other 2-3 for portals and books to people's homes.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest