For the denizens of the Minecraft servers
John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Minecraft 1.10 is out

Post by John Doe » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:42 pm

Inner mentioned that Mojang dropped 1.10 today, here are the details.

https://mojang.com/2016/06/minecraft-11 ... e-and-ice/

Minecraft 1.10: The Frostburn Update

Posted on Jun 8, 2016 by jeb_

What comes after 9? Well surprise, surprise: we’ve updated Minecraft to version 1.10! Get it hot off the stove in the Minecraft launcher.

The update contains changes for both the coldest and hottest areas of the Minecraft world. Polar bears roam the frozen plains, and a stronger kind of zombie may approach you in the deserts. There are also other additions you may find pleasant.

For instance, the update includes the second “technical block” after Command Blocks: the Structure Block. This block allows map makers to store templates of structures and place them dynamically with the help of Redstone trickery. Since it’s a technical block, you will not find it in the game menus, and is restricted to players who are admins in creative mode.

Here is a list of all the changes:

Many bug fixes
Added Polar Bear
Added Husk and Stray
An auto-jump option
Improvements to some commands
Structure blocks for custom maps
Underground fossils made from bone blocks
Added Magma Block
Added Nether Wart Block and Red Nether Bricks
Some huge mushrooms can be even larger
A rare chance to find lonely trees in plains
Find abandoned mineshafts filled with gold in mesa biomes
Villages generate better paths between the buildings
More variations of villages, based on the biomes they are built in
Endermen have been spotted in the Nether
Removed Herobrine

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Minecraft 1.10 is out

Post by John Doe » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:44 pm

I grabbed a recent youtube video that has an overview of some of the things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJMfdSrxD6I

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:01 pm

lol it seems like herobrine has been "removed" from each update for the last 3-4 updates now :P
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:18 pm

He always manages to add himself back in.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by M's » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:38 am

Careful with the auto jump. I foresee a lot of accidental deaths from it. But if you've play Minecraft PE you'll be fine.

BlackHawk_989
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BlackHawk_989 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:22 pm

<eVa>mlite wrote:Careful with the auto jump. I foresee a lot of accidental deaths from it. But if you've play Minecraft PE you'll be fine.
There is an option to disable it in the controls!

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:43 pm

Thanks Blackhawk, that's good to know!

/immediately fires up MC to turn it off

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:10 pm

Fossils, eh? I wonder how detailed they'll be. Could be a fun expedition motivation, to go find some fossils and dig them up "intact" :-D
-Boss Llama

Berfquack
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Berfquack » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:36 pm

ADevilishPotato wrote:lol it seems like herobrine has been "removed" from each update for the last 3-4 updates now :P
Herobrine has been removed since like alpha or beta, haha. It's definitely their long standing joke.

So does this mean we are planning on resetting? It does seem rather soon even with the talks of potentially 6 months.

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:11 pm

The Magma Blocks are pretty great. They are extremely common in the nether and mine quickly, just like netherack. They are a 'light block' like glowstone, jack o'lanterns, or sea lanterns.

The upside is they are so very easy to get in quantity that they will replace torches in many many cases.

The only downside is you can't step on them (you'll take a small damage/second) so they go in walls or in ceilings.

The amount of light they give off depends on the amount of light they've been exposed to. Fresh from the nether you can place them in the overworld and expose them to a torch. Remove the torch and they give off about a torch's worth of light. Expose to daylight for maximum light.

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:30 pm

Cool. I wouldn't be opposed to a reset. With Overwatch having just come out, it may take a bit longer for the server to get going, but that might be a good thing to have more gradual growth of the server instead of the sudden explosion and rapid drop-off we've had in the past.

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:56 pm

I have not been playing MC much lately, but I know that Masslings (Snidely Whiplash) does as well as Ladee and her clan. I spoke online with Masslings and Johnny Lombax and Elanor the fair about the reset and they all had reservations about an early reset. They have projects underway that they would like to continue working on and a reset would of course make them start from scratch which isnt something they were thrilled with.

Mass also mentioned to me that some of the new items from 10.1 such as the Magma blocks and the new zombie seem to be appearing on existing explored lands and they are not reserved to just the new lands like we have seen with updates in the past.

I think we may want to investigate what other items from 10.1 are spawning in the existing biomes, and see what items are missing, then we can make plans from there.

JD

FingerDemon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by FingerDemon » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:59 am

JD,

I missed your Steam message, but yeah I saw the discussion about a reset. I'm fine either way, really. I did just rebuild my house, but it isn't exactly made out of exotic material or anything. I will go along with whatever the group wants.

Thanks,
FingerDemon

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:03 am

When we reset the server at the end of February we talked about shorter reset times to keep people interested and to keep things fresh.

If we reset for July 1st that would only be 4 months, we could wait the 6 months that was proposed but then the interest in 10.1 might have died down a little.

I'm fine with either option, resetting early or resetting in 6 months. I would lean towards waiting for the 6 month date just so that people have time to finish their projects, or at least make more progress on them.

JD

Berfquack
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Berfquack » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:05 pm

I am fine with either case. I know what it is like for people to work hard on builds and then see the server switch and it is gone (ok well not forever it could be downloaded but this doesn't promote community server). Quite frankly its an issue with just how Minecraft is by nature. They add new things that need new land generated (for new terrain and such) that in order to visit we would have to venture farther and farther away. The easiest way to get to experience these are create new worlds.

In the past to get around this I found using server-side mods to create a multi-verse of worlds with cross chat was the only way to not lose builds. Since I stopped hosting and joined here I find I end up using an editor and combining all my creations over the years plus downloads of what I created here into a sort of museum of builds.

IMO - Keep it around or start fresh. I will reserve my next build idea until said time of refresh or word that we change our minds on even the 6 month thing (or get lazy/forgetful) and just leave it for another 8 more months (kind of like what happened to Decaville).