black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: FTB Reset time?

Post by black_and_blue » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:04 pm

I really hope the modding community moves beyond MC 1.7 fairly soon (and that the base pack provides a stable API so that it is easier for modders to keep up!), because I really would like to not be stuck there.

I could accept either one of the two. The Unstable 1.10 pack includes IndustrialCraft but not Thermal Expansion, so it might be interesting to be forced to explore that side of the tech. That said, I think for this round I vote for Infinity Evolved. There's a good chance that I will vote for 1.10 (or later) on the next reset even if modders haven't moved foreward.

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:45 pm

I'll play whatever is chosen and agree with B&B, 1.7 is starting to be ancient history.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:36 am

On a side note does anyone want to do a coop settlement? I have plans on rushing to do a Twilight Realm settlement but I'm wondering if anyone wants to team up as I'm getting tired of setting up all the machines by myself all the time.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:45 pm

black_and_blue wrote:The Unstable 1.10 pack includes IndustrialCraft but not Thermal Expansion, so it might be interesting to be forced to explore that side of the tech.
Where are you seeing IC in Unstable 1.10? It's not listed on the FTB main site, that I can see, unless it's hidden in another package (which it might well be). We used IC2 on our first Tekkit server and it was solid - I even used some IC3 stuff on the current server. If it's in there, I'd have few qualms about 1.10. As you say, 1.7 is a bit stale. I'm happy to run one more Infinity 1.7 server, and then yeah... definitely will need to freshen up.

-EDIT-

Hmm, found a different mod list on the official page that does include it. That's one of my pet peeves about all the various mod packs - most of them have crap for documentation. The lack of Buildcraft and Thermal Expansion will definitely cause a major shift in most people's activities, but if IC is truly in there, it definitely makes for a viable alternative.
-Boss Llama

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:29 am

I wonder if 1.8 is just a ceiling most modders are having trouble getting through (most likely because of new biomes and such). Either way, I still want to try Infinite 2.5 because honestly Unstable is missing too much of what I like to do in tekkit but I understand the desire to leave 1.7

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:00 pm

Looks like we've got agreement to do FTB Infinity.

Let's do this.
8)

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:38 am

The server has been reset!

The spawn point is in a... challenging location. You shouldn't die or anything, but it is a bit of a steep cliff down to the water. I thought about changing it, but this is Feed The Beast! We can handle it!

Don't forget to delete your old local Journeymap files, so that your map and waypoints refresh correctly. To do so, go to whatever directory you have locally installed FTB, and find the folder "FTBInfinity>minecraft>journeymap>mp." In that folder should be a subfolder for our server, possibly called "Ville" though I'm not 100% sure. Either way, delete that folder, and it'll clear your old map and waypoints, allowing new ones to be created when you log in.

I didn't change any of the config settings from last time, so all the settings we had (like no expansion of taint) should still be present. If you run in to an issue, by all means let me know!
-Boss Llama

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:04 pm

Hmmm it appears I can't connect to the server. I'm using FTB Infinitely 2.6 from the Curse launcher are we using Infinity 2.5 or an earlier version? I'm getting a "incompatiable mods" error. not sure what's happening.

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:47 pm

Guardian wrote:Hmmm it appears I can't connect to the server. I'm using FTB Infinitely 2.6 from the Curse launcher are we using Infinity 2.5 or an earlier version? I'm getting a "incompatiable mods" error. not sure what's happening.

Same here. "Incompatible FML modded server 174 mods present"

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:33 pm

Looks like there was something up with the versioning - it should have been on 2.5 (not 2.6), but was actually retrograded all the way to 2.2.2 for some reason. It is now fixed, and is operating correctly on 2.5!

The 2.6 release appears to be barely a week old, and it takes a while for new packs to roll around and become available through the hosting company. Looking over the changes, I don't see anything revolutionary. When it becomes available, I believe we should be able to update to it without issue.
-Boss Llama

Snidely Whiplash
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Snidely Whiplash » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:05 pm

Hey guys, how do I play on the FTB server?

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:14 pm

Hi, Snidely! I believe I've got you on the whitelist already, copied over from the regular server.

Head on over to https://www.feed-the-beast.com/ and hit the big red "Download Now" button to grab the launcher. When you fire it up, set your mod pack to "InfinityEvolved" and make sure the version is 2.5. Launch the game, and hunt up our server at 199.202.218.139:56790. You should be good to go!
-Boss Llama

Snidely Whiplash
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Snidely Whiplash » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:59 pm

Thanks llama

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:21 am

I managed to connect to the server and rush straight to the Twilight Realm and make a small settlement there.

I'm going to repeat my offer if someone wants to make a Coop settlement in the Twilight Realm and in general I'd like some help hunting down the bosses in this area. I'd like to attempt to hunt down them all this time around.

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:25 am

I'm too impatient to try to learn FTB, I will wait for TV5 to be reset, but I dont want it to conflict with FTB so I am thinking we may wait for the end of September.

JD