1.9 should be out on February 29th !!!

For the denizens of the Minecraft servers
John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: 1.9 should be out on February 29th !!!

Post by John Doe » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:07 am

Calc we stopped doing destruction days due to the impact to the server. But if your interested in one for your area let me know and I will provide you with some TNT and I will even come spectate.

I think were shooting for the 29th or perhaps the 1st for the reset depending on how stable the release is. In the past Mojang had 2 or 3 updates out within 24 hours to fix huge bugs so we may be a little hesitant to jump on the bandwagon too early.

I appreciate your other suggestions about the server too, I am completely out of the loop on mods though, can you give me some examples of what you would suggest we look at if we go that route?

JD

Snidely Whiplash
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Snidely Whiplash » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:58 pm

I am looking forward to the reset!

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:01 pm

I went on the map the other night and you guys have done amazing stuff!

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:18 pm

I saw that the nekkid man had moved around :)

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:32 pm

Nekkid?
Oh. Yeah.
There is a leaf, though.

Calculon000
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Calculon000 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:46 pm

John Doe wrote:Calc we stopped doing destruction days due to the impact to the server. But if your interested in one for your area let me know and I will provide you with some TNT and I will even come spectate.
Ok fair enough. No need to go out of your way for me, I just wasn't aware we don't do that anymore.
John Doe wrote:I think were shooting for the 29th or perhaps the 1st for the reset depending on how stable the release is. In the past Mojang had 2 or 3 updates out within 24 hours to fix huge bugs so we may be a little hesitant to jump on the bandwagon too early.
The 1st is a nice even date, and for me personally a Monday or Tuesday would be much better for my schedule to partake in the initial frenzy of activity that accompanies a new map.
John Doe wrote:I appreciate your other suggestions about the server too, I am completely out of the loop on mods though, can you give me some examples of what you would suggest we look at if we go that route?
I want to focus less on what people could get via Tekkit or FTB as we already have TV10 for that, and instead focus on mods that add or alter a limited but fundamental aspect of the game, especially mods that address some glaring gameplay deficiencies in vanilla. I would encourage other members of the community to bring their own suggestions as well.

---------------------------------
Minecraft Comes Alive
"Say goodbye to those annoying and boring Testificates! Minecraft Comes Alive does just that - it breathes new life into the game by completely changing the villagers."

Basically this mod changes villagers from glorified passive mobs to something resembling actual video game NPCs.
Archimedes' Ships Plus
"Wanna fly that giant sky island you made the other day? Want to actually use that pirate ship you built? Then this mod is what you need. Place a helm, add some balloons and off you go!"

Allows you to build air/water ships out of blocks that actually move around.
May not have a stable build for 1.9 anytime soon, however.
Thaumcraft
"Drawing magic from physical objects in the form of Essentia and reshaping it to perform miracles."

Present in other modpacks such as FTB, stand-alone Thaumcraft can revitalize a stale server nearing the end of it's life and unlike FTB, on it's own it maintains the Medieval-Fantasy theme of Vanilla without being thematically diluted by all the science and tech stuff in FTB.
Some of the more destructive negative elements of Thaumcraft like 'Taint' make it ideal for the latter portion of a server world's life cycle for when the map is going to likely be wiped within weeks anyway.
The Aether II: Genesis of the Void
"The Aether II is the sequel to The Aether mod, and is set primarily in the Aether dimension."

The Aether is a celestial counterpart to the Nether and adds a whole new realm to Minecraft in the sky. If I remember correctly it can be reached by making a portal out of glowstone rather than obsidian.
Looks like it has decent support and updates and should have a build compatible with 1.9 at some point.

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:31 am

Thanks Calc, I appreciate your input :)

JD

Ixtab
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Ixtab » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:42 pm

Boo waiting, but the 1st sounds good to me. Personally, I am not that big on mods for MC, but if there is something to stop the villagers from groaning, I would be all for it. Otherwise, if others want mods, I would not be against it.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:58 pm

I'm on the 1st bandwagon as well.

Calc that is a very interesting idea on the slow introduction of mods. It definitely gives incentive to come back and visit the server after the first three months of standard building are done.

Ixtab
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Ixtab » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:28 pm

Any idea what time on the 1st the reset will happen?

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:59 pm

Were just discussing that Ix, I believe it will be on the 29th in the evening if Mojang gets the updates out fast enough and Stevo has time for the update....And if there are no bugs that need fixing too I guess? If I recall when 1.8 came out within the first 24 hours there were like 3 or 4 updates/patches so I am not sure we want to be in too big of a hurry.

JD

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:50 pm

Looking forward to it whenever it happens!

Calculon000
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Calculon000 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:32 pm

I would suggest making the actual reset happen on the 1st whenever the daily server restart happens early in the morning. It's my understanding that restart is when the game world is backed up so it could be the final map archive before a new world is generated as well.

Having the changeover early in the morning might also have the effect of staggering, to a certain extent, villuns entering the server and thus we don't have 20 people all signing in at once in the afternoon or something causing huge strain on the poor server trying to generate a map for 20 people exploring at the same time.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:39 pm

The plan we are leaning toward is kinda the opposite, an evening reset so that everyone can enjoy the virgin spawn together. We'll see, nothing is finalized yet.

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:41 pm

Definitely at a time when I am awake. Something can always go wrong...