Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Tekkit server resetting as Feed The Beast, Friday the 21

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:28 pm

I pushed it back slightly towards default ore distro. The main differences from that chart would be that diamonds will spawn more towards their normal level, and the bulk of the gold and tin should show up higher than on the chart.
-Boss Llama

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:14 am

I had a brief look at the witchery mod and it looks really cool. If you guys want to build 10000000 miles from spawn (like black and blue did last time) I know this ritual thingy in the mod that can summon players from across the map, all I need is to make this taglock thingy before you run off (needs 1 gravel, bone and 1 glass bottle to make) and poke you with it.

Can't wait for the reset tonight, this mod looks like a lot of fun.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Witchery does look like it has all kinds of interesting things. I probably won't be looking in to it too closely for a little while, as I try to get a base set-up and focus on making sure I'm using a consistent mod and power-system throughout (having IC2E, TE, Forestry, TC, and MFR all present is a hoot!), and beginning my attempts to have ALL THE TREES, which apparently means I need to have ALL THE BEES first. So yeah. First the base, then the bees, then the trees.

I'll hop on the Ville TeamSpeak server in advance, and will use that to communicate the opening of the server, so we can all talk and get the info at once without a bunch of alt-tabbing around. See you there in just over an hour and a half!
-Boss Llama

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:35 pm

Success! We launched, had a number of folks on, and things seem to be running as expected. If you have any hiccups, please let me know!

The one issue we encountered is that the new mod handles whitelisting differently, and did not port over the old whitelist. I need to manually add people from in-game, for the time being, so only the folks who were the tonight are currently on the list. I'll try to start re-adding names over the next couple days, but if you want to play and find you're not listed yet, shoot me a message on Steam, here, or howsoever seems most convenient, and I'll get your name in post-haste.
-Boss Llama

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:43 pm

Biomes-a-plenty is definitely the star mod this time around. I think we all settled in somewhere crazy, it was hard to decide where to settle at first, so many good landscapes! Once I get my Super Quarry up and running I may go exploring.

So far I'm liking Feed the Beast. The new mobs seem to offset how powerful the additional stuff you get.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:38 pm

Since Mystcraft sort of kinda... crashed the entire server. I decided to try and create a player hub in a new dimension I read up on the Twilight Realm. No mobs spawn in the "safe" area so using Mystcraft linking books, we can use it as a nice Hub area.

Anyone who wants to connect to spawn can do so, I've already added my place.

The Twilight Realm itself is an interesting area with quite a few bosses that apparently you have to do in order. I'm going to try and find the Naga Courtyard tomorrow.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:09 am

Stevo was kind enough to provide a full copy of the properly formatted whitelist from TV5, which included the info lost in the conversion from Tekkit to FTB, so everybody should now have proper access! If, for whatever reason, you find you aren't on the whitelist, let me know your MC handle and I'll get it fixed!
-Boss Llama