X-Ray mod (split from The new TV5 project list +map)

For the denizens of the Minecraft servers
KajiVena
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

X-Ray mod (split from The new TV5 project list +map)

Post by KajiVena » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:20 pm

Though not many care given how focused they are on their own bases, I've started on the pathway to my place (and my future Witch farm) from the Nether Hub. Currently a work-in-progress, and half of it is a 2 by 1 tunnel (the other half being 3 by 3) through Netherrack. Even though it goes really high up, lava is a serious threat because it can randomly show up when clearing away, so I'm hoping to talk with Stevo on using a mod as to eliminate the threat of surprise lava.
Last edited by KajiVena on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Steam: KajiVena
DeviantArt: Mackinz
Minecraft: Mackinz

KV's One Stop Drop Shop

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: The new TV5 project list +map

Post by Gizanked » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:23 pm

No
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

KajiVena
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by KajiVena » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:53 pm

Gizanked wrote:No
I see you changed your username, Stevo. :)

Reason I want to use a mod:
VIEW CONTENT:
As shown on the image, this image was taken in the Nether at Y=117, with the X-Ray mod (single player world). See all those 1 by 1 lava pockets? That's why I want to use a mod. I have zero interest in the Quartz (I can always mine Quartz later) and my Nether tunnel is at a similar elevation on TV5.

Edit: I talked with Stevo for a bit and he let me do a quick run-through of my Nether tunnel to fix up any immediate lava threats. Now I'm back to Stone Pickaxing my way to a 3 by 3 tunnel.

KV's One Stop Drop Shop

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:33 pm

You do realize how many km of tunnels have been built in the nether by everyone else and somehow they managed to deal with this mechanic that is programmed into the game.
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:24 pm

Seriously. What is so hard about dealing with the same extremely minor challenge everybody else has handled readily without cheating?
-Boss Llama

Jonathin
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Jonathin » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:50 pm

It's less about cheating as it is using the worlds mechanics to improve your own experience. I see cheating as using external tools and programs to do things the game isn't meant to have, ie X Ray, super speed, flying ect. What 'cheat' are you referring to?

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:14 pm

Jonathin wrote:It's less about cheating as it is using the worlds mechanics to improve your own experience. I see cheating as using external tools and programs to do things the game isn't meant to have, ie X Ray, super speed, flying ect. What 'cheat' are you referring to?
KajiVena wrote: As shown on the image, this image was taken in the Nether at Y=117, with the X-Ray mod
-Boss Llama

Jonathin
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Jonathin » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:28 pm

Oh, didn't read that and connect the two. I figured X ray mods was a no brainer, but apparently it's not for some. I thought you where referring to the miles of rail lines in the nether.

KajiVena
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by KajiVena » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:10 pm

Gizanked wrote:You do realize how many km of tunnels have been built in the nether by everyone else and somehow they managed to deal with this mechanic that is programmed into the game.
From the rail lines I've seen so far, most were built floating so they did not have to worry about randomly stumbling upon a lava block while mining. Still, a few may have mined for their tunnels. They may have had to deal with being surprised by 1 by 1 lava blocks generated randomly in the Netherrack. All I did was eliminate the surprise factor by doing a five-minute run-through of my tunnel.
Alizée Fan wrote:Seriously. What is so hard about dealing with the same extremely minor challenge everybody else has handled readily without cheating?
It isn't a challenge, not even a minor one, and isn't really cheating in the way I used it. I just circumvented a minor annoyance in "pewf random lava" using a tool after asking and receiving Stevo's approval.
Jonathin wrote:Oh, didn't read that and connect the two. I figured X ray mods was a no brainer, but apparently it's not for some. I thought you where referring to the miles of rail lines in the nether.
He was, and I did use the mod to scan for potential lava issues in the final stretch of my current Nether tunnel project. Apparently, this is a super huge issue for some.

KV's One Stop Drop Shop

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:22 pm

KajiVena wrote:
Gizanked wrote:No
I see you changed your username, Stevo. :)

Reason I want to use a mod:
VIEW CONTENT:
As shown on the image, this image was taken in the Nether at Y=117, with the X-Ray mod (single player world). See all those 1 by 1 lava pockets? That's why I want to use a mod. I have zero interest in the Quartz (I can always mine Quartz later) and my Nether tunnel is at a similar elevation on TV5.

Edit: I talked with Stevo for a bit and he let me do a quick run-through of my Nether tunnel to fix up any immediate lava threats. Now I'm back to Stone Pickaxing my way to a 3 by 3 tunnel.
Vanilla Minecraft has been, is, and will always be Vanilla. Stock. Regular. Plain and simple. General server mods or mods that allow for cheating will never be allowed. Period. End of story. Anything else kinda make it not stock Survival Multiplayer Vanilla anymore...

If lava really is that big of an issue for you, use the in game mechanic designed to counter it. It's called a fire protection potion. Pop one of those and you can have a lava bath under the hellish magma oceans for a whole 8 minutes :lol:
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:28 pm

KajiVena wrote:I just circumvented a minor annoyance in "pewf random lava" using a tool after asking and receiving Stevo's approval.
Whatever it is you interpreted as approval from me was invalid since Gizanked already gave you a clear answer. You don't get to pick and choose which admins to listen to.

Why don't you just use a fire potion?

KajiVena
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by KajiVena » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:42 pm

Stevo wrote:
KajiVena wrote:I just circumvented a minor annoyance in "pewf random lava" using a tool after asking and receiving Stevo's approval.
Whatever it is you interpreted as approval from me was invalid since Gizanked already gave you a clear answer. You don't get to pick and choose which admins to listen to.

Why don't you just use a fire potion?
I didn't know that Giz was an admin until you told me that yourself, Stevo. I realize that now, but I had already finished doing the check before you pointed out Giz's admin status. We went over that in TeamSpeak.

I didn't use a Fire Resistance Potion because I don't have a brewing stand or the other ingredients necessary for such a potion and, really, it would be a tremendous waste (upwards of six potions for the minor annoyance of occasional random lava spots while mining?).
ADevilishPotato wrote:Vanilla Minecraft has been, is, and will always be Vanilla. Stock. Regular. Plain and simple. General server mods or mods that allow for cheating will never be allowed. Period. End of story. Anything else kinda make it not stock Survival Multiplayer Vanilla anymore...

If lava really is that big of an issue for you, use the in game mechanic designed to counter it. It's called a fire protection potion. Pop one of those and you can have a lava bath under the hellish magma oceans for a whole 8 minutes :lol:
It's not a big issue. It was just an annoyance, and preparing multiple fire resist potions for the possibility of random lava spots is pretty wasteful. There were only two lava blocks.

Seriously, guys, it's over. You're making a big issue over miscommunication and five minutes of x-raying. I already removed the mod from my client, because I literally only was going to use it for that purpose and only that purpose. You're more-or-less complaining about the principle of the thing, now. Also, we're kinda spamming the project thread.

KV's One Stop Drop Shop

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:14 am

KajiVena wrote:I didn't know that Giz was an admin until you told me that yourself, Stevo.
Just to avoid any confusion for anyone reading this thread, the easy way to tell an admin in the forums is by the color of their name. Red, Green and Orange names are all current admins.

You can view names so you're familiar with them while in-game here:
memberlist.php?mode=group&g=45

Jonathin
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Jonathin » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:42 am

Even better than a Fire potion or X ray mod is using a diamond pick to insta break nether rack. You can outrun the lava and get rid of it when you're far enough away. There are many innovative ways in game to make your life easier. I'm able to gain 2-3 free emerald blocks because my hopper timer on my iron farm dups them. No cheating, just exploits because of the poor coding Notch made with java.

Thank you based Notch, you are my greatest ally. Please go on more vacations with your microsoft bucks.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:48 pm

Principle is what our entire community is built on - of course we're "complaining about the principle of the thing." Cheating because you don't feel like doing the work to earn the tools desired is exactly the problem.

Suggesting we should ignore the issue because it's already done is like telling a cop to ignore the fact that you were speeding, because you're under the limit now that he pulled you over. A flippant attitude towards the community and its standards isn't helping.
-Boss Llama