X-Ray mod (split from The new TV5 project list +map)

For the denizens of the Minecraft servers
KajiVena
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: The new TV5 project list +map

Post by KajiVena » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:42 pm

"Cheating because you don't feel like doing the work to earn the tools desired is exactly the problem."

After spending many hours mining away at Netherrack to produce a 2 by 1 tunnel from spawn to my base, converting over half of that 2 by 1 tunnel into a 3 by 3 tunnel, dealing with lava like normal all the way, I spent five minutes doing a quick run-through of the tunnel with a mod to check for any potential lava issues and you're treating me like I'm no deserving of the "tool" I had already spent hours upon and just "finished" last night? Because I spent five minutes after being misinformed about what I could and couldn't do by the people who set the rules in the first place?

I... just don't even know where to begin.

Your comparison is inept as well.

I'd really like if we could put all of this behind us but, apparently, it's not going to go away. =_=

Steam: KajiVena
DeviantArt: Mackinz
Minecraft: Mackinz

KV's One Stop Drop Shop

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:06 pm

I built my nether rail line straight through as tunnels without assistance.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Jonathin
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Jonathin » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:36 pm

Me too, it was hard work and I died a few times, but I made it to the promised land of a Fortress.
VIEW CONTENT:
That and using the duplication trick for powered rails that has been in the code for the past several version I mean really Notch you could have patched a few things before selling it to Microsoft

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Plinko wrote:I built my nether rail line straight through as tunnels without assistance.
+1

As did EVERYONE ELSE
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:02 pm

TV5 is a vanilla server. Vanilla means no mods. Honestly, a mod that makes it easier to avoid hitting lava in the nether actually sounds very much like a cheating mod.

I don't consider it any different from a mod that makes mobs do no damage, or maybe a mod that prevents fall damage, but that's beside the point. No mods means no mods. End of story.

Jonathin
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: X-Ray mod (split from The new TV5 project list +map)

Post by Jonathin » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:40 pm

If you want X Ray so badly, you can either go to a new server somewhere else, or wait until the modded server is installed with a official mod that has X Ray like features. Playing on a vanilla server and only such allows players to use creative means to make neat things. Want lots of iron? Make an iron farm. Redstone? Witch farm. High speed rail ways? use the powered rails method. Want to tunnel the nether? Run with a diamond, eff 4 unbreaking 3 pick. X Ray with a 3rd party extension is no fun, which why it was fun when you COULD use X Ray with glowstone and a piston in previous versions. If it's in the vanilla version, it's OK to use.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:23 pm

ADevilishPotato wrote:
Plinko wrote:I built my nether rail line straight through as tunnels without assistance.
+1

As did EVERYONE ELSE
+1

Vanilla Minecraft is an easy game, mining into lava randomly is a problem that a miner must take into account when making a nether tunnel and many of us have come up with a solution that doesn't require using an X-ray mod. Solving that problem is part of the game and is a part of vanilla minecraft.

Honestly if you want to break these rules and become immune to lava, teleport everywhere and instantly strip mine everywhere then..... well play Tekkit like the rest of us :P

KajiVena
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by KajiVena » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:29 pm

Jonathin wrote:If you want X Ray so badly, you can either go to a new server somewhere else, or wait until the modded server is installed with a official mod that has X Ray like features. Playing on a vanilla server and only such allows players to use creative means to make neat things. Want lots of iron? Make an iron farm. Redstone? Witch farm. High speed rail ways? use the powered rails method. Want to tunnel the nether? Run with a diamond, eff 4 unbreaking 3 pick. X Ray with a 3rd party extension is no fun, which why it was fun when you COULD use X Ray with glowstone and a piston in previous versions. If it's in the vanilla version, it's OK to use.
You do realize (actually, you probably don't) that I have no interest in using an x-ray mod to obtain resources and that my only use was to check for lava spots for five minutes. It's terrible, I know.

Why did the mods have to split this thread off. I would have preferred it deleted, gone off the face of the forums entirely. Apparently, people cannot discern that I already uninstalled the mod and that I did not use it for more than five minutes for a minor thing, with no interest in abusing it as Jonathin described.

I am seriously frustrated now. Yes, I messed up. I fully admit it. Why does this have to be such a damn huge issue? Who do I need to apologize to to get this thing wiped from memory?

And no, Guardian, I did not "become immune to lava". Bloody hell. =__=

KV's One Stop Drop Shop

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Please delete this thread

Post by NerevarineKing » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:47 pm

If it was such a "minor thing", then why did you have to cheat to overcome it? I don't know why you think everyone should just ignore the fact that you did this, people are upset for very valid reasons.
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

KajiVena
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by KajiVena » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:59 pm

NerevarineKing wrote:If it was such a "minor thing", then why did you have to cheat to overcome it? I don't know why you think everyone should just ignore the fact that you did this, people are upset for very valid reasons.
Because I wanted to speed up the mining out of my tunnel. The degree of uncertainty regarding the chance I might find more lava was preventing me from digging out the tunnel as quickly as possible and I hoped to avoid that. Now my tunnel is "complete" (still needs decorations), and I will never touch the damn mod ever again. I literally just did a quick run-through of my tunnel and turned off the mod. =__=

This became an inordinately huge issue over nothing significant. Those that know me know I do 100% legit builds, albeit probably not at the scale of Alizee's horse statue.

KV's One Stop Drop Shop

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:08 pm

KajiVena wrote:
And no, Guardian, I did not "become immune to lava". Bloody hell. =__=
Everything I listed there is possible in Tekkit with the right resources :P especially being immune to lava.

Marf
Villun
Villun
Minecraft name: MasterMarf

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Marf » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Without making comment about the ethics of x-ray mods, I just want to say this:

When I was helping Calculon cut out our nether tunnel, some of the most fun moments were the "suddenly lava" moments. Those and surprise ghasts while precariously perched on a single-wide path over lava.