Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Tekkit is Back!

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:52 pm

IP: 199.202.218.139:56790

Yes, that's right! Tekkit is back at The Ville, starting Monday night, November 3rd! In less than 24 hours we shall have our shiny new Tekkit server up and running for the community to play on and enjoy!

The server will become available at approximately 7:00pm Eastern Time Monday evening. The IP is 199.202.218.139:56790

Potato and I are honored to be the primary ops on the Tekkit server, and will be happy to assist people having trouble DLing the pack or connecting to the server. If you need assistance, ask away!

What is Tekkit?

Tekkit is a mod of Minecraft, or more specifically, a mod pack. We are using the "current version" pack of Tekkit, which contains 31 different mods in one handy package. Ever wished you could build nuclear reactors in Minecraft? Wanted to fly around in your own suit of power armor? Build a space ship and fight three-headed creeper bosses on Mars? Automate farms and ranches to create a food empire? Have a fully-functioning programmable computer system controlling a volcano lair? All of this and more is possible in Tekkit.

Where do I get Tekkit?

If you haven't played it before, go to the official page, here, and click the "Get Tekkit" link. Download the Technic Launcher, make sure "Tekkit" is selected on the left side, sign in with your normal Minecraft account, and hit the "Play" button.

Can you explain the White List?

We've done our best to make the White List for Tekkit match the White List for TV5. If you're on our Vanilla server, you should be on the Tekkit server. It's possible a few folks slipped past if their names weren't on the "who's who" list. If you're one of these people, just let ADevilishPotato or I know, and we'll get you fixed up as soon as we can!

While we're opening with the same White List, be advised that due to the incredibly powerful and sensitive nature of a good deal of Tekkit's content, we reserve the right to limit access or remove people who prove unable to conduct themselves in a mature and responsible manner, independent of such actions on the Vanilla White List.

Any other notes?

Not too many! The rules are the same as the Vanilla MC server - Be polite, no griefing, no touching other peoples' stuff, no building too close without permission. We will not be using Creative mode or the /give command to do anything on the Tekkit server. The mod is extremely powerful, and there's no need for such things. Because of the rapidity with which it is possible to reach extreme levels of technological advancement, it's likely the Tekkit server will be reset more often than the Vanilla server, and we may even switch around between mod packs each time we do, to keep things new and exciting. Some are more focused on technology, others on magic, and others still on certain specific paths of research. For now though, it's Tekkit - the widely-inclusive pack that has a bit of just about everything! We hope to see you there.
-Boss Llama

Jonathin
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: Tekkit is Back!

Post by Jonathin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:10 am

Please consider adding Thaumcraft to this server in the future. I once made an awesome automatic tree farm that makes charcoal and apples using the power of golems, and been always wanting to do it again.

Thanks for the new server!

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:04 am

This makes me happy, thanks AF and Tater.

c4ridw3n
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by c4ridw3n » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:23 am

i want a ruby power suit.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:05 pm

I need my jetpack back. I just can't walk around Minecraft worlds any longer now that I have tasted the skies.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 pm

TheCarpe wrote:I need my jetpack back. I just can't walk around Minecraft worlds any longer now that I have tasted the skies.

One of the many reasons I have a hard time trying to get back into Vanilla Minecraft. That and regular MC doesn't have delicious meat ingots.

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:17 pm

MasterChef wrote:
TheCarpe wrote:I need my jetpack back. I just can't walk around Minecraft worlds any longer now that I have tasted the skies.

One of the many reasons I have a hard time trying to get back into Vanilla Minecraft. That and regular MC doesn't have delicious meat ingots.
...you and your meat ingots!

:lol:
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:19 pm

c4ridw3n wrote:i want a ruby power suit.
This could be you!
VIEW CONTENT:
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo DaVinci

MasterChef wrote:That and regular MC doesn't have delicious meat ingots.
Mystcraft now has a "meat block" page. I believe you can now create meat worlds!
-Boss Llama

c4ridw3n
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by c4ridw3n » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:
c4ridw3n wrote:i want a ruby power suit.
This could be you!
VIEW CONTENT:

Yes!

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:13 pm

Less than 2 hours 'til we go live :-D
-Boss Llama

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:19 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:Mystcraft now has a "meat block" page. I believe you can now create meat worlds!
You can't just drop stuff like that on him, you're likely to give him an aneurysm.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:12 pm

TheCarpe wrote:
Alizée Fan wrote:Mystcraft now has a "meat block" page. I believe you can now create meat worlds!
You can't just drop stuff like that on him, you're likely to give him an aneurysm.

Meat.....world..... It will be mine.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:32 pm

Hmm maybe I'll work on my mystworld Catalog again.

Jonathin
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Jonathin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:33 pm

If I recall correctly, you can make multiple worlds with mystic craft. Wouldn't that make problems if someone made too many?

c4ridw3n
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by c4ridw3n » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:45 pm

>.< the suspense is killing me.