For the denizens of the Minecraft servers
ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Tekkit is Back!

Post by ADevilishPotato » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:00 pm

Jonathin wrote:If I recall correctly, you can make multiple worlds with mystic craft. Wouldn't that make problems if someone made too many?
yes
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:30 pm

If you abandon TV5 to play Tekkit the Kilaaks will take over TV5! They have already made several incursions and we need the Villans to defend our servers ! ;-P

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:09 am

I've already begun work on my Mystcraft page collection and world building. What I plan on doing is creating a peaceful cool single world to act as my home and a place to hold the Teleportation Hub for people who want to participate.

I already have access to a World with Crystal spawns so we can create mystcraft portal right away relatively cheaply. I just need to make a good world to act as the hub. I can take requests on what the hub world should look like but I'll also note I may be limited by the pages I can find in the early game.

Side note, I could really use any pages you find, especially a regular starfield biome (because ender starfield makes everyone's eyes bleed.)

In the meantime I have access to a peaceful mushroom world and a tiled snow and desert world with Crystal formations.

I'll probably stick to mostly just forfilling requests and making personal resources this time around rather then going crazy like last time though.....

eumoria
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Blizzard tag: eumoria#1944

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by eumoria » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:41 am

downloaded the launcher, logged in, when i click play it closes then reopens the launcher, not launching minecraft :( what'd I do wrong?

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:23 am

Make sure you're using the correct version of Java - if you have a 64 bit system, make sure it's running in 64 bit java. Even if you know you've installed it before, you may have to again - it seems to have a strange power to fail to find it.
-Boss Llama

eumoria
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by eumoria » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:35 am

Alizée Fan wrote:Make sure you're using the correct version of Java - if you have a 64 bit system, make sure it's running in 64 bit java. Even if you know you've installed it before, you may have to again - it seems to have a strange power to fail to find it.
Tried uninstalling Java(then reboot) and deleting both .minecraft and .technic from %appdata%. After reinstalling with the default Oracle web installer and replacement configs I had the same outcome. Don't know what's up but it's likely related to how I initially installed everything on my system.

Before Technic initial Minecraft install:
1: Installed latest x64 Java from Oracle Redistributable (late September '14). The web installer asks about a toolbar so I go for the network deployment package to avoid that nonsense. [It still installs the java auto updater so I was all good.]

2: Got Minecraft standalone from minecraft.net ran with default configs in %appdata%

Everything cool with vanilla/latest Minecraft.

After seeing tekkit post:
Downloaded latest tekkit updater, logged into Mojang servers then pressed PLAY, downloads the mods then window closes (to load Minecraft, assuming) but after nothing it just re-opens the Technic launcher. I think maybe the launcher re-opens after Minecraft is closed so it's trying to execute the minecraft jar, it fails then re-opens the launcher as if the user ended the session.

Confused/Sad:
I uninstalled Java completely and removed all configs.

Still sad:
Installed using the default web installer and ran Technic after deleting all the configs = same thing happening.

I probably forgot something trivial but any insight would be rad.
Damnnit :cry:

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:27 am

Same thing here eumoria. I am positive I have Java 64 bit and all that jazz. I can launch vanilla Minecraft from the launcher, but not Tekkit. I'll try later today.

This makes me a sad panda, too.
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Jonathin
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Jonathin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:57 am

Trying DLing java 7. I updated it just on the off chance I could A) Play w/o lag up that will cause my death 95% from mobs and B) Stop the socket error messages when said lag up happens. But java 8 seems to break the launcher so I went back. Now I can play on an awesome server with the experience less than desired. I tried increasing the memory from 1 GB to 3, but that seemed to not have an effect. Tekkit was always fickle with me, except on a custom packet for Thaumcraft. Basically what I'm trying to say it java is crap and MC is held back by it. I hope MS does something that either makes MC play on java better or stuff it into another language, cus this is frustrating to play and have fun on.

belak
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by belak » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:54 am

This may be useful: http://www.technicpack.net/article/view ... a-18020.89

Java 1.8 does not work with modded minecraft as of right now.

eumoria
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by eumoria » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Larry/Pat/belak this may be the issue. When I get time I'll downgrade and give it a shot! Thank you!!

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:48 am

I've gone ahead and created a mystcraft world (it's a pretty sweet world I must say) to act as a the teleportation hub for this tekkit world. I've got to put up a few finishing touchs on the hub but I've largely completed it and linked it near spawn.

If you want to hook up your place to the hub you'll need an ink mixer to make a link panel which requires ink bottles (made from water bottles and ink sacs) and paper, and you need to combine that link panel with leather in a crafting grid to make an unlinked linking book. More info on the wiki: http://wiki.technicpack.net/Ink_Mixer

Info on linking books here: http://wiki.technicpack.net/Linking_Book

"To create a Linking Book simply hold an Unlinked Book in your hot-bar and right click.

If you right-click while holding a Linking Book, a book-like GUI will come up with a rectangular view port. Clicking the big rectangle will cause you to travel to the location the book was originally created (where you right clicked on it as a unlinked book), leaving it on the ground where you used it. While on the ground or a stand, clicking the book icon in the GUI will allow you to place it in your inventory. While on the ground, the linking book can be damaged and ruined by water, such as rain. Linking Books can also be placed on Bookstands or Lecterns so they won't easily take damage or despawn, but may still take damage from certain kinds of unstable Age. If Crystal is available, a Book Receptacle can be used to make a Portal similar to Nether portals. "

I also have an age with access to crystal so if you want a portal instead of a book, you can harvest some crystal and make one.

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:30 pm

So the fix to the Tekkit launcher not working is the version of Java you use. I'm not sure if you have to delete everything java, but I did.

I believe the version you want is something like 7.u72. I'll have to check, but I think its that one.

You might also want to allot more RAM. If you don't, WHAM, you might crash. Then, BAM, no fun. Then you'll be saying DA...

You know what? Nevermind.
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

c4ridw3n
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by c4ridw3n » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:14 am

make sure you have tekkit selected, sounds dumb, but I had the Exact same problem. It was related to needing version 7 of java and somehow tekkit wasnt selected on the launcher. try selecting something else then select tekkit again.

Good luck!!

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:33 am

Alright so I'm almost in a position where I can make almost any kind of mystcraft realm within reason, I just need the Standard Terrian page to narrow down that aspect.

On that note I request that if you want to play in a mystcraft realm that you ask me to create it so we can limit the amount of realms we create. I've already created a cool Winter Wonderland style realm which I call the "Great Winter Forest" which is a cave realm with giant trees on the top of everything.