Dragon Raid!

For the denizens of the Minecraft servers
Jonathin
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Dragon Raid!

Post by Jonathin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:37 pm

I was told it's always someone that starts up the raid in the End, and I've been itching to use my OP equipment against a tough mob. So I guess I'll kick start this off.

After 6 or so weeks (Or 3160 MC days) I think enough time has passed for players to settle down, build up and craft some bows and arrows for the big take down. If people are in agreement to that, I will go to the over world End portal and set up or build up a mini base with food, arrows and beds for people. Or not. I just find it common place to show up and hear people don't have food or that they got lost and died or are asking for swords (wth).

I'll also assume that since there is a Nether tunnel leading to a portal that goes to the End portal that a vast majority can find their way to the meet up. No need to dig an over world tunnel to it right?

Anyway, as for the date no matter WHAT date I think will be the best one there will be someone that will have school or is doing something that time, or something that keeps them from playing. SO, instead of suggesting a time, how about a vote?

Vote here for the time!
http://strawpoll.me/2810045

Vote here for the day!
http://strawpoll.me/2810083

Straw Poll only allows 30 choices to be made, so this poll is for the next month, a good amount of time to choose from.

Calculon000
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Dragon Raid!

Post by Calculon000 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:57 pm

I think the evening of Wednesday, Oct 29 would be ideal, personally.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Snooze

Post by Flash » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:21 pm

Whenever it happens:

Please make sure the egg is safely transported to spawn where an Op can place it in a glass case for all to view.

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:17 pm

Calculon000 wrote:I think the evening of Wednesday, Oct 29 would be ideal, personally.

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:19 pm

I like Wednesdays!
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:20 pm

Jonathin, thanks for taking the lead on this and trying to get the ball rolling.

Many of us have done the dragon raid before but there are a number of fresh faces that are on the server who have not as of yet.

What we will do (admin privilege here) is find some experienced bodies to lead the raid, and to plan it. I thank you for lighting a fire under us, we will get this rolling.

Please continue to discuss a date/time that might work for people but I cannot guarantee we will choose what comes up, it will depend on availability of those tasked with leading the raid.

Also please discuss what people need to prepare for the raid, armor, weapons, potions, stuff like that as well as strategy and so on.

JD

kkpyro
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by kkpyro » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Sadly, I will be gone on the 29th. I have participated in two of the Ender Dragon raids and I can say that it is VERY fun!
Go and get em! :)

Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire
The Ville Cup 2012- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Dustbowl loves Warpath 2013-CDi
The Ville Cup 2013- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tater Tots
The Ville Cup 2014- <gTa> Goat Theft Anonymous

Quandary
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Quandary » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:57 pm

29th. I'll put it on my calendar. Tell Tater to physically come to my house and beat me if I fail to arrive on time.

FingerDemon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by FingerDemon » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:21 am

Jackson would love to do this. We are east coast time, so hopefully it won't be too late on a school night. I voted for Nov 8th since we have Cub Scout camping the previous two weekends. But it looks like I'm the only one choosing that date.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:01 am

Each raider will need:
- A pumpkin (to wear on head - prevents enderman attacks)
- A bow
- Many arrows, or an infinity enchantment on the bow
- Food

Optional but recommended:
- Armor (other than helmet)
- Sword
- Health potions if you want them

The raid leaders will need:
- A piston (not sticky)
- A lever or button (to activate the piston)
- Several stacks of cobble
- A pick or two

Procedure:
- The group should all be in TeamSpeak. Even if you have no mic, it's important to listen in.
- Everybody needs to put on their pumpkin before going through the portal.
- One or two experienced people should go in first with picks and cobble to ensure the entry area is secure - it can be underground or on floating islands in the abyss; we don't want people plummeting to their deaths or suffocating in walls.
- When the group is zoned in, priority 1 is to go destroy all the crystals on top of the pillars with a hail of arrows. These crystals heal the dragon if left intact.
- When all crystals are destroyed, turn the dragon in to a pin cushion.
- When the dragon dies, it is vitally important that nobody touch the egg. If anybody touches it, it teleports away. There will be an almost blinding shower of XP orbs when the dragon is killed, so it's best at that point if people mostly just don't move until they can see again.
- The raid leader should then build a platform around the egg (without touching it, and without blocking the exit portal) using the cobble.
- Set the piston down pointing at the egg, and use the lever/button to actuate the piston. This will pop the egg out as an entity, and allow it to be safely picked up.
- Collect egg, return it to spawn hub for an op to install, and have a party. The dragon is slain!
-Boss Llama

Quandary
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Quandary » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:45 am

Is there a nether rail line to the End Portal already? I have most of the "necessity" items in bulk; I'd be happy to set up a small, temporary supply cache with the basics.

Marf
Villun
Villun
Minecraft name: MasterMarf

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Marf » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:53 am

Also, just to mention. Don't put anything important on the obsidian platform people appear on End-side. Every time a player or entity goes through the end portal it regenerates the obsidian and clears out the space directly above it.

I've seen automatic obsidian farms built from this concept using a wither to constantly break the platform.

Quandary
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Quandary » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:49 pm

I've gone ahead and done some pre-raid prep work for everyone, to try and keep the bar to entry nice and low. I have put up signs from the spawn portal in the nether leading to the raid rally point, and have also collected supplies at the rally point for all raiders to make use of on raid day.

The rally point for the raid has the following base equipment available for raiders:
- Pumpkins (64)
- Enchanted bows, at least power III (30)
- Food (cooked fish) (almost a double-chest full)
- Arrows (two double chests full)

It also has the following raid leader equipment:
- Pistons (4)
- Levers (4)
- Cobblestone (9 stacks)
- Picks (stone) (10)

Optional equipment (nice armor, health potions, swords) will still need to be brought by individual raiders.

Jonathin
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Jonathin » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:44 pm

Unless there is some higher upper plan in the works, can I be the raid leader? Shouldn't be too hard, unless having a microphone is required. If it is, I can get one, just never had a use for one until maybe now.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Snooze

Post by Flash » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:24 pm

Jonathin wrote:Unless there is some higher upper plan in the works, can I be the raid leader? Shouldn't be too hard, unless having a microphone is required. If it is, I can get one, just never had a use for one until maybe now.
Having a microphone will be very important for the raid leader, as well as having led a raid before.