Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Reset(s)?

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:41 am

At present it is a couple days more than 6 months since the Tekkit reset, and a couple days less than 6 months since the Vanilla reset. I'm just curious to know if people are interested in either of these being refreshed? I'm not in a position to do so myself, so take the results of this inquiry with a grain of salt, but I've always found the most thrilling part of MC to be the initial phase, when we're all hunting new lands, finding resources, and getting settled. Anyway...

Tekkit server: Hasn't been updated for ages, so is behind on version. Current version lacks Uranium spawning required for some techs. I'm not sure if anybody has been playing it much recently, due to these factors. Tekkit progresses very quickly from start to massively powerful, so in my opinion this feels like a good option to reset.

Vanilla server: People do play this regularly and there are many major projects on the server. I'm not sure if they are complete, or still ongoing - wouldn't want to chop anybody's mega-project off at the knees. I'd love a fresh start myself - I dumped all my gear today and pulled up the map to find an area I could go build a new place, but then realized there really aren't any unoccupied lands within reasonable "naked start" distance, without cheating and using existing infrastructure like the nether roads. So many people have played on the server, it's just a field of player icons, and I can't tell who is active and who is long gone. I'm guessing the active folks don't want this one reset yet, but let's hear from you.
-Boss Llama

Peahats
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Reset(s)?

Post by Peahats » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:38 am

I am still very active on the Vanilla server, and I know a lot of others are too. I've put a lot of time and effort into my base so I would not like to see it destroyed yet, plus the server is much more active lately than it normally ever is. But I can understand your sentiment, Alizee. I'd be up for a new adventure, but maybe not for a couple of months.

As for the Tekkit Server, I would love to see it reset and I would certainly join back if it did.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:46 am

I'm not nearly done with the vanilla server yet, so I'd like to see it last a few more months at least. Didn't we establish at one point that the maps would be reset annually so as to avoid the question of when to reset?

kkpyro
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by kkpyro » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:50 am

I only play on the vanilla server, so I can only speak toward it.

As much as I love a new start as well, I think there are still people building their bases here. I know we've had
a few new additions to this server recently.
Also, I'd still like to add a couple things to the USV base. I believe I'm not the only one working out there.

However, if the majority wants to restart, I'll go with that. I just like the game. :)

Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire
The Ville Cup 2012- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Dustbowl loves Warpath 2013-CDi
The Ville Cup 2013- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tater Tots
The Ville Cup 2014- <gTa> Goat Theft Anonymous

Moonray
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonray » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:59 am

Will T. wrote:I'm not nearly done with the vanilla server yet, so I'd like to see it last a few more months at least.
Same here, but like KK, I'm fine with resetting if that's what people want. :)
The Ville Cup 2012 - Commissar Crimson's Conscript Platoon
Dustbowl Loves Warpath 2013 - SOBAD
The Ville Cup 2013 - Group Of Drunks
The Ville Cup 2014 - Fox In Sox Team

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:31 pm

I've been busy lately and no time to login to Vanilla. Probably will be on some over the next few weeks to finish up my projects, though.

I would like to see a reset sometime in the next couple of months, let's just be sure to give a good 3-4 weeks notice to everyone of an impending map reset.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:34 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:...realized there really aren't any unoccupied lands within reasonable "naked start" distance, without cheating and using existing infrastructure like the nether roads.
Only my opinion:

My friend you have set an onerous burden on yourself and alas, with it will likely only ever be happy for a few months after a reset. You can easily get that "naked start" experience by traveling on existing infrastructure and then going off-grid. Get off that road and don't look back. You can do naked-starts this way for a long time.

Of course, you can do a fresh naked-start in single player every day. But your skills and imagination are too great for that! Don't hide that torch under a block. We need Jardins du château de Versailles!

Inner

LadeeeDuke
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by LadeeeDuke » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:09 pm

kkpyro wrote:I only play on the vanilla server, so I can only speak toward it.

As much as I love a new start as well, I think there are still people building their bases here. I know we've had
a few new additions to this server recently.
Also, I'd still like to add a couple things to the USV base. I believe I'm not the only one working out there.

However, if the majority wants to restart, I'll go with that. I just like the game. :)

Ditto

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:13 pm

Yes tekkit since no one can play on it due to it being out of date, no vanilla for people are still very active on it
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:08 pm

We had decided a while back that we would plan on Vanilla resets about once per year. We ended up doing this last reset a little sooner due to the release of the new version of Minecraft that added something significant (can't remember what). I'd say we are still a good ways off from resetting TV5 again.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:31 pm

Ok, I didn't recall the 1 year discussion - must have spaced on it. That does seem... really really really long. The entire US Capitol project took only 8 months, including a couple months of near-inactivity in the middle, finishing just a day or two before a reset. Clearly we shouldn't do a reset immediately or anything (the consensus in this thread is universally to keep it going for at least a couple more months), but a year is holy-wow long! As it will, though - if that's the previous consensus, who am I to disagree?

On the Tekkit server, looks like we could definitely use an update and reset on that one!

@Inner - Thanks :-D I like the sociability of Minecraft multiplayer, but I guess I'm just feeling really constrained right now. Too far developed in what I have to undo it, insufficient space or inspiration to really pursue a new project. I'd like to make the gardens of Versailles happen, but that'll have to wait for a new server. It would take pretty nearly the entire populated area of our current server to execute presently! I admit I do set a significant burden on myself; you're quite right that I only really enjoy the first couple months of each new server. The rush is in the race to explore, to discover new lands, to mine the first resources, to help the first newcomers, to build the first bases. Once everything is established in to a routine, I can get rapidly bored if I don't get myself locked in on a big project, and for whatever reason, I didn't do so this time around.
-Boss Llama

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:48 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:
On the Tekkit server, looks like we could definitely use an update and reset on that one!
Well it has been in need of updating for a month now...took dog 2 months last time so I'm not holding my breath :lol: #weloveyou/missyoudogcomebackplease!
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:45 am

Flash wrote:We had decided a while back that we would plan on Vanilla resets about once per year. We ended up doing this last reset a little sooner due to the release of the new version of Minecraft that added something significant (can't remember what). I'd say we are still a good ways off from resetting TV5 again.
The new feature was brand new biomes which could only be accessed on a new map which is why we reset I believe.

It was really fun scouting the new land to find the brand new stuff and even to find jungle since it was rare