The tale of the cursed golden pickaxe

For the denizens of the Minecraft servers
Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

The tale of the cursed golden pickaxe

Post by Guardian » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:26 am

Many of you know it's much easier working up to a diamond armor set with a fortune pickaxe which is my current goal so I can start farming wither skeletons. However I seemed to get a bad string of luck enchanting diamond pickaxes getting a number of eff 4, unbreaking 3 picks and nothing else. Potato who's in the same area as me has one himself but we're never on at the same time and I don't know where he put his so I attempted to make one of my own.

Wanting to conserve diamond I decided to enchant a gold pickaxe just to see what I'd get. I thought I got lucky right away with a fortune 3, eff 4 pick. Little did I know at the time, this was no blessed pick.

I ran straight into my mine after receiving the pick eager to get some diamonds and went to a nearby diamond reserve I had been waiting to mine for a while... then it happened.

The land froze and the server shuttered and blocks refused to produce anything. It was usual lag I run into sometimes, seems JD was making land. When everything went back to normal I got all the blocks I mined.... except the diamonds. I logged back in and out... Nothing. The full 6 block reserve was completely gone. "NNOOOOO" I cried blaming lag, blaming my friend but little did I know that's exactly want the pick wanted, it wanted me to turn on my friends!

I continued and mined another 2 block diamond reserve, same story every block but the diamonds were fine. This time I knew sometime else was wrong. JD disappeared and I looked at this cursed pick and began testing.

Regular stone blocks mined fine. Coal even too. But redstone? Nothing. Lupis? Nothing? Diamond? All gone. THIS PICKAXE WAS CURSED!!!!

THIS WAS NO FORTUNE PICKAXE!!! IT MERELY DISGUISED ITSELF AS SUCH TO LURE YOU INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY!!!! IT WOULD DESTROY ANYTHING VALUABLE LEAVING YOU WITH NOTHING BUT TEARS AND BROKEN DREAMS!!!!!

I then feared this pickaxe's power!! Should I simply destroy it? NOOO, whatever dark spirits within it may be released with it's death!!! So I sealed it deep in the mountain in the mesa valleys so I may never touch diamond.

So for now on when I get a fortune pickaxe I'm going to test it on some redstone first.....

and potato where the heck did your fortune pick go anyways?
Last edited by Guardian on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

prang
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: The tale of the cursed golden pickaxe

Post by prang » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:58 am

Seal that evil deep within the earth! You must put it in a chest on an obsidian pedastal. Surround it with a moat of lava and set no less than 10 iron golems patrolling its boundaries. No adventurer can ever be allowed to bring forth such horrendous evil as that golden pickaxe. You have suffered a terrible tragedy Guardian but your missing diamonds shall not be in vain for you have saved the rest of us from massive nerd rage by hiding the pickaxe from the world.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:35 am

I'm pretty sure gold doesn't mine higher ores at all, it's like a prettier, less durable stone pick.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:50 am

Aye, Plinko is correct. A gold pick can't mine diamond ore successfully.
-Boss Llama

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:22 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:Aye, Plinko is correct. A gold pick can't mine diamond ore successfully.
Yep, I've figured this out the hard way, but with a stone pick...
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:35 pm

Plinko wrote:I'm pretty sure gold doesn't mine higher ores at all, it's like a prettier, less durable stone pick.
Then why was I able to destroy the.... *remembers eff 4 enchantment* DANG IT!

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by M's » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:59 am

Is the pickaxe you seek?

Elanor The Fair
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Elanor The Fair » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Perhaps it should have a decorated lava basin built especially to destroy it. Or you could build a replica of mount doom to serve that same purpose. CAST IT INTO THE FIRE!!

F13ND
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by F13ND » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Back to whence it came.
Thanks Sparky!