Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

TV5 PurpleCraft organizing and Google Map

Post by Flash » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:10 am

The new map is live on the server and folks have been working through the night. You can use this thread to talk about where you are settling, organize projects around spawn, etc.

We have supplies in the hillside hideout to help get anyone started. Just be frugal in what you take and help us restock. If you want to help around spawn feel free to harvest/replant the Birch Trees or work the garden.

Horses: There are several herds of horses nearby; black ones to the southwest and grey ones to the east near the village. Please breed a foal if you plan to take a horse. This way we'll keep the numbers up for everyone. If a horse has a saddle, is tied to a post or fenced in it belongs to someone already. Hopefully we can get a ranch area developed soon to make it easier for everyone.

Likewise breed the cattle around spawn every chance you get.

:!: I'll be making a new Google map later this week and wanted to make a note about signs. The map will be set to filter "special signs" in order to avoid having thousands of them littering the map. If you would like your sign to show up please follow these instructions: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tectonicus#Special_Signs Conversely please make sure you avoid these criteria for the majority of your signs or any you want to be hidden.

:arrow: Please remember: don't build too close to anyone else. Spread out and be considerate of others.

TV5 Google Map
Current as of July 18, 2014 @ 5:00 AM

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: TV5 new map organization

Post by Guardian » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:59 am

Awesome I seem to have interesting timing because I got back from my sailing trip just now. I noticed we're in a Savannah biome next to a desert which means we're in a warm biome group at the moment. I was going to make a separate thread but I'll just post here. Biomes are split into groups and I think it'll be beneficial if we share biome information from the start to help villuns looking for specific biomes to live in.

The groups are Snow-covered, cold, medium, dry/warm which are catagorized here: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Biome. Since we're in a warm biome, snow-covered and cold biomes will be quite far from spawn meaning scouting them will be difficult so if someone could post what the coordinates are where they found it and if they needed to travel over water it would be nice.

Nearest Cold biome locations:
x =-719, z= -29
Most seem to spawn North West of spawn

Nearest Snow-covered biomes:
x = -96 z = -1548
x = -6500 z= 2500

Also certain biomes are rare now so similarly if you found a rare unclaimed biome you don't want to settle in you can post here and I'll add it to this post:

Unclaimed Rare biomes:

Flower Forest:
x= 5138 z= 959

Jungle (yes it's rare now):

Mesa:
x= 3900 z= -390

Roofed Forest:
x=690 z=525

Mega Taiga:
x= 2500 z= -1150

x-2500 z = 1000

Extreme Hills+:

Ice Plains Spikes:

Swamp: x= +1500 z=-300

Keep our rule about building too close to other villuns stuff in mind if you find someone living there.

I'll edit this post as new biomes are found and villuns take over posted biomes. I'm personally looking to settle in with a partner or a group in a snow biome or mega-taiga or something but we'll see what happens. Good luck exploring villuns!
Last edited by Guardian on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:37 am, edited 7 times in total.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: TV5 PurpleCraft - new map organization

Post by Gizanked » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:16 pm

so i was just thinking in my head that using the plateaus as a raised village at spawn could be kinda neat. but i don't have the game in front of me at the moment to see exactly how it would lay out.

I would love to get into a mega taiga. one of the seeds we were looking at had a mega taiga ... a mega mega taiga right at spawn but there were too many other negatives about it to use it in the end.

I know blackhawk is looking to get into a mesa. not sure if anyone else is looking for something specific.
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm desperately looking for jungle. Really bummed they are rare now.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:51 pm

I am settled in an Extreme Hills biome, a couple km to the west of spawn. The biome centers around -2150, 450.
-Boss Llama

F13ND
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by F13ND » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:01 pm

I have claimed some of the Extreme Hills+ x =-719, z= -29 and NKing has another part of it.
Thanks Sparky!

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Guardian and I have claimed a Mesa Biome to the something or other direction.
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:37 am

Finding any kind of snow biome seems to be difficult. I went scouting on horseback north-west but found nothing notable but a second mega-taiga biome. Finding an ice spikes biome is going to be impossible.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:00 am

Can't be any more difficult than finding Mooshrooms and such in previous ones. Just takes exploration!

I've gone about as far west as you can on our continent following the equator. Hit ocean at around -4500. It appears to curve around the southern edge of our continent beginning around the 200 mark and expanding slightly farther as it comes back east towards the prime meridian.
-Boss Llama

Last of The Finest
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Last of The Finest » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:12 am

I'm setting up around -985, 64 inside a Birch Forest.
Participant in Ville Cup '11, Villelympics '11, Warpath Cup '12, Ville Cup '14

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:46 am

Last of The Finest wrote:I'm setting up around -985, 64 inside a Birch Forest.
I know the forest you're in :-D If you do a nether portal there, you shouldn't be too far from the road I built in the nether to connect back to spawn. It should be passing no more than 50m south of your nether location, at a height of around 75. Feel free to patch in!

--------

On an unrelated note, do we have a list of what is needed for spawn in terms of structures? I'd be happy to start working on the spawn town, but I don't want to screw up any designs the powers that be have in mind. I'm eager to get to work though, so let me know!
-Boss Llama

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:08 am

Last map I set up the floor plan and made the storage room and let people fill in plots. I want to make hanging bridges from the 4 plateaus around spawn.

I might hop on some today during nap time to flesh some plans out.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:20 am

I will probably be in game later this week as I'm headed out overseas and MC is one of the few things I can play on my laptop. I mostly can only do excavation and building in safe locations due to ping, so I can work on stuff for spawn as needed.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:26 am

So currently lots of wood and torches would be nice for spawn.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:48 am

Alizée Fan wrote:Can't be any more difficult than finding Mooshrooms and such in previous ones. Just takes exploration!

I've gone about as far west as you can on our continent following the equator. Hit ocean at around -4500. It appears to curve around the southern edge of our continent beginning around the 200 mark and expanding slightly farther as it comes back east towards the prime meridian.
True, it's definitely a fun challenge though it feels odd that it takes this much effort to find such common biomes. I wonder if we'll need to change continents before finding anything with snow at ground level :P. What I might try to do is travel a great distance in the nether with a saddle, build a portal then tame a random wild horse to explore wherever I end up.