Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Tekkit server

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:00 am

One thing we've noticed is that a significant number of the crashes occur right when somebody joins. Whether it's the sudden rendering and calculating load just overwhelming the server, or if there's something else, we're not sure. It's not the only time things crash, but it definitely has a statistically significant frequency.
-Boss Llama

Marf
Villun
Villun
Minecraft name: MasterMarf

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Marf » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:00 am

Cpt._Keyes wrote:I'm at the part where i am mining under ground ravines while using a jetpack, a mining drill and a chainsaw
I haven't had much time yet, but I haven't even located a place I want to build yet, let alone start mining.

arfy4
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by arfy4 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:08 pm

I'm thinking of building a brewery. Would it be okay near the welcome center or would it be better somewhere else?

Last of The Finest
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Last of The Finest » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:55 am

Build away. Just mind the rubber trees until we can organize them a bit.

In other news, there's a bread machine now in the original welcome center. Put wheat in the back chest and it will pump out bread!

Participant in Ville Cup '11, Villelympics '11, Warpath Cup '12, Ville Cup '14

Kagsacar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Kagsacar » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:53 pm

Can i be whitelised please i love tekkit

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:33 pm

Kagsacar wrote:Can i be whitelised please i love tekkit
Added.

Warpath Cup- FU-2011, FAIL 2012
Villeympics- BB 2011, USAHB 2012
Ville Cup- HK 2011, SNES 2012, :TIME: 2013, CTB 2014

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:32 am

There was some interest in my Diamond Machine, and I'm personally pretty proud of it, so I thought I'd share.
VIEW CONTENT:
It's not pretty, but it's functional. It can smash a stack of Coal into a Diamond in about a minute or so per stack, and it's completely automated. Drop the Coal in one end, wait a bit, and then pick up your Diamond at the other.

I've ended up with a Diamond surplus because of it so I've set up a Vending Machine near the Welcome Center at spawn, you can buy a Diamond for a stack of Coal. I can then use the Coal to make another diamond to refill the machine. You're also welcome to drop by me and Buzzy's place and send some Coal through the machine yourself if you want to see the process in action.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:32 pm

Very cool, Carpe! When I get home tomorrow night, I'll have to swing by and check out your design. Looks pretty awesome.
-Boss Llama

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:Very cool, Carpe! When I get home tomorrow night, I'll have to swing by and check out your design. Looks pretty awesome.
The door's always open, the machine is in the lower level. If I'm not around to show you the process there are signs up to tell you what to do. The only real thing you want to do is spin up the Rotary Macerator before tossing in the coal. There's a switch on the wall, you'll know if it's on because the room will light up.

Oh, and sometimes when the chunk unloads and reloads, some of the directions on the pipes gets screwy. If something isn't quite working, there's a wrench in the coal chest you can use to adjust the offending pipe(s).
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Ahh okay, i was wandering around looking for the vending machine, it's was right in front of my nose, so i went to the actually machine and looked at it for like 20 seconds and decided that i didn't need the diamonds that bad lol.
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:23 pm

6Larry9 wrote:Ahh okay, i was wandering around looking for the vending machine, it's was right in front of my nose, so i went to the actually machine and looked at it for like 20 seconds and decided that i didn't need the diamonds that bad lol.
Well, it's there if you change your mind :D

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:42 pm

TheCarpe wrote:
Alizée Fan wrote:Very cool, Carpe! When I get home tomorrow night, I'll have to swing by and check out your design. Looks pretty awesome.
The door's always open, the machine is in the lower level. If I'm not around to show you the process there are signs up to tell you what to do. The only real thing you want to do is spin up the Rotary Macerator before tossing in the coal. There's a switch on the wall, you'll know if it's on because the room will light up.

Oh, and sometimes when the chunk unloads and reloads, some of the directions on the pipes gets screwy. If something isn't quite working, there's a wrench in the coal chest you can use to adjust the offending pipe(s).
If you apply a redstone signal to your rotary macerator, it will accelerate to 7500 RPM and stay there permanently. The only negative is it does require a small amount of energy, maybe 1 or 2 ticks, but if you have some water filters going or some solar attached to a batt box, theres your constant energy source. The redstone trick applies to all tier 2 machines (induction furnace, etc.).

Never wait for coal to grind or iron to cook again!

Warpath Cup- FU-2011, FAIL 2012
Villeympics- BB 2011, USAHB 2012
Ville Cup- HK 2011, SNES 2012, :TIME: 2013, CTB 2014

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:54 am

Oh no, I've already got it rigged up to a redstone line. I'm sure my current power setup could handle it being run all the time, but I'm just not a fan of a constant power drain, however minimal.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:18 pm

By the way, is weather disabled? I swear I've never seen rain on this server.

Marf
Villun
Villun
Minecraft name: MasterMarf

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Marf » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:50 am

TheCarpe wrote:By the way, is weather disabled? I swear I've never seen rain on this server.
You're right, I don't think I've seen it rain. There should be weather in tekkit, solar stops working during a rainstorm and wind works better.