Minecraft username: rockstarben1

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Stevo's Server, Claimed Land

Post by John Doe » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:52 am

#25 isnt John Does, I managed to leave the spawn and head in the correct direction this time and when I got to that area I found a little castle built there, but no signage to indicate whos it was.

Currently JD doesnt have any land claim, when he went the wrong way he setup a small base for the night in a location that may be in Fraus #28, or it may be beyond it, but before Tungstens #13.

If I can confrim I am beyond Fraus claim and I am in the unclaimed space between her #28 and Tungstens #13 I may lay a claim there.

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:58 am

John Doe wrote:#25 isnt John Does, I managed to leave the spawn and head in the correct direction this time and when I got to that area I found a little castle built there, but no signage to indicate whos it was.

Currently JD doesnt have any land claim, when he went the wrong way he setup a small base for the night in a location that may be in Fraus #28, or it may be beyond it, but before Tungstens #13.

If I can confrim I am beyond Fraus claim and I am in the unclaimed space between her #28 and Tungstens #13 I may lay a claim there.
Looking at the map i can see a stone castle structure to the West edge of your land. If you are vacating #25 for good let me know, I want to build a 1 block wide skyrail from my house to the shore of the continent that houses spawn, to make travel easier. As is it would be over your land and the first station would be on your shore with permission.
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:30 pm

Betteh, I am pretty sure its not my land due to there being a castle on it and also for the fact I didnt ever get onto the multiplayer server until just this weekend. So I really have never been on to make a claim. I think you will need to find the proper owner and ensure permission is given. If in fact we can confirm the plot of land was assigned to me then I will work it and your more than welcome to build your bridge on it as I would also be able to take advantage of it.

I am a total noob on the multiplayer server and I seem to have a horrible sense of direction in game as seldom can I get anything to look like the map that we are tracking plots on.

To my understanding the left side of the map is North? and from the spawn KRG/Fox's pyramid is to the North East? Generally I run around with a compass that points to spawn which i guess is nice but I would love one that points to North and a Map thats designed with North at the top.

Ah well, such are the challenges of being a noob.

Also, a noob question, is there a way to get a current overhead shot like what is in post #1 so I can see where structure is and such, perhaps that will help me to have a sense of direction and not wander around aimlessly waiting for the next creeper to stab me in the back.

JD

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:52 pm

North is up on the map. Here's the current map updated daily: http://bit.ly/craftville

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Snooze

Post by Flash » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:16 pm

John Doe wrote:I would love one that points to North and a Map thats designed with North at the top.
JD
The clouds always blow north so if you're above ground that is a good way to see where you're headed. Obviously underground this won't help at all.

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:44 pm

Its also worth making a compass.

If you need help with crafting you can find it on http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting

Remember that a compass always points towards spawn. Between the clouds and the compass you should be good to go.

Also if you need help getting started or a place to stay while you get started lemme know. T and I would be happy to accommodate your learning and help you out.
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:26 am

Thanks to Betteh, T, and a whole bunch of people on TS and on Stevos server tonight I managed to learn a few things and get a better feel for where I am/have been on the server the past few days.

The spot labeled as #25 as mentioned has a castle on it, with many resources within so I dont want to tread on whomevers claim that is.

Now, a spot I was wandering to that I thought was east turns out to be to the south east, mostly south actually and isnt far from Mr. T and Bettahs claim.

What I would like to do is claim the area North of 18 but south of 29, east of 17 and west 16. It appears to be unclaimed at this time and if there are no objections thats where I would like to setup shop and start digging a few holes and such.

Alizee may complain that letting scum like me into the neighbourhood will bring down property values and I dont really have any way of defending that, its true, I come into an area and soon it becomes a place where you cannot let your children go outside to play due to the unsavory people you have for neighbours.

JD

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:16 am

Stevo wrote:North is up on the map. Here's the current map updated daily: http://bit.ly/craftville

Thanks for this btw Stevo, its a great resource for when I am aimlessly wandering around. And that its updated daily is very helpful too.

JD

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:16 am

I've got no problem with that, JD :-)

That little spur at the top left of my area represents about the edge of where I'll be blasting land, anything west of that is totally open in (and is also quite visually appealing).

Somebody started to set up out there on the first day, then changed their mind on moved away, leaving just a couple torces and some ruins behind. It's been uninhabited ever since :-)
-Boss Llama

[ONU] Prez
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by [ONU] Prez » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:13 pm

So I guess that there mystery castle is mine. Sorry I thought I was way further south than that. Didn't mean to gank your claim JD.

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:44 pm

[ONU] Prez wrote:So I guess that there mystery castle is mine. Sorry I thought I was way further south than that. Didn't mean to gank your claim JD.

No Worries Prez, when I found my way to the site and saw the castle I knew I didnt have a claim to the location, we just wanted to find out who it belonged to so as to avoid confusion.

And with Alizees reply the spot I wandered to on Sunday when I thought I was going east sounds unoccupied so I will jump onto it and start coming up with some crazy ideas.

There was one very cool mountain with a waterfall coming out right near its top that looked very impressive, I need to check that out again. There was a cave system I found that looked very interesting but it was steep, deep and dark and I was short on torches, picks and pigs meat so I really didnt explore much. Also, thinking I was on someones claim I didnt want to rob them of valuable resources.

JD

Soup Nazi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Soup Nazi » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:15 pm

JD that sounds a lot like my mountain chain anyway, well actually, not mine, cuz I have not exactly claimed it yet. I'll try that later. I want these three mountains NW of spawn, in the snow, I'll update the map and attach it later tonight
=USV= [BB] [IV] [WARPATH] [USAHB] :TIME: :TOOL:

Soup Nazi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Soup Nazi » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:55 pm

Hey there folks, ive chosen my plot of land, its pretty close to some people, but as far as i can tell, nobody is using the mountian chain for anything.

If anyone has a disagreement, tell me.

Here it is

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16193256/My%20Land.PNG

Ixtab
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Ixtab » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:55 pm

I was thinking of maybe straying a bit north into that area, but not that far.. no real big plans or anything, so if you want it, go for it. I just liked having the snow biome around for snowy canadian goodness.... are you planning on doing much surface building that will make the snow go bye bye?