Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Issues

Post by Perfect Villain » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:20 pm

Having 2 issues

whenever I restart I get to the shut down part and it goes to restart and my power to my monitor seems to go out its almost like the gpu is dying because I have to hold down my tower power button and shut it off then turn it back on to get picture back on my monitor, i usually have to restart 1 or 2 times sometimes before i can even get a signal to my monitor from my card, i did bios and it works only for a short amount of time and now its doing it again

Also having a issue with steam where it loads up the checking for updates and verifying installation and then it just does nothing and i end up having to end task and try again and usually i have to end up restarting once or twice before i finally make it work
Thanks Sparky

bluntspoon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Issues

Post by bluntspoon » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:33 pm

Have you unplugged and reseated you Memory/Video Card?
Do you have a spare video card and PSU to see if it's either of those things?

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:49 am

no spare psu but have spare video card

have unplugged and reconnected also

Everything that happens seems to have a video relation thats why i assume its my card, also i rmaed maybe a year or 2 ago because my 7950 was having serious issues they ended up sending me another one and that one also had issues so they sent me the current 7970 i have, would i be able to try to rma this one or would i just need to work on saving up to buy a new one?
Thanks Sparky

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:32 pm

7950 is badly out of date, replacement recommended.
RMA is free though, so if money is an issue go that route.

It seems to me that your GPU isn't getting the power it needs which is what is causing the first issue. Possibly it is getting inconsistent power, which may be damaging it, and would again explain the issues you're having.

For your second issue, if the updater is getting stuck it is one of two issues:
1. Bad blocks on hard drive
2. Problem with RAM

If it's number 1 I find it unlikely that it would ever work, not just work inconsistently. Number 2 seems more likely, if the PSU really is an issue it might not be supplying correct voltage to the memory sticks. This could cause processes to freeze up and rebooting would cause it to try to get the correct voltage again until eventually you get lucky.

I'd recommend getting a voltage tester for your PSU. You can find them on NewEgg or Amazon and they cost around $20.