Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Google Chrome doesn't like collapsible page elements

Post by Will T. » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:21 pm

Whenever I'm reading a webpage that has Java-based collapsible page elements - for example, any comment thread on Reddit or a page like this one - the collapsible elements on the page will close themselves upon page load. The issue arises when I try to open them: if I click the little "+" icon next to a comment on Reddit or the "Show" links on the right side of the page I linked, the element will open for exactly two seconds (I've timed it and gotten 2.000 seconds consistently), then auto-close. If I close it manually before those two seconds are up, it opens instead of closing at the end of the two seconds, then closes again an inconsistent fraction of a second later. Obviously this makes it difficult or impossible to read what is within these parts of the page.

Is there an extension or something that fixes this? Perhaps an unannounced patch by the devs that has to be manually downloaded but was only made available via extremely well hidden back channels (I hate when devs do this, but they do)? Any help would be appreciated!