Knowing
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Friends Steam got hacked.

Post by Knowing » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:11 pm

All right here is the story, My friend Zack... Logged into a fake steam to where it says "PICK YOUR FREE GAME" and log in. And he got hacked. Does anyone now how to help him?
The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
- Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Snooze

Re: Friends Steam got hacked.

Post by Flash » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Reclaiming a Hijacked Steam Account
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -qdfn-4366

Crusty Juggler
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Crusty Juggler » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:36 pm

M.N.I.F.T.K wrote:All right here is the story, My friend Zack... Logged into a fake steam to where it says "PICK YOUR FREE GAME" and log in. And he got hacked. Does anyone now how to help him?
Tell him to contact Steam support and include some proof of ownership like what is mentioned in that link Flash posted.

As far as helping him; people that willingly turn over their email address, email password, Steam account name, Steam password and Steamguard code for "Free games" typically cannot be helped. It's more of a maturity and experience thing. He'll eventually learn from his mistakes, just like we all did when we first ventured onto the Internets.
  • The Ville Cup 2012 Champions - [SNES] Superflous Nipples Equals Success - Captain
    Dustbowl<3Warpath Champions- Team CDi- Captain

Knowing
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Knowing » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Crusty Juggler wrote:
M.N.I.F.T.K wrote:All right here is the story, My friend Zack... Logged into a fake steam to where it says "PICK YOUR FREE GAME" and log in. And he got hacked. Does anyone now how to help him?
Tell him to contact Steam support and include some proof of ownership like what is mentioned in that link Flash posted.

As far as helping him; people that willingly turn over their email address, email password, Steam account name, Steam password and Steamguard code for "Free games" typically cannot be helped. It's more of a maturity and experience thing. He'll eventually learn from his mistakes, just like we all did when we first ventured onto the Internets.
Ah that reminds of the time when I was 13 I had gave everyone my passwords for some game called... I think Adventure Quest. I saw ads for it ago. Must still be around. But back to the story, It was for a free premium account someone had offered me.
The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
- Salvador Dali (1904-1989)