Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Hardware Acceleration Issue

Post by BlackHawk » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:49 pm

I am looking for ideas as to what I need to fix. Here is my problem -

The DJ computer I am working on has the hardware to run music video properly. The software is virtual dj 7 pro. If I run it with hardware acceleration off, it runs fine, but I can not use special effects and video trasitions (needed for smooth DJing). If it is on, it will run right in windowed mode, but not full screen on monitor 2, where it just turns the second screen white. Now I know that you could just resize the window to fill the 2nd screen and slove the problem, however some of the people in the company can barely handle turning on the computer. The computer is running Windows 7 Home, DirectX 9.0C and 11 (9.0c is required for some of the pulgins). I did try to update the chipset drivers and that did not fix the problem. I also disabled the dual-vid card BS (Apparently both the cheap video card and the good Radeon are in there and you can have it use either one at the same time so that you don't draw too much power, so some thing). Now it is only using the Radeon 7690M. The laptops is a HP DV7T-6c00.
“I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.”
― W.C. Fields