Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Video Editing Software

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:01 pm

I just found out, Windows 7 doesn't come with Windows Movie Maker anymore; the program I used on my old XP machine to compile some older .avi files I took, so i'm looking for an alternative video editing software since I don't feel like downloading the Windows Live version and cluttering up my computer with more useless crap like the Bing toolbar. It doesn't have to be fancy, and i'd prefer it to be as free as possible with support for .mov files (as TF2 exports .movs). Anyone have any recommendations?

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Video Editing Software

Post by Clay Pigeon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:16 pm

Handbrake?
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

Flaming Cheese Wheel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flaming Cheese Wheel » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:02 pm

Handbrake doesn't actually edit.

I ended up buying Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum for ~$90. It does a lot of stuff for $90.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:04 pm

I don't particurally want to spend 90 dollars if I can help it though.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Flaming Cheese Wheel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flaming Cheese Wheel » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:30 pm

There's VirtualDub, which ... unfortunately doesn't do MOVs.

Magician's Assistant
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Magician's Assistant » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:37 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:I just found out, Windows 7 doesn't come with Windows Movie Maker anymore; the program I used on my old XP machine to compile some older .avi files I took, so i'm looking for an alternative video editing software since I don't feel like downloading the Windows Live version and cluttering up my computer with more useless crap like the Bing toolbar. It doesn't have to be fancy, and i'd prefer it to be as free as possible with support for .mov files (as TF2 exports .movs). Anyone have any recommendations?
I do not know the files types supported but you can still get Windows Movie Maker for free. You just have to download it from Microsoft: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Magician's Assistant wrote: I do not know the files types supported but you can still get Windows Movie Maker for free. You just have to download it from Microsoft: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials
I didn't complete that installation, for the main reason that it installs a bunch of extra useless crap that I don't want anything to do with.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:02 pm

Can't you pick and choose what to install with the Windows Live Essentials package? I'm pretty sure I was able to avoid everything I didn't need, so I only got Messenger and Movie Maker... anything else it might have happened to contain was already on the computer when I got it.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Will T. wrote:Can't you pick and choose what to install with the Windows Live Essentials package? I'm pretty sure I was able to avoid everything I didn't need, so I only got Messenger and Movie Maker... anything else it might have happened to contain was already on the computer when I got it.
I know I didn't have the Bing toolbar, but it didn't let me not install it. So I backed out.