MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Stats changes

Post by MateoTheBold! » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:14 am

somedude wrote:
somedude wrote:Are there no longer any daily awards for reflects?
Actually there are no ribbons for any of the deflects like their used to be :(
Hopefully they get added back in. I always like checking in on somedude's reflects from time to time and I just shake me head when I do.

Warpath Cup- FU-2011, FAIL 2012
Villeympics- BB 2011, USAHB 2012
Ville Cup- HK 2011, SNES 2012, :TIME: 2013, CTB 2014

THE Flying chihuahua
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by THE Flying chihuahua » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:30 am

MateoTheBold! wrote:
somedude wrote:
somedude wrote:Are there no longer any daily awards for reflects?
Actually there are no ribbons for any of the deflects like their used to be :(
Hopefully they get added back in. I always like checking in on somedude's reflects from time to time and I just shake me head when I do.
I liked looking at agro and seeing how he had 98% headshots.
Imagepeahats made this because he is awesome.
Any semblance of wit is accidental, imagined, or medication related.
Minecraft ID is scatzilla99

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:38 am

i think you all are missing the most important thing...

06/27/2011 Most Deaths 474 deaths

THE ONLY STAT THAT MATTERS!
CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:00 am

Is there a way to prevent engies from losing points at the end of a round when the map clears all buildings?
Kinda dishearting to make it through a round with no loss of buildings, then to lose points for map cleanup.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:13 pm

There does not appear to be an award for Pain Train kills.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:20 pm

I noticed that since it now notifies for airshot rockets that you can get a point for hitting yourself with one, I'd say we should get rid of the point for that, then.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:42 am

Also, stats are still not recording on TV3. Made a shoutbox mention of it a couple days ago that apparently went unnoticed.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

BisonJerk
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BisonJerk » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:55 am

<eVa>mlite wrote:Is there a way to prevent engies from losing points at the end of a round when the map clears all buildings?
Kinda dishearting to make it through a round with no loss of buildings, then to lose points for map cleanup.
amen, I reported this a while ago and got radio silence.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 am

Couple things.

1. Why are the stats registering Tomislav as my "Favorite Weapon" when I have 99 more kills with the Persian Persuader? (356 Sword vs 257 Tomislav)

2. Is there any way to add Taunt Kill awards? I know the Gunslinger has one, but none of the others seem to, and i've been running away with Demo and Medic taunt kills lately.

3. Why do super-limited promo items have daily/global awards now when they didn't have them back in HLStatsX? (Big Kill, Lugermorph, Maul, Three-Rune-Blade, Saxxy, etc)

4. Does this system not have overall weapon leaders like HLStatsX did?

5. Can we rename the awards back to their HLStats award names? I prefered them over the current generic names. I can assist in renaming if nesssicary. (coming up with ideas for award names, like the Maul award should be something like "Martian Can Opener")

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:22 am

The luger is super limited? I have 2 of 'em...

I don't mind there being awards/stats for the rare stuff, but I agree that I'd love to see awards back in there for the less rare stuff that's missing, as well :-)

For the award names, I do like the idea of having a fancy creative name, but I'd love it if the names were predicated by name of the weapon. Something like "Minigun: Sasha's Friend" or something like that. The one issue I had with the previous award system was that it was a bloody pain to find an award listing unless you knew exactly what the random name given to it was. With the proper name on the front, they'll alphabetize nicely.
-Boss Llama

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:32 am

Zork Nemesis wrote:1. Why are the stats registering Tomislav as my "Favorite Weapon" when I have 99 more kills with the Persian Persuader? (356 Sword vs 257 Tomislav)
I figured it has something more to do with the weapon you have in your hands the most as opposed to the weapon you get the most kills with.
3. Why do super-limited promo items have daily/global awards now when they didn't have them back in HLStatsX? (Big Kill, Lugermorph, Maul, Three-Rune-Blade, Saxxy, etc)
I know for a fact the Luger and Big Kill had tracking on HLStats, because I added them personally :P
You can go to the weapon info and it'll tell you who has the most kills with it, but otherwise no.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:18 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:Couple things.

1. Why are the stats registering Tomislav as my "Favorite Weapon" when I have 99 more kills with the Persian Persuader? (356 Sword vs 257 Tomislav)

2. Is there any way to add Taunt Kill awards? I know the Gunslinger has one, but none of the others seem to, and i've been running away with Demo and Medic taunt kills lately.

5. Can we rename the awards back to their HLStats award names? I prefered them over the current generic names. I can assist in renaming if nesssicary. (coming up with ideas for award names, like the Maul award should be something like "Martian Can Opener")
1. This is a different stats system
2. This is a different stats system
3. This is a different stats system
4. This is a different stats system
5. This is a different stats system

The reduction on load on this server was our priority for moving from HLStatsX to GameMe.
The old system had MySQL running at 80%+ CPU time which meant that we could not run servers effectively. It led to the demise of TV15 Left4DoD Coop server because the lag was crazy.
Nowadays TV2 and TV3 are running nicely.
MySQL is at 6%.

But we have lost the configurability of the stats but will try and make changes as the weeks progress.
These stats are faster and have the stuff that Admins like - a record of a Steam address etc...

As most Villuns know, stats are simply fun things and have absolutely no importance in this community. We don't praise people for being the 'top' player because it's more about time spent than actual skill.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:22 pm

<eVa>mlite wrote:Is there a way to prevent engies from losing points at the end of a round when the map clears all buildings?
Can this be fixed please :pray:

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:25 am

One last question since I can't find anything regarding it, do these stats keep info for the last 21 days like HLStats did or do they, dare I say, keep indefinitely?

One_Medic_Army
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by One_Medic_Army » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:08 am

<eVa>mlite wrote:
Can this be fixed please :pray:
Seeing the deconstructed sentry point penalty, TWICE, at the end of a round makes me sad.
ImageImage
VIEW CONTENT: