A forum for computer hardware and software issues
regis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by regis » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:51 am

I don't want to stop gaming, it's just I'm finding less and less time to do so. All this studying for Certification exams is killing me. That and working on C++ and the other programming languages takes up a bit of time.

Console gaming isn't any cheaper, it's probably MORE expensive to play on the console than on the PC.$600 for a PS3 or $400 for an Xbox 360. Most of the time a PC only needs a new video card or ram, which can go for much less. Plus the games, new 360 games go for about $50-60.

loka
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: AMD & ATI

Post by loka » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:44 am

Honestly I think it's more fun to play on consoles than it is on PC. PC games are designed for one person on the computer unless you do a LAN, but I can get 4 controllers and play Halo on Live and have just as much fun looking at one screen then 4 separate monitors...so boring.
ImageImage
BLS DoD 1.3 '06 Ville Cup Winner
Death Dealers DoD 1.3 '07 Ville Cup Winner

Gen.Ben
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gen.Ben » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:32 am

[quote="regis";p="32993"]
I don't want to stop gaming, it's just I'm finding less and less time to do so. All this studying for Certification exams is killing me. That and working on C++ and the other programming languages takes up a bit of time.

Console gaming isn't any cheaper, it's probably MORE expensive to play on the console than on the PC.$600 for a PS3 or $400 for an Xbox 360. Most of the time a PC only needs a new video card or ram, which can go for much less. Plus the games, new 360 games go for about $50-60.
[/quote]

I guess if you're hella lazy, Just get a Dell with a Core 2 Duo and a 8800 in it.

The XPS line of dells would be an excellent choice as those cases/mobo's can fit the two slot video cards such as the 8800 GTS (great choice)

http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/con ... =710BX_R_E

It's going to cost you more than building one, but it's either be lazy and pay the bastards the overpriced price, or build one for cheaper.

fyi the PS3 had a price drop recently, A very competitive price of $400 for the 20gb, A hell of a deal IMO.
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z80/Gen-Ben/l3eeron/SMS_genben_sig.png[/img]