New Comp...what do u think?

A forum for computer hardware and software issues
Gen.Ben
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gen.Ben » Sun May 20, 2007 10:27 am

550 watts would be fine for the setup you listed above.

If you are real worried get a 600 or 650 watt PSU.
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z80/Gen-Ben/l3eeron/SMS_genben_sig.png[/img]

Squidly
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: New Comp...what do u think?

Post by Squidly » Sun May 20, 2007 10:35 am

[quote="bullwinkle";p="27163"][quote="Squidly";p="27080"]Nice comp Rohan but...

I would pick an Intel processor instead of AMD!!!

Finally, not sure you need a sound card, at least, not this one!!! You already have an integrated sound card in your motherboard, which is a 7.1 (the one that you want to buy is only a 5.1)!!!It depend too on the speaker that you use!!! [/quote]

Boooooo Intel, ok that outa the way, get what u want really when it comes to CPU's...... both companies r good (ones just better) and u cant go wrong.

and if u decide to get good speakers, the soundcard is a must. I personally (manys will very) is that the sound card makes a lot of diff. if anything it frees up your MOBO to do other stuff. and u'll probly be sacrificing $$ ir features for the integrated sound. But in the long run just get what u'll enjoy 3 years down the road. just when its time to upgrade to the new standards of the time. ........ my only word of caution is i dunno if 550 watts is enough to run ur vid card/HD/RAM[/quote]

I agree with you Bull!!! Boooo intel!!! Im an AMD fan too!!! But the fact is, i have to admit it, Intel has done a pretty good job with their Conroe processor. These are the fastest processor on the market NOW, and they are cheaper than their AMD counterpart!!! That is why I was suggesting to Rohan to take a look at Intel... Butif he want to stick to AMD, I understand him, this is a pretty good and fast processor too!!!
[img]http://www.alliedstoneinc.com/images/TV/squidly.gif[/img]

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Sun May 20, 2007 9:46 pm

[quote="Rohan";p="27200"]
[quote="bullwinkle";p="27163"] my only word of caution is i dunno if 550 watts is enough to run ur vid card/HD/RAM[/quote]

my friend said that 500 would be cutting it close and 550 would be the safest....what do u suggest?
[/quote]

i have a 500 watt power supply running 3 HDs and 2 video cards, 4 sticks of ram, 500w is plenty for ur system regardless of what u put in it. You only need more than 500w if you are using more than 4 HD/optical drive with dual video cards below 7950s or x1900s or you need atleast 850w to run SLI with 8800s regardsless of what ur HDs are.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Mike
Villun
Villun

Post by Mike » Mon May 21, 2007 9:15 pm

There's nothing to worry about with that PSU.

Squidly, Intel doesn't win in every case. Right now AMD beats intel in the mid-low end range because the low end core2duo chips are expensive and AMD has had large price cuts. I haven't really looked at this specific processor for comparisons, but this seems that it's just about on the boarder where you can choose either processor for similar performance and price. Intel beats AMD on the high end stuff though.