Cat Square
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: My first rig specs to today

Post by Cat Square » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:01 pm

My first computer was a Commodore 64. I still have it, it still works, and I have something like 200+ games for it. God I love that thing, it's one of my most prized possessions.

CPU: MOS Technology 6510 @ 1.023Mhz
RAM: 64Kb
Storage: 5.25" floppy disks
OS: there wasn't a hard disk or anything, just a kernal stored on the built-in memory. I had a windows-esque OS called GEOS, but it had to be loaded up from a floppy and didn't provide much more functionality than the kernal.

Next were family computers/frankenstein builds from a 386, to a 486, to a faster 486, to an AMD K-6, and then my first system from-scratch build (total piece of shite, btw) with an AMD Athlon XP CPU and I think 2GB of RAM. OS's have been win3.1, win95, win98, winME, win2k (I loved win2k), winXP (which I "upgraded to" from 2k kicking and screaming), and finally Win7. Here's my win7 build, my current computer:

CPU: i7 860 @ 2.8Ghz (stock -- don't overclock, kids, it's not worth it)
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1066
HDD: 2x 2TB SATA 3Gbps 7200RPM
GPU: XFX 2GB Radeon 5850
Monitor: 27" Viewsonic on an Ergotron arm (I can grab and move my screen vert/horizontal/tilt, let go, and it stays put)
Mouse: Razor Deathadder
Mousepad: Puretrak Talent
Keyboard: Saitek Cyborg
Sound: Onboard (running through a Little Dot MKII Tube Headphone amp, which drives my Sennheiser HD580 headphones -- a pretty nice setup, not counting the source ;p )