Responsible Gaming

Here you will find the queries of our honored Ville residents and the helpful responses.
Ignatius
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Responsible Gaming

Post by Ignatius » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:19 am

Zork Nemesis wrote: 6 years of subscription to Final Fantasy 11, with somewhere in the neighborhood of 165 days (165 x 24 = 3960 hours!) of playtime on a single character. While I don't play it to the extent I used to, I still maintain my character, as I feel like all that progress would go to waste if I just stopped, Blue Mage especially (prior to the level cap increase to 80, I had all but 7 spells avalible to a blue mage)
About the same here, I played from Launch till some point during WotG where I stopped. Had a 75 rdm/blm/war/mnk/bst/cor/blu. In the last shell I was in I never even informed them I had a rdm leveled.

Recently I've had to cut out a lot of gaming time, but I still try to squeeze in what I can.
TVC'10: Badass Bunch
Warpath Cup'11: Hades Babies, Villympics'11: Bold and the Beautiful, TVC'11: Conballers
Warpath Cup'12: FAIL Villympics`12: ACME

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:16 pm

I used to play WoW a lot. Like too much. The thing that got me away from that was the price, if you wanted to get all the dlc and stuff, you would have to pay tons..... i also felt like a dork too lol
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Gruelsicle
Server Admin
Server Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Gruelsicle » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:56 pm

As it happens, I have been gaming a lot less lately, but enjoying it a lot more.
One book I found incredibly interesting and awesome is Reality is Broken, can't remember exactly the authrix's name, do know she was a lady though.
However, it is a very interesting summation of "ludology" or the study of games. Games are simply activities defined by explicit, arbitrary rules. Reality is chaos, and everything is a game to whatever degree it seems orderly. And this line of thinking goes back a loooong time. As in Herodotus wrote of the Lydians, the first Gaming Community of occidental history, as having existed thousands and thousands of years before his time, which was 3+ thousand years or so before the year of this post.

Helps to name your feelings if you read someone describe the functions that you simply have no choice but to live within, because that's how h.sap.sap. evolved.