Responsible Gaming

Here you will find the queries of our honored Ville residents and the helpful responses.
!B a T m A n!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by !B a T m A n! » Tue May 11, 2010 9:58 pm

yay gizanked!!! we are proud of you!!! :D

Cambietto
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Re: Responsible Gaming

Post by Cambietto » Thu May 20, 2010 12:26 am

That reminds me: I seriously need to cut my TF2 hours. I haven’t gotten any new items lately, my grades are getting lousy, and I haven’t gotten any new items lately.

P.S. Glad I never played WOW. TF2 addiction’s already bad as is.

Fraulein Arztin
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fraulein Arztin » Fri May 28, 2010 6:22 am

film_resistor wrote:That reminds me: I seriously need to cut my TF2 hours. I haven’t gotten any new items lately, my grades are getting lousy, and I haven’t gotten any new items lately.

P.S. Glad I never played WOW. TF2 addiction’s already bad as is.
I know you can resist the urge to play TF2. Just find that motivation for school. Back when I started playing TF2, I was a medic and I liked to uber people. I like TF2 if there are cooperating people though.... otherwise people think I'm a bossy person. I don't dwell much on the times that I play tf2 because I know it'll ruin me and my school life. Just focus on school is all. I'm trying to right now.. I have finals coming up next week. We have an exemption system for finals... but I think I'm only exempt from 2 tests. German, I chose to take.

Rits
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rits » Fri May 28, 2010 8:26 am

I've been getting back into running again. What works for me is to not allow myself to play games until after I run, take care of my dogs, and make dinner. By the time I do all of that, it is 9pm and I get juuust enough time in before it's time for bed.

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Sat May 29, 2010 7:09 pm

So is this the WoW Anonymous thread or something?

Played wow since the day it was released. Quit last October. Account went inactive in February. Never miss it. It helps that, imho, Blizzard ruined the game.

I think by the end, my mage had almost 2/3 of a year played. My account total had over 1 year played. Yes. 1/5 of my life for the past 5 years was spent in WoW. Granted, I would say a good 50% of that was just using it as a glorified chat room where I could go square hopping in Ironforge.

NeoDaze
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by NeoDaze » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Well... This is probably the best topic i have seen on a gaming forum, nice work.

Flaming Cheese Wheel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flaming Cheese Wheel » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:09 pm

I've probably played somewhere north of 2700 hours of TF2. When Steam started counting I'd already tallied around 1000.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:38 pm

I was beginning to get addicted to Minecraft!
Dying and losing all my stuff was the best thing to happen to me
:D

Now I'm never on.
I went on Stevo's server yesterday and walked and walked and walked.
But that's it!

NeoDaze
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by NeoDaze » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:40 pm

well look it like this, all with moderation is good xD.

Nezer
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Nezer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:12 am

I've played 995 hrs of TF2 since I purchased it back in dec 09. Thats an avg of 2.5 hrs a day. Good thing I dont play any other games, or watch TV.

Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Katotsu » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:40 pm

Its a good thing I stumbled upon this when I did. I know I have a gaming addiction, my lifestyle only feeds it. I know the biggest reason I let myself slip into this is my huge social akwardness and loner tendency, and I doubt I'll ever really get over this. For now, I need to remember to get out and see people, and run. Running is so enjoyable. I miss my runner's highs :lol:

LadeeeDuke
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by LadeeeDuke » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:12 am

Katotsu wrote:Its a good thing I stumbled upon this when I did. I know I have a gaming addiction, my lifestyle only feeds it. I know the biggest reason I let myself slip into this is my huge social akwardness and loner tendency, and I doubt I'll ever really get over this. For now, I need to remember to get out and see people, and run. Running is so enjoyable. I miss my runner's highs :lol:

I think you would find that quite a few gamers fall into this category at some point in their gaming life. I never was one to get addicted to much. In fact, at one point, I was anti-technology and hated it. (I blame Duke for getting me past that! LOL!) But anyhow, I went through a rough patch in my life and found it easier to cope with my gaming friends than my own life. I am glad that I have been able to snap out of it, though. However, having lived through that, I have a lot more understanding and sympathy for others who are "addicted" to something. I don't think the addiction is to the game, more to the companionship and feeling like something in your life is within your control. It's a place to "check out". Having said thus, gaming is more my time to relax before I go to bed or as a reward for finishing something. I don't watch t.v. hardly at all. I too hate it!

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re:

Post by Gizanked » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:17 am

Gizanked wrote:i just yesterday cancelled my WOW account. how long it'll last i dunno. But for now there isn't an option to play it

[relapse] got my paladin up to 85 with the new expansion and I'm leveling my priest now. [/relapse]
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:23 am

Is this like a video gamers anonymous thread?

If so, here's my breakdown.
1237 hours of TF2, with 250 as Demo, though i've seen worse (I know someone with over 1500), that's not going to change soon, that didn't even change when I enlisted in the Navy, and now that i'm no longer there, well...

6 years of subscription to Final Fantasy 11, with somewhere in the neighborhood of 165 days (165 x 24 = 3960 hours!) of playtime on a single character. While I don't play it to the extent I used to, I still maintain my character, as I feel like all that progress would go to waste if I just stopped, Blue Mage especially (prior to the level cap increase to 80, I had all but 7 spells avalible to a blue mage)

about 6 years of subscription to City of Heroes/Villains, though I have no idea how much play time I have on any character. Despite this, I was never "super serious" and in the time i've played i've only gotten 3 characters to the game's level cap, and only one involved in endgame content, or what little there is to be had there.

I played World of Warcraft for a little more than a year, I stopped playing about a month before Cataclysm after I realized just how much WoW players suck (in a social sense, it's almost like you're treated as a minority when you're a death knight)

I have 132 games on steam, of which at least 40% of them have more than 2 hours of play times and i've played about 80% of the games I own (some games like Juiced 2 came in bundles that I bought for other games, i'll never touch it but I wanted the other games in the pack). In addition I have an extensive library of old school emulator roms to include a vast wealth of Atari, Turbographix, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, and Game Boy titles.

I remember where it started, there was this one day I sat in my bedroom, I think I was 10 (1998-99), I played Tetris Attack on the SNES for close to 5 hours at once, and instantly got good at the game during that session. I never made it to that crazy good stage where you can max out the score in 4 minutes or less (youtube it, those guys are crazy), but i've pretty much always been better than my brothers, who were jealous of my instant success in that game and STILL are.

I've always had a gaming problem, I have far more friends on Steam than I ever will in real life (not saying that you guys aren't awesome, I just don't know who any of you really are). My gaming addiction has left me in a socialy akward position, which is going to make it difficult to find a job since I don't like talking to people up front.

But, in some respects, I wouldn't want it any other way. Too many people don't seem to care, the only people who don't like it or want me to change seem to be my parents. My girlfriend doesn't even care, and she's more of a reader than a gamer.

Ya know, I think i've said too much, here's to breaking the addiction, eventually. I think i'll truely break it when I can't move my hands anymore.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:34 am

Zork Nemesis wrote:Is this like a video gamers anonymous thread?

If so, here's my breakdown.
1237 hours of TF2, with 250 as Demo, though i've seen worse (I know someone with over 1500), that's not going to change soon, that didn't even change when I enlisted in the Navy, and now that i'm no longer there, well...

6 years of subscription to Final Fantasy 11, with somewhere in the neighborhood of 165 days (165 x 24 = 3960 hours!) of playtime on a single character. While I don't play it to the extent I used to, I still maintain my character, as I feel like all that progress would go to waste if I just stopped, Blue Mage especially (prior to the level cap increase to 80, I had all but 7 spells avalible to a blue mage)

about 6 years of subscription to City of Heroes/Villains, though I have no idea how much play time I have on any character. Despite this, I was never "super serious" and in the time i've played i've only gotten 3 characters to the game's level cap, and only one involved in endgame content, or what little there is to be had there.

I played World of Warcraft for a little more than a year, I stopped playing about a month before Cataclysm after I realized just how much WoW players suck (in a social sense, it's almost like you're treated as a minority when you're a death knight)

I have 132 games on steam, of which at least 40% of them have more than 2 hours of play times and i've played about 80% of the games I own (some games like Juiced 2 came in bundles that I bought for other games, i'll never touch it but I wanted the other games in the pack). In addition I have an extensive library of old school emulator roms to include a vast wealth of Atari, Turbographix, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, and Game Boy titles.

I remember where it started, there was this one day I sat in my bedroom, I think I was 10 (1998-99), I played Tetris Attack on the SNES for close to 5 hours at once, and instantly got good at the game during that session. I never made it to that crazy good stage where you can max out the score in 4 minutes or less (youtube it, those guys are crazy), but i've pretty much always been better than my brothers, who were jealous of my instant success in that game and STILL are.

I've always had a gaming problem, I have far more friends on Steam than I ever will in real life (not saying that you guys aren't awesome, I just don't know who any of you really are). My gaming addiction has left me in a socialy akward position, which is going to make it difficult to find a job since I don't like talking to people up front.

But, in some respects, I wouldn't want it any other way. Too many people don't seem to care, the only people who don't like it or want me to change seem to be my parents. My girlfriend doesn't even care, and she's more of a reader than a gamer.

Ya know, I think i've said too much, here's to breaking the addiction, eventually. I think i'll truely break it when I can't move my hands anymore.
Ive done it all but MMOs and I wouldn't trade my gaming habit for the world. Rock on Zork.

"A shooting star doesn't have a past. It burns like a flame and then is gone before your eyes. That's my kind of life."