Would TheVille every be into this? (BadCompany2)

Here you will find the queries of our honored Ville residents and the helpful responses.
BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Would TheVille every be into this? (BadCompany2)

Post by BigBiker05 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:52 am

I know lots of us played Bad Company 2 together, and I know TheVille is always looking into new servers. However, would TheVille ever look into something like this?
http://www.mordorhq.com/content.php?9-F ... -Mod-Tools

Basically what it is: When Battlefield 3 came out EA took down the Bad Company 2 multiplayer. This gaming community reversed engineered Bad Company 2 and created multiplayer servers. These servers now have tons of admin controls and such that BC2 never had (tweak maps, adjust weapons, vehicles, physics).

Why I question if TV will ever have one of these is because the term 'reverse engineer' leads me to questin the legality. I'm pretty sure this isn't completely legal, but otherwise it is everything TV looks for in a server. So yeah, I was just wondering if Stevo or someone wanted to take a look at that page.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Would TheVille every be into this? (BadCompany2)

Post by Dog » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:11 am

If it isn't legal, then we can't use it and call it a Ville server.
If EA were to release the MP software, then it would be worth looking at...

However, I have to say, I enjoyed BF2:BC2 better than BF3.
The unlocks for BF3 became a PITA and unless one was playing BF3 all the time, then one became hopelessly under-gunned....

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:18 am

Dog wrote:However, I have to say, I enjoyed BF2:BC2 better than BF3.
The unlocks for BF3 became a PITA and unless one was playing BF3 all the time, then one became hopelessly under-gunned....
Totally agree, I had way more fun with BC2. I honestly had to convince myself to play BF3 after it came out.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:43 am

I can't even remember now...did we have a BF:BC2 server back when it was new? I know I remember the BF3 server sitting empty even during it's prime when it was new. So, even if this stuff was legal, would the server have a big enough crowd to fill it?

I'll agree with Dog in that I didn't like how BF3 had the unlock system in place. I miss the days of when you could play a game and not feel like you had to get X number of XP to get the next unlock.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:58 am

MasterChef wrote:I can't even remember now...did we have a BF:BC2 server back when it was new? I know I remember the BF3 server sitting empty even during it's prime when it was new. So, even if this stuff was legal, would the server have a big enough crowd to fill it?

I'll agree with Dog in that I didn't like how BF3 had the unlock system in place. I miss the days of when you could play a game and not feel like you had to get X number of XP to get the next unlock.
I believe we did briefly have an BC2 server and it was a pain to admin.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:31 pm

I don't know much about this, but I assume since the server files were gathered from a leak and the rest was reverse engineered, that it IS illegal. But I was wondering if someone who knows about this stuff could look into it.