Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Bloody Good Time!

Post by Masakari » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:14 am

So, looks like we now had solid confirmation of a spiritual sequel to The Ship in the form of an Ubisoft/Outerlight partnership. The new game? Bloody Good Time, and it looks fairly interesting.

It's certainly looking a little more cartoon and exaggerated (Getting to the point of TF2-like graphics), but I do like the graphics style. That said, it looks like there are going to be some serious gameplay changes - they're saying a maximum of eight players per server, which would make it more like the World Leaders game mode we have right now in The Ship (A limitation of the number of custom models), and I'm thinking that they're going to tweak the security/witness setup to make it more friendly to the average player, much to my dismay. That said, I know I'll be purchasing it day one for....obvious reasons. :)

The trailer is on Steam. Doesn't show gameplay, but is absolutely hilarious to watch. Link.

(I'm kind of sad I didn't notice this when the details all emerged....a month ago.)
I am the 1%!

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Bloody Good Time!

Post by Masakari » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:32 pm

Just discovered some more details on it, and found some good things and bad things about it thanks to the game being listed in Ubisoft's store:

Looks like it's priced at only $5. If the game is even remotely good, that'll be good incentive to get people to buy it. Multiplayer is apparently actually capped at 16 and not eight (Guessing they'd allow two of each model then), and it looks like there are only three maps on launch. Hopes are still high, but cautious as well:
Key Features

• Be a deceitful person! Flush your enemies in the toilet, crash their heads on their plates when they eat, do whatever it takes to kill other competitors in nasty and unexpected ways!
• Use a full arsenal of wacky weapons including guns, a baseball bat, a frying pan, and even an exploding remote controlled rat to transform the movie set into real mayhem!
• Clash with up to 16 players online in a wacky first-person shooter multiplayer experience like no other.
• Choose from a variety of stereotypical B movie characters including the bikini beach babe, the stoner, the creepy clown, and the super jock.
• From “Spring Break Beach” to “The Horror House” to the “Vegas Hotel”, discover what’s behind the Hollywood set in these unique multiplayer maps.
• Developed by Outerlight, best known for their work on The Ship and the Half-Life mod of the Ship. This Scottish-based developer brings a great combination of humor and quality game play to Bloody Good Time.
• Running on the Valve’s Source Engine, Bloody Good Time comes from the same pedigree of classic online multiplayer shooters such as Half-Life, Team Fortress, and Counter-Strike.
I am the 1%!

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:50 pm

Don't worry, Kari, I'll pick it up sometime this weekend.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:48 pm

Um...are there server files anywhere?
We could set up a server if it was possible.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:41 pm

The game indeed lives up to it's name. It's only five bucks and all the fun of the Ship without all the overly complicated things. You have only three needs (food, sleep, toilet) and all weapons are clearly and easily findable, no more rummaging through boxes for the elusive high-value weapon.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:50 pm

Words cannot describe the hilarity in this game. Remote control rats for killing people, gluing people to the floor, and lullaby sheep are only just a few things in this game that simply cause you to burst out laughing. It's easily worth the five dollars, and no one here has an excuse not to get it!
I am the 1%!

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:02 pm

I bought it because I'm on a less than $5 games binge or something. Not really sure what I'm doing, but I did get shot by a clown.

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:19 pm

So I watched the videos for it, but I am a bit confused. Are you supposed to be subtle about things like in the Ship, or is it basically find a weapon and go to town on people? Whats the typical play like?

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:23 pm

Find the good weapons, keep an eye on your needs, stay out of view of security, find your quarry and let them have it.

There you go.

I like how the weapons have their star rating in clear sight so you know which ones to go for.

gator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by gator » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:09 pm

Cpt. Winky wrote:So I watched the videos for it, but I am a bit confused. Are you supposed to be subtle about things like in the Ship, or is it basically find a weapon and go to town on people? Whats the typical play like?
Kind of in between. You don't have to be as subtle, because you don't go to jail anymore, you just get shocked by the guard and lose whatever weapon you have out when caught.

It's fairly similar style to the ship, but the game play is a bit faster since there are fewer needs to handle, and less need to be subtle about killing your quarry.

dredfox
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by dredfox » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:32 am

Sounds good, I might give this a shot.

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:32 pm

I'm a little disappointed free-for-all is in this game because it just doesn't work. It really isn't fun.
Hunt, however, is alright. It's too bad that it's like, "Kill one person, get killed, spend the whole round doing nothing."

They have a few other game modes like the Hunt the Leader, or the statue thing, but those as well, are just a mosh pit. Not a lot of fun in those game modes either, but for $4.49, Hunt will be enough. I also haven't played with Villuns yet, so I'm hoping that will make the whole experience a lot more fun too.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:19 am

I've never played The Ship, but after reading what you guys said about this, I decided to pick up BGT and this game is a blast. It adds an interesting element of strategy to a game of senseless violence, one which I believe works very well. Would love to see if we could get a server for this game going, i'd frequent it for a while.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

CastleDoctrine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by CastleDoctrine » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:05 pm

I need to learn how to play this time before Gator gets the upper hand and griefs me out of the game like with The Ship. :P

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:52 pm

I bought it earlier this week but have not checked it out yet, perhaps tonight I will check it out and see if I can make heads or tails of it.