Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Supporting TF2maps.net's Contest

Post by Masakari » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:30 am

Now that the TF2maps.net contest is coming to a close, I'm wondering if there's something we can do to help these guys out and show them some support since I'm sure there are going to be a lot of amazing maps coming out of this. I know there'd be a lot of people here that would be interested to try these maps out, and i think we should do something to help them out.

My three ideas are this:

1. Do a "Fun Night" where we load up a good chunk onto TVX and have villians try them out (Locking it would be optional)
Pros: Unified night should show fairly strong attendance.
Cons: Doubt all maps would get tested in time. TVC creates timing conflicts with practises and what-not.

2. Throw maps casually onto TV2 and vote them in when servers are full.
Pros: We choose from the best looking ones and do it at our convenience.
Cons: Sporatic - people may miss out. Wouldn't be able to test *that* many maps I'm sure.

3. Turn TVXIV into a showcase for the maps for a month or so.
Pros: People could play when they want, all maps could be tested gradually; could probably bring some TF2maps people our way.
Cons: Would need to stay fairly up to date with all the maps' updates; would need to

I think TV14 would be a good option, considering KOTH never took off around here. If we use it for a showcase of their maps and notify them, we can increase traffic to that server and get on their good side (I think most people there already know and generally like us, but it never hurts to extend out to them when we can) As well, we don't have to make it a permanent thing - only for a month or so (They're suggest 10/15-11/15 - test the final betas/RCs and then after the 30th do all the completed maps)

Again, just throwing this out here. Contests like this are gold when it comes to customs, so I just want to try and use their contest for our benefit. :D
I am the 1%!