One_Medic_Army
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: TV2 Custom Maps

Post by One_Medic_Army » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:18 pm

I think the reason pl_waste got put on was the complete lack of any pl maps on the server, since nobody liked the ones on there after nightfall got made official.

If we must leave desert fortress on, can we please reduce the map time on it? Check the server logs and see at what time it starts dumping people, then have it end there.

Also if we mix the rotation a little it might be nice, having two un-winnable maps in a row (pl_waste, desert fortress) followed by a game mode only regulars here are familiar with on an unintuitive and complicated map (haarp) is not a good progression if we're trying to get non-regulars playing.
ImageImage
VIEW CONTENT:

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Desert Fortress is far from unwinnable, I've seen it won many times. Like every game of TF2, it just requires teamwork :)
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:26 pm

Plinko wrote:I have always said that cp_waste is pretty awesome, pl_waste is a nice idea that just does not work.
The arena version is the best.

:roll:

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:43 pm

My experience with pl_waste on TV2 has actually been that one team or the other won at least one round most of the time. I personally really like it and would be very disappointed if it were removed or replaced with the cp version...we have enough cp maps already. Despite yesterday's game of pl_waste being not so great, I do think that map has done very much above average at holding and attracting players.

Before we say that pl_waste stalemates too much, have a look at coldfront on TV1. I think it stalemates much more, in fact, than pl_waste.

Did ANY of the maps go well yesterday? Certainly not any maps since I joined.

As for desertFortress...anyone good at hacking maps want to put a better barrier up so it's harder to snipe to point B?

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:29 pm

Desert fortress's problem is that the spawn is located right beside the final point. The map creator tried to compensate this by increasing spawn timers if the other team has both point but long spawn times aren't exactly popular here so we have stalemates. Also it has always had that problem of being a sniper's paradise, even I can snipe well on that map and I'm a terrible sniper.

I also think cp_waste is better then pl_waste.

Also, where are the good new maps? I haven't seen a hot new map on this server for a year, isn't the point of a custom server to try new maps because your tired of the old ones?

Flaming Cheese Wheel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flaming Cheese Wheel » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:21 am

black_and_blue wrote:As for desertFortress...anyone good at hacking maps want to put a better barrier up so it's harder to snipe to point B?
In the past, I used EntEd to stick barrels into maps on the serverside copy, so clients wouldn't have to download a different version. This is also how cp_badlands was crudely patched to remove the teleporter exploit way back when (and create the legendary Barrels of Death). If someone was inclined, they could easily stuff some random items into DF's sniper lanes, it would just look incredibly kludgy.

Since I was on for so long 8/13, I actually got to see DF and Haarp twice. The first time it was with about six random unknown people, the second was after we'd managed to rope in some Villuns.

Haarp is fun with people who know what they're doing. If you're the only one on the offensive team who knows what to do, though, it's horrible.

It didn't really matter who was playing Desert Fortress. I simply have a lot of apathy toward the map. You get used to the sniping.

Unfortunately a lot of the more interesting map concepts are nonstandard enough that random folks will probably bail quickly.

Emily Brontësaurus
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Emily Brontësaurus » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:47 pm

Since we were playing Winter maps tonight, I thought I'd suggest this fun little one that I've played. It's a jumpin and snipin winter wonderland:
http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=19960
Emily Brontësaurus | Jane Austentatious | [Hell] Eclipse

she was sinister but she was happy / and you can't say that of everybody, can you?

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:01 pm

cloudbank wrote:Since we were playing Winter maps tonight, I thought I'd suggest this fun little one that I've played. It's a jumpin and snipin winter wonderland:
Can we get this map uploaded to TV2 and the event server?

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:50 pm

black_and_blue wrote:
cloudbank wrote:Since we were playing Winter maps tonight, I thought I'd suggest this fun little one that I've played. It's a jumpin and snipin winter wonderland:
Can we get this map uploaded to TV2 and the event server?
If someone can find a place to get it, I can add it...

Emily Brontësaurus
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Emily Brontësaurus » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:20 pm

For reasons unclear to me, I posted a link to a map that is not the map I was talking about or meant to post. This is the one I wanted to suggest, Winter Ridge:
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/116704

Thanks!
Emily Brontësaurus | Jane Austentatious | [Hell] Eclipse

she was sinister but she was happy / and you can't say that of everybody, can you?

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:59 pm

cloudbank wrote:For reasons unclear to me, I posted a link to a map that is not the map I was talking about or meant to post. This is the one I wanted to suggest, Winter Ridge:
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/116704

Thanks!
Added