Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

New Maps to Look At (August 21)

Post by Masakari » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:55 pm

I imagine we're going to be having a lot of map discussions here, so we might as well get down to business.

I chose to peruse TF2maps.net (Because FPSBanana is such a site filled with crap), and here are some interesting ones I saw:

**Special note: I'm intentionally not looking for arena or KotH maps. As well, only going with maps at least in beta form**

ctf_system (b1) - a map where the intel is on a moving cart. Spytech with canyon, it's intended to make sentry camping relatively useless. Still some displacement and other minor problems in the current build.

pl_river_crossing (rc2) - single stage payload map. There are aparently rivers in the map too that players must cross as they push the bomb along. Map seems to be pretty much done.

tc_meridian (rc2) - Basically the only territorial control custom out there. He released a new version not too long ago that seems to be good - might be worth a shot again.

cp_glacier (rc1) - Think it's already on there.....it's a 3CP Gravelpit style map.

pl_zip (z2=beta 2) - Another badwater style payload 9At least by the sounds of it...they never really say). Fair amount of custom textures in it, and it looks very pretty.

ctf_operative (b1) - This map just looks attractive. This guy has a good sense of style and amazing talent with entities.

I'm sure we can try at least a few of these out at the next Circus night. Any thoughts on this list?
I am the 1%!

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:05 pm

Those look good except for Meridian. Most people don't seem to enjoy that map. Glacier is already on there as well.

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:38 pm

Added to TV10:
ctf_operative_b1
ctf_system_b1