Maps

Download for free: http://store.steampowered.com/app/17510/
Tarrock
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tarrock » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:29 am

We'll see, doubt there's any place to see how often, and long certain AOC maps are played. Think it'd be more of a map that every server owner would just rather ban than have empting their servers.
The objectives are completely different than something like the mountain assult. 'Push ram' all right, we just spawned and there's the ram. 'Push the ram some more' All right new spawns right next to the ram!

But the monastery map, the only easy objective was the first one where both teams spawned right next to that wooden barracade. Then blue got thrown into the monastery who the hell knows where on the 2nd floor. 'Defend the Cross' Where's the cross? 2 minutes later 'Prevent the cross from being taken to the crypt!' Where's the cross and the crypt? Nothing on the minimap....'The crypt is open, defend the crown!' Where's the crypt and crown at now?

No one on blue knew where to go and I highly doubted it was anywhere near the spawn on the 2nd floor. I helped kill the crown guy once and I didn't know where he came from or was going. Dunno how well the objectives worked for red, but it was awful for blue(hence why everyone on blue left afterward).
Not to mention that the map is just littered with useless rooms and passages that either team can easily get lost in. Plus a guy decided to go afk for a minute in front of the ladder window, so no one could get off the 2nd floor.

Really see this being removed if not now, than in the future. Think it'll get removed from other servers so no one can really learn it, and with 1 team not knowing where to go or do, the other team can win it quickly so the map gets changed, and nobody really learns the map's layout.
[img]http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s335/TopHatDesign/demoteam3Tarrock.png[/img]

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:32 am

I personally would like to see aoc_battlegrounds(?) gone (The one where you build a bridge and then push two carts to a gate. A lot of time, the attacking team gets spawncamped on the first objective, and then it turns into projectile heaven, which gets to be a pain after a while.
I am the 1%!

Cephas
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cephas » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:35 pm

For the love of all that is Holy and Unholy, banish Firecrag.
Yay, target! Here to pad your stats!
VIEW CONTENT:
Also, house Medic for Fanciful Unicorns, Ocho Cup 2011 champions! (and my wife went into labor 6 hours after the final!)