Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Hockeytown !!!!!

Post by Cujo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:31 pm

CHAMPS !!!!!!
:D :D :D then :cry: :cry: :cry: <-- happy tears
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/Cujo_/userbar359213av7.gif[/img]

[i]Proud member of the[b][size=150][/i][color=red]=U[/color][color=white]S-[/color][color=red]V= [/color][/b] [/size]

nesknowitall
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: Hockeytown !!!!!

Post by nesknowitall » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:45 pm

I am sooooooooo happy! My hometown takes the cup!!!!

I remember when Detroit was unstopable! Glad to see the cup back in their hands!
[size=200][color=green] [b]These things we do, that others may live.[/b][/color][/size]

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:56 pm

Yay...a Newfie won the Cup!

Cujo
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cujo » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:51 am

[quote="StrontiumDog";p="98321"]Yay...a Newfie won the Cup![/quote]
Yes Mr.Cleary is bringing the cup to where it's never been ... ;)

[i]Proud member of the[b][size=150][/i][color=red]=U[/color][color=white]S-[/color][color=red]V= [/color][/b] [/size]

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:12 am

BOOOO!!!! ya know... it still stands, im a die hard Avs fan and yet i know more Red Wings fans....but the Pens are still 3 on my list, always will be :)

Ya know, all I can say is, I've never seen a team play defense like Detroit.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

D.B.Cooper
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by D.B.Cooper » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:40 am

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS NOW I needs my champ t-shirt and hat.

Cujo
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cujo » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:35 pm

[quote="D.B.Cooper";p="98409"]YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS NOW I needs my champ t-shirt and hat.[/quote]
I ordered mine last night, got an e-mail today..Back-ordered LMAO..I can wait ;)

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:20 pm

meh, rooting for the wings is like being a yankees fan or a recent patriots fan. Pens can do it next year i guess.
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:20 pm

not so much.... granted the Wings have averaged 107 points per season the last 10 seasons...I will still never root for the Wings :)

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Cujo
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cujo » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:51 pm

[quote="Gizanked";p="98478"]meh, rooting for the wings is like being a yankees fan or a recent patriots fan. Pens can do it next year i guess.[/quote]
Ohh yeah ..lets see.. We "DRAFT" not TRADE or BUY our players (low rounders I might add)... NHL has a cap..even playing field.. love to see what the Yanks would look like with a cap..
The Wings are a class act org .. anyone who knows anything about hockey will tell you.. players will take less money, to stay, and put on the Winged Wheel..
I'm sorry, but I rem the days they called us the "dead things" a door mat to the NHL... Then Stevie Y came and now they call it Hockeytown... (and if you can find anything bad to say about Yzerman you really don't know jack about hockey)

The Sexy Canadian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by The Sexy Canadian » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:57 pm

YES..... WOOT WINGS WOOT!!!!
its been a long time since the last cup
glad to see it in our hands again
i think the last time we got it was when we still had Yezerman..
*sniff* *sniff*
stevie
well anyways finally a euro Capitan won the cup!
[img]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/HockeyJunkie1390/Untitled-2copy.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/tvc07.png[/img]

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:13 pm

i'm not saying they aren't a nice organization or anything... i mean if you are local then i'm definately all for it. and yes steve yzerman was amazing. And i will say that this was a very nice thing for Lidstrom to be able to get this cup. But rooting for a team that always wins... blegh
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:55 pm

[quote="Gizanked";p="98567"]i'm not saying they aren't a nice organization or anything... i mean if you are local then i'm definately all for it. and yes steve yzerman was amazing. And i will say that this was a very nice thing for Lidstrom to be able to get this cup. But rooting for a team that always wins... blegh[/quote]

Rooting for teams that always win means you dont know much about the game and are a borderline fans... there are much less borderline fans in hockey than there are in football and baseball and even basketball... its more of a fine line sorta thing, you either dont like hockey very much but since you like other sports and hockey is one of em and you never picked a side, just the team with your favorite colors, or you have been raised a hockey fan to like hockey as much as us die hard fans :) You dont find people in hockey that only follow the playoffs, like baseball and football.

and yes, the Wings are by far the best drafting organization in all of professional sports, you see how few trades they make, if at all. most every Wings player was drafted a Red Wing. its more like 90% or more unlike many other orgs that are 30%-50% at best.
Last edited by MrBlah on Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:55 pm

[quote="Gizanked";p="98478"]meh, rooting for the wings is like being a yankees fan or a recent patriots fan. Pens can do it next year i guess.[/quote]

I've been a wings fan all my life. Of course I was born in Michigan, so, um... yeah. :oops:
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:58 pm

[quote="Clay Pigeon";p="98574"]

I've been a wings fan all my life. Of course I was born in Michigan, so, um... yeah. :oops:
[/quote]

Cursed Red Wings fan!!!

Funny thing about that though, my dad is a Wings fan and he had me playing hockey as early as 5, bad circumstances made me quit after a few year, but, i never became a red wings fan. My brother and sister did however :P :)

― Neil deGrasse Tyson