In-Game Names / Screen name

If your post doesn't fit any other boards subject, then post it here
kate78
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

In-Game Names / Screen name

Post by kate78 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:31 am

I remember something like this was on the old forum, and I really enjoyed reading about it....

So, [you], why/how did you pick your particular In-Game name or screen name (whatever you like to call it) ??
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z80/Gen-Ben/KateSigSmall.gif[/img]
[color=#00BFFF]P[/color][color=#08B5FB]l[/color][color=#0FABF8]a[/color][color=#17A1F4]y[/color][color=#1F97F1]e[/color][color=#268CED]r[/color] [color=#3678E6]o[/color][color=#3D6EE3]f[/color] [color=#6173CA]t[/color][color=#767ABB]h[/color][color=#8B81AC]e[/color] [color=#B58F8E]M[/color][color=#CA967E]o[/color][color=#DF9D6F]n[/color][color=#F4A460]t[/color][color=#F59155]h[/color] [color=#F86A3E]-[/color] [color=#FA4428]J[/color][color=#FC301C]a[/color][color=#FD1D11]n[/color][color=#FE0A06]u[/color][color=#F30C03]a[/color][color=#DB2409]r[/color][color=#C33C0F]y[/color] [color=#7A8520]2[/color][color=#629D26]0[/color][color=#4AB52C]0[/color][color=#32CD32]7[/color]
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/kate.gif[/img]

kate78
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: In-Game Names / Screen name

Post by kate78 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:33 am

I'll be the first to post, since I started it :-)

I'm a big LOST fan, and Kate is my favorite girl character. She seems strong on the outside, but she's still just a girl on the inside...I'll just leave it at that :-)
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z80/Gen-Ben/KateSigSmall.gif[/img]
[color=#00BFFF]P[/color][color=#08B5FB]l[/color][color=#0FABF8]a[/color][color=#17A1F4]y[/color][color=#1F97F1]e[/color][color=#268CED]r[/color] [color=#3678E6]o[/color][color=#3D6EE3]f[/color] [color=#6173CA]t[/color][color=#767ABB]h[/color][color=#8B81AC]e[/color] [color=#B58F8E]M[/color][color=#CA967E]o[/color][color=#DF9D6F]n[/color][color=#F4A460]t[/color][color=#F59155]h[/color] [color=#F86A3E]-[/color] [color=#FA4428]J[/color][color=#FC301C]a[/color][color=#FD1D11]n[/color][color=#FE0A06]u[/color][color=#F30C03]a[/color][color=#DB2409]r[/color][color=#C33C0F]y[/color] [color=#7A8520]2[/color][color=#629D26]0[/color][color=#4AB52C]0[/color][color=#32CD32]7[/color]
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/kate.gif[/img]

Sargee
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Sargee » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:21 am

ok ok i c how to play with this haha
i guess i picked sargee, well wait first i started off with sarge then so many imposters came on the sever so i added an e at the end. ok so forth i picked sarge bc well it just has a ring to it and bc of red vs blue lol. :lol:

mujo
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by mujo » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:33 am

Well, back when I lived at home, I shared a computer with my brother (who happened to also own it :(). He had always gone by the alias: mojo, or badmojo, or mojomonkey. He got sick of me using his name online and doing poorly, so he forced me to produce my own alias. Hence, mUj0!!! lol. Mojo is my bro! :lol: Its not too creative, except for the fact that hardly anyone uses the same name.

It actually means something too, I just forget what. Now I have to look it up.

ah..here it is: from Wikipedia:

Impermanence (Sanskrit: अिनत्य anitya; Pāli: अिनच्च anicca; Tibetan: mi rtag pa; Chinese: 無常 wúcháng; Japanese: 無常 mujō) is one of the essential doctrines or three marks of Buddhism. The term expresses the Buddhist notion that everything, without exception, is constantly in flux, even planets, stars and gods. Human life embodies this flux in the ageing process, the cycle of birth and rebirth (samsara), and in any experience of loss. Because things are impermanent, attachment to them is futile, and leads to suffering. The only true end of impermanence is nirvana, the one reality that knows no change, decay or death. In the Mahayana Mahaparinirvana Sutra, all compounded and constructed things and states are said to be impermanent - but to say the same of nirvana and the Buddha (who is the personalisation of nirvana) is to commit a gross error in understanding and to fall into a harmful misperception of truth (as discussed in the Mahaparinirvana Sutra).

Impermanence is intimately associated with the doctrine of anatta, according to which things have no fixed nature, essence, or self.
Adversities do not make a person weak, they reveal what strength he has. -Kierkegaard

[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/l3eeon/mujosig.jpg[/img]

Bull
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Bull » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:48 am

[quote="kate78";p="7980"]
So, [you], why/how did you pick your particular In-Game name or screen name (whatever you like to call it) ??[/quote]

Game name comes from Band of Brothers actor, Denver "Bull" Randleman, (Michael Cudlitz)
who I would consider a 'younger" me, with a bit of sarcastic charm :wink:
[img]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o255/GoldWing97SE/mini-gun8b.gif[/img]
A LOTTA shots, a LOTTA kills
Rules of Engagement: 1. Protect Sgt Bull at all costs. 2. See rule #1

Founding Member, PETA (People who Eat Tasty Animals)

shuya
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by shuya » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:29 am

mines from a movie called battle royale .its asian, google it !
[img]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q195/Divius/DaftPunkSig.jpg[/img]

Rohan
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rohan » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:55 am

[quote="kate78";p="7980"]I remember something like this was on the old forum, and I really enjoyed reading about it....

So, [you], why/how did you pick your particular In-Game name or screen name (whatever you like to call it) ??[/quote]

:( y'd u pick me to go 1st? :)

well when i played Empire Earth like 6 yrs ago i used my initials and the the yr as my name...then i got board with it and at the time i was really interested in LOTR and i was really good at the bronze-middle ages in that game so i picked that name because i thought at the time Rohan was the coolest country in LOTR...now i'm board with it and i want to change...but if i change u will ban me because u won't know who i am and will assum i'm haxing :)

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:11 am

Hehe...Kate's using the BBCode [you] function so the person who's logged on will see their own name!

The trouble with names is that they become linked permanently with a player. So even if you were to change your name, Rohan, you'd still be called Rohan everywhere! You need to do it when you're new to the server!

Yellow Submarine will always be Joe Newk to me! And I still have a hard time calling Hoss Hoss - he's still New Shooter to me too!

Rohan is a cool name and it's part of you now!

Some people know me as Dog, others call me Stron, and to a dyslexic few, I'm ScrotumDog...
Last edited by Dog on Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:20 pm

[quote="StrontiumDog";p="7992"]and to a dyslexic few, I'm ScrotumDog...[/quote]

LOL HAHA ROFL!!!

My name comes from my real name Byron. All my buddies call me B-ron. When I got my first AIM Beeron was taken so I took l3eeron and its stuck ever since. Plus I like beer, so it's got a double meaning :roll: i guess, but that wasn't my original intent.

Frosty Jr calles me Thirteen-eeron lol!

TACOBELL
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by TACOBELL » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:29 pm

i used to be all american communist, then u changed my name to unknown solider then when hot sauce clan excepted me it became -=[[hOt sAuCe]]=-tAcO bElL fIrE

everyone started calling me taco and fiya

then i made alkis clan and renamed myself patron but only frosty said hey patron, so it went back to taco then i joined eva and taco it says
Eat all the tacos!

regis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by regis » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:35 pm

I used to go by Mr.Bojangles cause it was obscure, then I noticed someone using it so I changed to Dextromethorphan.
But that was way too long so when I co-founded the [Bad Dudes] I chaged it to Regis Philbin.
Then when I got picked up by =USV= I decided to shorten it dowm to just Regis.

Shishkababy
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Shishkababy » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:47 pm

Well my earliest Screen name was Shadow, but that was so unoriginal I had to change it. And at like 2 in the morning some summer about 5 years ago this dude was playing cs with me and he kept changing his name and i would imitate his name, and cleverly rip it off. He made his name ShankingCat, so i made mine stabbykitty, and that was my name for a while. Then when i was a freshman in high school, my band had broken up for a while. Then when we got back together we wanted to change our name so we changed it to Shishkababy Squad because my clever friend had came up with it(although we later found out the movie hocus pocus uses the term). I adopted the name of Shishkababy Rob in the band, and i just cut off the Rob part.
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o173/Shishkababy/IMG_0238-1-1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o173/Shishkababy/Daggermcjagger.jpg[/img]

LJ
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by LJ » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:10 pm

I'm very original. It's my name! Well, it's the initials of my name. Ever since I first got an email account (15 years ago) I signed my emails with LJ. So, that's what everyone started calling me.

Raptor
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Raptor » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:27 pm

Well for me ever since I have been young I was always fascinated by Velociraptors. They are a good size (around 6 feet tall), have powerful jaws, the large claw on the feet, can jump really high, hunt in packs, and most importantly to me, they showed intelligence and tactics when hunting. Thus, I chose the name Raptor about ten years ago and have been using it in absolutely every game I play. Even my laptop's name is Raptor and I just got a Xbox 360 and I named the Hard Drive on it Raptor :)
Fresh enemy corpses. YUMMY!! :twisted:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dodraptor/evaRaptorcopy-1.jpg[/img]
Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but make sure you are far far away from ME!!!

ROOFCUTTER
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by ROOFCUTTER » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:01 pm

hehe that "you" code is cool :)

ROOFCUTTER:

Someone who cuts roofs.

In all caps because when you just cut a whole rack of hip jacks and they are all two inches short...then someone is calling...ROOFCUTTER!

but that of course that was s00o many years ago :)
Why, I ask you