If your post doesn't fit any other boards subject, then post it here
Caveman
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: In-Game Names / Screen name

Post by Caveman » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:35 pm

Well when I was trying to think of a name my brother was talking about the Captain Caveman cartoon so I went with Cpt. Caveman for a very long time, but then changed it to just Caveman when I saw a couple others using Captain Caveman as a name.

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Nuckin » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:21 pm

[quote="kate78";p="7980"]I remember something like this was on the old forum, and I really enjoyed reading about it....

So, [you], why/how did you pick your particular In-Game name or screen name (whatever you like to call it) ??[/quote]

Hey sorry Kate I have been away for the holidays.. Well I got my name from back about a year and a half ago.. I was in a clan called -=[[hOt sAuCe]]=- and we all were types of hot sauce.. I was Nuckin Futs hot sauce. some others were taco bell fire sauce who is now <eVa>taco and many others. We changed to -aLkIs- and were type of beers and such, but then I got picked up by USV and decided everyone still knew me as Nuckin.. Actually Frosty was the one who got me to play at TV3.. We always played at 24/7 caen and TV5.. Frosty always saw us on and invited us to go to TV3 so I would blame Frosty for having to put up with me :D :lol:

Here is a pic of the hot sauce bottle..
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:15 pm

well v.o.c used to be volatile organic compound (off the side of a paint tin) but a friend of mine in an old tfc server changed it to vicious orange carrot and i liked it so it stuck, before that briefly i was cpt spauldin as i am a fan of house of a thousand corpses, but i didnt really like calling myself cpt when i was playing shootem ups as militry ranks are over used.....
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

ProudWhiteTrash
Villun
Villun

Post by ProudWhiteTrash » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:23 am

[quote="StrontiumDog";p="7992"]to a dyslexic few, I'm ScrotumDog...[/quote]
LMAO I must be lazy and dyslexic cause I always read your name as Scrot dog

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:43 am

welll lets see, it probably started, as bad as it sounds, at camp the summer of the freshamn year in high school, my friend started calling me j squared... for my initials "JJ" so i had that for about a year and a half maybe, keep in mind this is before i started playing DoD. I use that name Jsquared in the wonderful world of MMOs for maybe a year, then i kinda played around with a lot of names that were kidna korny and i dont remember them. Then a new server came out, woooo a new server i was so happy, so i then came up with the name blah, just blah, then oh look another new server (if u have played any MMO u might get it) thats when i changed it to MrBlah and i have kept that name ever since. i still have a infatuation with saying cookies though. 8) 8) cookies :)

BillieJean2.0
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by BillieJean2.0 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:47 am

Back in the day when was playing 1.3 I use to use the name MacLead from the show highlander, but when ever someone would say my name they would say it funny like mac.....lead very slowly I never figured out why so I went threw a few names, and I tried to think of something everyone would remember very easily but no one will use. I heard the song on the radio and it was a sign :lol: . "BillieJean is not my lover" and I do emphasize on the not. In the beginning it was very funny people would start singing the song over their mics when they saw my name :lol: , it hasn’t happened in a while though. Any way when the ville was handed over and changed sites I logged back in as BillieJean I can't really remember what happened I think I just forgot pass or something and plus source was never played, I figured it didn’t really matter. I popped in once in a while, but when I saw the villecup on source, I knew source would build up again so I upgraded my name to 2.0. I prob could have just emailed Simple but didn’t think of it at the time.

P.S. Rohan I still remember you I was McCloud, hey you should pop in EE AOC once and a while, supposedly everyone stopped playing EE2 and all came back to AOC.

FUSE
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by FUSE » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:28 pm

Well way back when I played CS, before I was introduced to DOD, my friends and I played together and I was MAFIA ACE lol. But once the owner of the CS server that I was a regular on shut down the server, I wanted to come up with a different name that could be easily remembered. I don't remember exactly how I came up with FUSE, but like most things in my life I like keeping things short and simple. So somehow I ended up with FUSE, all caps because I felt that it was more noticeable. Lately people have been calling me "FUSSY". Which is also a good name cuz I get kinda fussy when Raptor shoots my head off :( .

MISTER FUSSY -V$-

''But we can perhaps remember...that those who live with us are our brothers; that they share with us the same short moment of life.'' -RFK

kurosaki ichigo
Villun
Villun

Post by kurosaki ichigo » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:36 pm

well last feb when i started playing at TV I was playing under my old 1.6 CS clan name of BOC Wolfhound -=Merc=- but since the whole thing fell apart roughly i dropped the name. At the time i had just started watching a new Anime called Bleach which was only into its like 10th episode. The main character by the name of Kurosaki Ichigo is strong willed, die hard, and would do anything to save a friend. Hence I started callin myself Kurosaki Ichigo (meat shield) as it seemed like I took more than my fair share of nades for ppl including picking up enemy nades
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z80/Gen-Ben/itchy3.gif[/img]

WiseOldJames:)
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by WiseOldJames:) » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:52 pm

heh, I can't remember. Something from a B-horror movie i think when I was in highschool, so i started using it. That and my real name is James so that helps :P

papaweasy
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by papaweasy » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:46 pm

True story.

I was at my oldest sons house about 5 years ago, you may know him as [I&S] Ira hayes. He was playing DoD, I was sitting behind him watching him play with my granddaughter Jenna, who was 4 years old at the time and was sitting on my lap. I had never played DoD and had never owned a PC at that time. After watching him for a while I asked him to let me play. He was wearing people out and it looked easy and I thought that I would improve his score. I did NOT do well. After a lot of time and advice from Ira and Jenna I finally got out of the spawn but was instantly killed. I struggled many times getting out of the spawn so that I could find someone to shoot. Friendly fire was on and I managed to kill several teammates. Somehow I even managed to blow up myself with a nade in the spawn. After 17 deaths I managed to get out found a place to hide and shot a player in the back as he crept up to our 1st flag. Of course Ira and Jenna were laughting their head off. After my FIRST KILL Ira made me get off so that he could continue. I sat back down in my chair behind him wondering why it looked easy when he played. Jenna climbed back onto my lap with a sweet smile and said "papaw your easy"
[img]http://www.ctagsa.com/files/10-10182006101505.jpg[/img]

MoTown
Villun
Villun

Post by MoTown » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:02 pm

Back when I used to play cs and when I had just started playing dod my game name was ChestahCheese because all of my friends then called me Chestah and there was a gag played on me at a party my freshmen year of college involving cheetos. I quit playing dod for about a year maybe longer and when I came back to play I changed my name to MoTown. I got this name from a friend who is from orlando(which everyone here in florida calls otown) and since my name is Morlando he just added the M so everyone calls me motown or mo.
[img]http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5426/car1dt2.jpg[/img]

Preacherman
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Preacherman » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:32 pm

[quote="kate78";p="7980"]I remember something like this was on the old forum, and I really enjoyed reading about it....

So, [you], why/how did you pick your particular In-Game name or screen name (whatever you like to call it) ??[/quote]

sry Kate - didn't notice this thread till now - oops :(

anyhow - preacherman explained - My Dad :cry: was a Preacherman (Church of Ireland Anglcan Minister in Northern Ireland ) - so in good olde British school life I spend my time at school being called names - One that seemed to stick was Preacherman (got the usual bible thumper / psalm 23 etc) - To be honest I didn't mind that one at all so when I started anything online that is the handle I used.

I must say I hated school totally completely and absolutely - I'm not exactly a pushover (well not now anyhow) but never did I ever fight back - just didn't care enough.
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/preacherman666/manutd-1.jpg[/img]

Squirrel
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Squirrel » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:13 pm

The s in my name is a secret so I’m not telling :uhuh:

Rohan
Villun
Villun