ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by ShiftyDevil » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:53 pm

Hiya everyone.

I'm sure most of you have seen me around, those of you who haven't, I'm Shifty (the orignal :lol: )

I live on the East Side of Seattle but am originally from Chicago, but it was just too beautiful out here to live anywhere else.

I'm single and have no kids (hate the lil buggers!)

Um...let's see....Uh I like beer!

Actually I like beer a lot and since I just bought a house, and now have room for it, I'm going to start dabbling in home brewing!

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:45 pm

[quote="isyc";p="81530"]
I Stole Your Cabbage!

Or, ISYC for short. Been playing on DOD since a very long time ago, must be since its early days. I can actually claim credit for introducing it to VOC :lol:.
I think I first played on the ville way back when we were both noobs and although he stuck around, I drifted through other games such as CS/CS:S and xbox games while going through uni while occasionally landing on the ville for the odd night of gaming with voc. But as I'm coming up to finishing off my MSc I've found some spare time that needs filling with gaming so thought I'd wing back over to here and settle in.

As a little bit of bio, I'm from Stoke-on-Trent, England, aged 23 (just had to work it out again - not sure if thats cos I'm older than I think I am or because I rarely give my age anymore.) Really do love gaming, and can usually be found on my XBOX 360 under the alias English Oatcake (which is what I used to go under on DOD/CS/etc.) and always try to work as a team when I can and detest fowl mouthed (or fingered when a keyboard is the intermediary) players so am expecting to fit right in here :D
[/quote]

you can see the family obsession with Vegetables :) and no you did'nt introduce me to dod although you had played it before we both d/loaded it and had a mad hardcore allnighter on lan at my house. and we both sucked
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

Uncle Rico
New Villun
New Villun

Post by Uncle Rico » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I go by Uncle Rico on TF2. I'm an old school gamer. I used to play TFC as Lando Commando (mostly on the Jigglypuff and Sinister servers). In real life I work in the oil fields of New Mexico, but I am about to graduate with a BS of Science in Game Art & Design, so you may see my name pop up on the credits of a video game within the next few years.

Anyway, good meeting everyone and I'll see you here or on the servers. I mostly play on the Dustbowl or Warpath servers, but I stop in to the rotation server occasionally as well.

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:52 pm

[quote="Uncle Rico";p="81733"]
Hi everyone,

I go by Uncle Rico on TF2. I'm an old school gamer. I used to play TFC as Lando Commando (mostly on the Jigglypuff and Sinister servers). In real life I work in the oil fields of New Mexico, but I am about to graduate with a BS of Science in Game Art & Design, so you may see my name pop up on the credits of a video game within the next few years.

Anyway, good meeting everyone and I'll see you here or on the servers. I mostly play on the Dustbowl or Warpath servers, but I stop in to the rotation server occasionally as well.
[/quote]

Welcome to our purple paradise.

enjoy your stay..

see you round in the servers

Preacherman
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Preacherman » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:00 pm

I am me - well to me i am me - I am never a you - well unless to you - then i might be a you. Sometimes I am an I. so really I am an I or a me

Preacherman - nope I am not - I'm your friendly Cable Guy - with a tool belt for your service
3 kids - all great - the best kids on the earth (catch my auction of them on ebay, sometime before Christmas)
1 wife - I mean 1 is enough for anyone.
1 gecko - 25 crickets (24, 23 .........5,30,29)

board yet - sry me boring

woot - can turn the lights on again - oops wrong thread
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/preacherman666/manutd-1.jpg[/img]

NoodgeVader
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by NoodgeVader » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:12 pm

Hi, it's me, NoodgeVader. I just registered on the forums today and I am surprised to see so many people talking about subjects and people I know. I suppose I need no introduction because I use The Ville as a transient uses a cardboard box in a dark, dirty alley. It provides shelter from cold reality.

Believe it or not, I am a stranger to online gaming and the internet. I have only been using them for a year or so. Before that I played only on consoles. When I got TF2 I played on a variety of servers, finally settling on The Q Clan because of low latency. However, as time went on, I became conscious of the lack of sportsmanship and friendly demeanor amongst the players. It seemed that many players were obsessed with stats and neglected camaraderie and teamwork. So I set out on a "Quest," if you will, to find a better way.

I found one..................

(In case you're drunk, I meant The Ville)

Take it from me, I've been around. You will not find a better group of people playing at one place in TF2.

Be seeing you.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:23 pm

NOODGE!!!!
Welcome Sir!
'Bout time you started posting
:lol:

Yahoo!!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Yahoo!! » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:54 pm

[quote="NoodgeVader";p="81762"]Hi, it's me, NoodgeVader. I just registered on the forums today and I am surprised to see so many people talking about subjects and people I know. I suppose I need no introduction because I use The Ville as a transient uses a cardboard box in a dark, dirty alley. It provides shelter from cold reality.

Believe it or not, I am a stranger to online gaming and the internet. I have only been using them for a year or so. Before that I played only on consoles. When I got TF2 I played on a variety of servers, finally settling on The Q Clan because of low latency. However, as time went on, I became conscious of the lack of sportsmanship and friendly demeanor amongst the players. It seemed that many players were obsessed with stats and neglected camaraderie and teamwork. So I set out on a "Quest," if you will, to find a better way.

Take it from me, I've been around. You will not find a better group of people playing at one place in TF2.

Be seeing you.[/quote]

ZOMG noodge! I am so glad to see you finally post. You truly are part of the furniture on the ville servers.

isyc
New Villun
New Villun

Post by isyc » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:05 pm

[quote="v.o.c";p="81687"]no you did'nt introduce me to dod although you had played it before we both d/loaded it and had a mad hardcore allnighter on lan at my house. and we both sucked[/quote]

I protest that I did - well I was convinced it was you - i had played it before you and I know I told someone about it around that time, oh so many sleeps since then and much too many deaths :P

I doubt that laptop will still be able to run dod now, it seems to be much more resource hungry than it was way back when, whats more than that epic download on to the laptop was trying to get the bluetooth lan working on your computer and keep it working lol
[font=Arial][color=green][size=100]I Stole Your Cabbage[/size] [/color] [/font]

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:44 pm

[quote="NoodgeVader";p="81762"]
Hi, it's me, NoodgeVader. I just registered on the forums today and I am surprised to see so many people talking about subjects and people I know. I suppose I need no introduction because I use The Ville as a transient uses a cardboard box in a dark, dirty alley. It provides shelter from cold reality.

Be seeing you.
[/quote]

[quote="StrontiumDog";p="81764"]
NOODGE!!!!
Welcome Sir!
'Bout time you started posting
:lol:
[/quote]

DAmn straight.

Now this dude is a team player!

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:57 pm

hi everyone!
i havent played in a whipe but i think i might start again!!!
im iown and i play video games too much :]

KAMIKAZE MadMax
Villun
Villun
Minecraft name: Kamikazemadmax

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KAMIKAZE MadMax » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:56 am

Do I really have to do this?! ::looks around:: oh fine...
My name is Todd, live in Michigan, hate the snow because of it,
have a wonderful fiancee and I am addicted to poker (but not the gambling aspect of it)

Fizbon666
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Fizbon666 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:39 pm

Hola,
I'm Fiz, got the name a long time ago, modified from Dragonlance. Used it first playing a MUD back in.. uhm, 94?
I've been a game since I was 4-6 when my father brought home an Atari 2600. Played Adventure on a home built computer a while after that. Moved "up" to the C64 ("Another visitor, stay awhile, stay forever!") I played Doom on a modem with my buddy back in the day, so I've been playing online forever. I've played nearly all the FPS that have been worth playing.

Found Theville pretty much on accident and the stat program drew me in. I've stayed because you have pretty much the friendliest servers around. I usually play a soldier or demoman, though switch around rather liberally.

I've been 31 married for 5 years now and have 2 girls. Live in the dead center of Ca. I'm a network admin. And I've been thinking about setting up a TF2 box at work to run at nights ;)

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:02 pm

Hey Fiz...welcome!

[quote="Fizbon666";p="82192"] And I've been thinking about setting up a TF2 box at work to run at nights ;)[/quote]

:shock: