PhantomFighter
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by PhantomFighter » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:58 am

Greets to all; I'm Phantom Fighter. The name comes from a character in Ultima III who stood in the eatery in Britannia saying, "the food sucks!" :lol:

I've been playing TF2 since about January/February '08, but I'm not a complete noob as I used to play a lot of TFC, as well as other team-oriented FPSes.

I found the Ville through trial and error. I was looking for servers with good players and clean voice chat. After testing the waters I just automatically gravitated towards the Ville. At that point I started paying some attention to the forums. You'll notice that I tend to be pretty quiet in-game and out. Yahoo and/or d0G encouraged me to introduce myself, so here I am!

I was playing a lot of soldier until the ammo patch. Now you'll usually find me either burning everything that isn't nailed down or healing the same.

Thanks to all who spend their time and resources hosting the ville servers. If there is any way that I can help, please let me know! I try to discourage disrespectful commentary (i.e. "the engineers on our team suck"), encourage constructive criticism, and speak out against foul, racial, and other abusive speech. In other words help keep the Ville a great place to play and have fun.

I also want to say thanks to all the good players that make the games so enjoyable. My steam friends list is constantly growing, and I always look forward to seeing you online.

Down with llamas! :lol:

Cheers,

TPF

Thom Yorke Obliterator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Thom Yorke Obliterator » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:25 am

Welcome to the forums, PhantomFighter! :D
"After completing a trek of Kilimanjaro in 2009, Ronan Keating was asked by an interviewer which celebrity he would most like to throw off a mountain. Keating named Yorke, and referred to him as a "muppet," stating that Yorke was once rude to him." - from Wikipedia

YevGenie
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YevGenie » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:37 am

hey Phantom! grats on first post! Not that I can speak for any of the admins or anything but just keep on doing what you're doing! Encouraging team play and positive criticism! Also, you can support for a reserved slot and a few privleges if that is something you might be interested in! :)

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:42 am

Heya Phantom!

I was on last night with ya (Dustbowl)! You're a damn fine engy, just wanted to say that.

Welcome to the forums, if you need anything just gimme a hollar

As Yevster already pointed out, if you want to help contribute, click the "Support the Ville" link over <-- there top, left. Not to mention you get a reserved slot on all the servers, how can you pass that up?! :D

Yahoo!!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Yahoo!! » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:51 am

[quote="PhantomFighter";p="81376"]Greets to all; I'm Phantom Fighter. The name comes from a character in Ultima III who stood in the eatery in Britannia saying, "the food sucks!" :lol:

I've been playing TF2 since about January/February '08, but I'm not a complete noob as I used to play a lot of TFC, as well as other team-oriented FPSes.

I found the Ville through trial and error. I was looking for servers with good players and clean voice chat. After testing the waters I just automatically gravitated towards the Ville. At that point I started paying some attention to the forums. You'll notice that I tend to be pretty quiet in-game and out. Yahoo and/or d0G encouraged me to introduce myself, so here I am!

I was playing a lot of soldier until the ammo patch. Now you'll usually find me either burning everything that isn't nailed down or healing the same.

Thanks to all who spend their time and resources hosting the ville servers. If there is any way that I can help, please let me know! I try to discourage disrespectful commentary (i.e. "the engineers on our team suck"), encourage constructive criticism, and speak out against foul, racial, and other abusive speech. In other words help keep the Ville a great place to play and have fun.

I also want to say thanks to all the good players that make the games so enjoyable. My steam friends list is constantly growing, and I always look forward to seeing you online.

Down with llamas! :lol:

Cheers,

TPF[/quote]

Yay! You finally gave in to the pressure and started posting. I am glad to see you. You truly are a great player to play with. I have to agree with you about with the atmosphere and rules in this place. It just makes it a great place.

Please continue to post more!

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:54 am

Phantom! 'Bout time!
You're always fun to game with!
:D

Devastator
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Devastator » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:08 pm

I JUST WANT TO SAY HI TO ALL I MEAN IM NOT A MAN OF WORDS

BUT ITS GREAT PLAY AT VILLE I START TO PLAY COS I SEE MY BRO HAVING

FUN SO I DECIDE TO TRY AND I WASNT WRONG IT S VERY FUNY AND I STILL

DONT UNDERSTAND WHY 25 POINTS EVERY TIME SOMEBODY KILL ME AND I

JUST GOT 2 OR 3.............. :evil: THATS NOT FAIR...... I THINK I SHOULD TAKE

THE SAME POINTS FOR EVERY KILL

AND SORRY MEAN I UNDERSTAND ALL WRITED AND SPEAK IT BUT I HAVE

TROUBLES WRITING THAT S WHY I USUALLY JUST READ.................

....................PEACE ALL.................. 8)

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:37 pm

no need to shout mate... and welcome

spm97
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by spm97 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:04 pm

Heya all you Norcal folks....

Check out the "Norcal" thread and post where you are !!

Spam

[quote="HappyWino";p="81231"]
[quote="nesknowitall";p="81218"]I'm from the Sacramento Area[/quote]

Me too :)

Cheers

HW
[/quote]
[img]https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/Artican_M/spammers.gif[/img]

JohnCarterofMars
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun

Ville Awards

Post by JohnCarterofMars » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:06 pm

i'll need someone to introduce meh... who's gonna be mah MC?

Que the music...

Lanferd
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Lanferd » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:53 pm

Welcome phantom... (lol a little late i know):lol:
[img]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff255/jsquared90/HKLanferd.jpg[/img]

isyc
New Villun
New Villun

Post by isyc » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:07 pm

I Stole Your Cabbage!

Or, ISYC for short. Been playing on DOD since a very long time ago, must be since its early days. I can actually claim credit for introducing it to VOC :lol:.
I think I first played on the ville way back when we were both noobs and although he stuck around, I drifted through other games such as CS/CS:S and xbox games while going through uni while occasionally landing on the ville for the odd night of gaming with voc. But as I'm coming up to finishing off my MSc I've found some spare time that needs filling with gaming so thought I'd wing back over to here and settle in.

As a little bit of bio, I'm from Stoke-on-Trent, England, aged 23 (just had to work it out again - not sure if thats cos I'm older than I think I am or because I rarely give my age anymore.) Really do love gaming, and can usually be found on my XBOX 360 under the alias English Oatcake (which is what I used to go under on DOD/CS/etc.) and always try to work as a team when I can and detest fowl mouthed (or fingered when a keyboard is the intermediary) players so am expecting to fit right in here :D
[font=Arial][color=green][size=100]I Stole Your Cabbage[/size] [/color] [/font]

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:19 pm

I know you English Oatcake!

Good to see ya back, welcome and enjoy! :D

...OBTW you can have my cabbage

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:05 pm

[quote="l3eeron";p="81534"]

Good to see ya back, welcome and enjoy! :D

...OBTW you can have my cabbage
[/quote]

Sorry mate, I'm turning mine into Crout.. mmm mm

CastleDoctrine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by CastleDoctrine » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:45 pm

Greetings! I am CastleDoctrine.

Perhaps some of you know me. To those who do, pleased to see you again. To those who don't, hope to play with you sometime. I share a Steam account with my brother, NoodgeVader, who most of you probably know. He plays the majority of the time as the stats will show.

I bought the Orange Box last October so my brother and I could play the Half Life 2 series and try out Portal. I discounted Team Fortress 2 since I had never tried online multiplayer games before and the idea of playing with strangers seemed boring.

Needless to say, TF2 has completely changed my mind about online FPSs and I've found it to be the most fun I've had in years. A great deal of that is because of the friendly and talented people I've played with, the majority of them on The Ville's servers.

I can usually be found as a Medic, as there always seems to be need for one, but I am not without skill as any other class.

The Ville's players are by far the most friendly TF2 community I have encountered as of yet. It is encouraging to find a collection of players who like me, value sportsmanship, teamwork, and fun.
Last edited by CastleDoctrine on Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.