I hate them all
23%

Total votes: 39

Sgt.Weird Al
Villun
Villun

Wii, PS3, 360

Post by Sgt.Weird Al » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:14 pm

This is a poll to see which console wins TheVille Console War...I perfer Wii.
[img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3863/buffiedrd7.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/sgtweirdal][u][size=150][fade][color=brown]M[/color][color=brown]y[/color] [color=brown]M[/color][color=brown]y[/color][color=brown]S[/color][color=brown]p[/color][color=red]a[/color][color=red]c[/color][color=red]e[/color] [color=red]P[/color][color=red]a[/color][color=red]g[/color][color=red]e[/color][/fade][/size][/u][/url]

ScurvySD
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Wii, PS3, 360

Post by ScurvySD » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:19 pm

[quote="Sgt.Weird Al";p="58507"]I perfer Wii.[/quote]
I never would have guessed.

I don't have a preference right now, but I might consider getting a PS3 once Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:24 pm

both :P
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Sgt.Weird Al
Villun
Villun

Post by Sgt.Weird Al » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:43 pm

The Ps3 got up in price because of Blu-Ray to $900 for 60 GB. $500 for 40GB. The 40BG doesn't have any Wi-Fi only Ethernet which lags and isn't ver reliable. Ps3 doesn't have much must-have games or any games for that matter and it's been out for a year. Ps3 doesn't support background downloading. It doesn't even have LAN. One word...sixaxis...who's brilliant plan was that?

Just some stuff of why I think PS3 is the worst next gen console...

Xbox 360...red ring of death...that's why I think it's second worst.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/sgtweirdal][u][size=150][fade][color=brown]M[/color][color=brown]y[/color] [color=brown]M[/color][color=brown]y[/color][color=brown]S[/color][color=brown]p[/color][color=red]a[/color][color=red]c[/color][color=red]e[/color] [color=red]P[/color][color=red]a[/color][color=red]g[/color][color=red]e[/color][/fade][/size][/u][/url]

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:46 pm

PC.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

bullwinkle
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bullwinkle » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:20 pm

[quote="ScurvySD";p="58508"]I might consider getting a PS3 once Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out.[/quote]

so you never plan to get one then? Xbox360 FTW!!!!!
Image Image
remember that time you almost died in that fire and then i said i wasnt going to murder you

2007 Kill l3eeron Champ

Gen.Ben
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gen.Ben » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:27 pm

[quote="Sgt.Weird Al";p="58512"]
The Ps3 got up in price because of Blu-Ray to $900 for 60 GB. $500 for 40GB. The 40BG doesn't have any Wi-Fi only Ethernet which lags and isn't ver reliable. Ps3 doesn't have much must-have games or any games for that matter and it's been out for a year. Ps3 doesn't support background downloading. It doesn't even have LAN. One word...sixaxis...who's brilliant plan was that?

[/quote]

Not sure you mean by "got up in price" but the 60GB PS3 was never at $900 retail. It was 599 at launch. But shortly after came alot of price drops. The 80GB ps3 currently is 499.

"500 for 40gb" Nope, It's 399.

"The 40BG doesn't have any Wi-Fi only Ethernet which lags and isn't ver reliable."

The 40GB PS3 does have Wi-Fi, and a Ethernet port. Not sure what you mean by Ethernet isn't reliable as a good CAT5e wired ethernet connection is much more reliable and faster than Wi-Fi.

"Ps3 doesn't have much must-have games or any games for that matter and it's been out for a year. "

Their game selection is lacking. I'll give ya that, although I am perfectly happy playing Vegas and COD4.

"Ps3 doesn't support background downloading."

Yes it does.

"It doesn't even have LAN."

What do you mean by LAN? If you mean it doesn't support Local Area Network gaming, then you are wrong. It does support LAN gaming.

"One word...sixaxis...who's brilliant plan was that?"

I agree, The sixaxis is pretty bad. It's funny because no game dev's are including sixaxis features into their games, I am glad that they aren't because if I wanted to work up a sweat flailing my arms at a television screen I would rather go to the gym.

I really do hate to sound like a fanboy. But you can't blantantly lie without being corrected.

Eh, Each to his own.
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z80/Gen-Ben/l3eeron/SMS_genben_sig.png[/img]

loka
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by loka » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:14 pm

Well I own a Wii and it's fun.

The next console I'm purchasing is a 360 for the online gaming play...mainly Halo 3. I'm sorry but NOTHING beats the immense online gaming community that Xbox has created. I will pay anything to play Halo online.
ImageImage
BLS DoD 1.3 '06 Ville Cup Winner
Death Dealers DoD 1.3 '07 Ville Cup Winner

ScurvySD
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ScurvySD » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:30 pm

[quote="loka";p="58540"] I'm sorry but NOTHING beats the immense online gaming community that Xbox has created.[/quote]Except, you know... PC.

Hamese
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Hamese » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:56 am

I have a Wii because I can get so many other people to play it, like my wife. If I had any other console I would be stuck playing with myself..... and that is not a euphemism.

regis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by regis » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:13 am

[quote="bullwinkle";p="58523"]Xbox360 FTW!!!!!
[/quote]
I said the 360... but my buddy has a Wii and those are tons of fun. Especially if you have a couple people come over.

Blown65
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Blown65 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:27 am

I have a PS3, but I never play games on it. lol

Pretty much bought it to play movies. I do have a few games but personally I've never liked console units. I would of probably got a xbox360 with the hd-dvd drive, but at least they had somewhat affordable HD-DVD players unlike Bluray players at near 1000 bucks. (at the time I was shopping)

itchy
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by itchy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:29 am

Ah, the one question that can even get friends to yell at one another...
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3566/3304587268_69e66ce816_o.png[/img]
[size=67][url=http://www.theville.org/viewtopic.php?t=11702]I've been found out![/url][/size]

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:31 am

[quote="Clay Pigeon";p="58513"]PC.[/quote]
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Sgt.Weird Al
Villun
Villun

Post by Sgt.Weird Al » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:05 pm

[quote="Gen.Ben";p="58537"][quote="Sgt.Weird Al";p="58512"]
The Ps3 got up in price because of Blu-Ray to $900 for 60 GB. $500 for 40GB. The 40BG doesn't have any Wi-Fi only Ethernet which lags and isn't ver reliable. Ps3 doesn't have much must-have games or any games for that matter and it's been out for a year. Ps3 doesn't support background downloading. It doesn't even have LAN. One word...sixaxis...who's brilliant
plan was that?

[/quote]

Not sure you mean by "got up in price" but the 60GB PS3 was never at $900 retail. It was 599 at launch. But shortly after came alot of price drops. The 80GB ps3 currently is 499.

"The 40BG doesn't have any Wi-Fi only Ethernet which lags and isn't ver reliable."

The 40GB PS3 does have Wi-Fi, and a Ethernet port. Not sure what you mean by Ethernet isn't reliable as a good CAT5e wired ethernet connection is much more reliable and faster than Wi-Fi.

"Ps3 doesn't have much must-have games or any games for that matter and it's been out for a year. "

Their game selection is lacking. I'll give ya that, although I am perfectly happy playing Vegas and COD4.

Yes it does.

What do you mean by LAN? If you mean it doesn't support Local Area Network gaming, then you are wrong. It does support LAN gaming.

I agree, The sixaxis is pretty bad. It's funny because no game dev's are including sixaxis features into their games, I am glad that they aren't because if I wanted to work up a sweat flailing my arms at a television screen I would rather go to the gym.

I really do hate to sound like a fanboy. But you can't blantantly lie without being corrected.

Eh, Each to his own.[/quote]

Yes it does.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs. ... 11/17/6008

Eh, Each to his own.[/quote]
I saw it at walmart...I'm right. Where I live it's 500.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=69315
I was wrong...20...sorry. I new one ps3 console didn't have it.

I agree...but COD4 is coming out for Wii. Already for DS.

Yes it does.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs. ... 11/17/6008

I meant not alot of LAN games.

Get a Wii. You can do more than waving your arms like a idiot. You and blow on top of the sensor on the WiiMote like a flute, shake it like a drink then act like you are drinking it, hold it and run in place, tennis racket, box, golf, bowl, table tennis, COD3(stab, reload), turn it etc...sixaxis can't even go near that!

Eh, each is his own.

My cousin has a Ps3 AND a Wii and I research Ps3 AND Wii on Wikipedia, Google, Yahoo and even ask people about it at GameStop.