MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Wii, PS3, 360

Post by MasterChef » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:58 am

I have all 3 and for the most part like them all. I like the wii because it offers something different than just pure stats. Nintendo has been going for quality instead of quantity and its working pretty good for them.

The xbox 360 is really good though too because it has good graphics and good online play. It has a good amount of game titles as well to suit my needs. Overall I think I use my xbox 360 the most recently. I wonder why.... I havn't had any kind of over heating problems with mine or the rings of death. ( knock on wood.) You can even get a HD DVD player for a good price too if blu ray isn't your thing.

The PS3 is good to for its graphics quality. Right now there arn't a lot of games out for it that are reasons to get a PS3. However the blu ray player alone on it is worth it. That is the main reason that I got mine.

ScurvySD
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ScurvySD » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:01 pm

[quote="[HALO]MasterChief";p="61221"]Nintendo has been going for quality instead of quantity and its working pretty good for them.[/quote]Explain?

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:59 pm

[quote="ScurvySD";p="61264"][quote="[HALO]MasterChief";p="61221"]Nintendo has been going for quality instead of quantity and its working pretty good for them.[/quote]Explain?[/quote]

I meant in terms of the overall system stats. The wii is not a graphical powerhouse like the PS3 or xbox 360. Nintendo put more into the over quality of fun than just pretty graphics. The wii doesn't always have that "next gen" look of the other consoles. But it makes up for it with overall fun factor.

loka
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by loka » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:53 pm

You can avoid the ring of death by one action. DON'T STAND UP YOUR XBOX!!! These consoles were not meant to be stood up, and merely standing them up is for show and marketing purposes. When you think about it since when does a disc read correctly by tilting or standing up a unit?? DVD players recommend not to tilt players and CD players act screwy when you tilt it upside down. So again...the ring of death can be easily avoided. Otherwise the unit is just gonna work harder to read the disc, heat up and wooolah you got the red ring.
ImageImage
BLS DoD 1.3 '06 Ville Cup Winner
Death Dealers DoD 1.3 '07 Ville Cup Winner

ScurvySD
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ScurvySD » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:32 pm

[quote="loka";p="61341"]You can avoid the ring of death by one action. DON'T STAND UP YOUR XBOX!!! These consoles were not meant to be stood up, and merely standing them up is for show and marketing purposes. When you think about it since when does a disc read correctly by tilting or standing up a unit?? DVD players recommend not to tilt players and CD players act screwy when you tilt it upside down. So again...the ring of death can be easily avoided. Otherwise the unit is just gonna work harder to read the disc, heat up and wooolah you got the red ring.[/quote]That is completely false.

The red rings of death is linked to overheating from regular use, and the type of solder used on the components. It has nothing to do with reading DVDs or the orientation of the machine, as these things won't cause excessive heat. You can safely keep the 360 standing up.

This summer Microsoft extended the warranties of all 360s and replaced all the consoles experiencing problems, and I have heard absolutely nothing about red rings since then. I think it's safe to assume it's a non-issue for newer units.

kookoo275
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by kookoo275 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:00 am

[quote="Sgt.Weird Al";p="58512"]

My cousin has a Ps3 AND a Wii and I research Ps3 AND Wii on Wikipedia, Google, Yahoo and even ask people about it at GameStop.[/quote]

Can you say "no life?" :lol:
Just kidding! haha

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:35 am

Wii for me. While still think the Wii Remote still has a lot more potential than what's being showed, I still love the games I have. Mario Galaxy, Trauma Center, Mario Strikers, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess and others have kept me busy.

The 360 and PS3 simpy don't have enough games that interest me to make buying one worth it to me. Most games that I would want on these consoles are on the PC anyway, in which case I just buy the PC version.

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:55 am

I might have a Wii...one day. :puppydogeyes:
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]