If your post doesn't fit any other boards subject, then post it here
v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

youtube

Post by v.o.c » Sat May 08, 2021 11:57 am

Just a bit of advice if possible. My lad has a youtube channel, we mainly post Fortnite montages on it, he has 120odd subscribers and averages 20to40 views on each video. my question is do any of you guys have hints tips etc to increase views and possibly pick up a few more subs?
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: youtube

Post by ADevilishPotato » Sat May 08, 2021 2:24 pm

The spiffing britt has been having a lot of fun answering just that question in a few of his videos here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvXDaWC ... 3y0EIQlnU3 :dance:
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Sat May 08, 2021 3:25 pm

ADevilishPotato wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:24 pm
The spiffing britt has been having a lot of fun answering just that question in a few of his videos here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvXDaWC ... 3y0EIQlnU3 :dance:
The Spiffing Brit's video was indeed majestic :lol:

So I guess it depends on if you're trying to purely game the system for views, or put out quality content. Or perhaps somewhere in between. I don't know the right answers. I have literally hundreds of channels I'm "subscribed" to on youtube and rarely watch anything just because it was suggested.

P.S.
Imagine not commenting: ""“Minecraft" "ASMR" "pewdiepie" "music" "Fortnite" "markiplier" “YouTube is a perfectly balanced game with no exploits.” "Runescape" "World of Warcraft" "Shadowlands" "Dream" "MrBeast" "Warzone" "FaZe Clan" "100 Thieves" "Call of Duty" "Pokemon" "Pokemon cards" "card unboxing" "Charizard" "they don't want you to know" "Flat earth" "round earth" "triangle earth" "the earth is not earth" "what even is earth if not earth omg government is lying to you" "Minecraft" "ASMR" "pewdiepie" "music" "Fortnite" "markiplier" “YouTube is a perfectly balanced game with no exploits.” "Runescape" "World of Warcraft"

[\Poll] Are you alive?, 1) Yes, 2) No [\Poll] 8)

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Sat May 08, 2021 4:59 pm

content is the way he wants to go, he's not a bad little player, but at 15 im trying to also steer him away from the streaming side of things as its his final 18 months of school and i don't want him up half the night grinding twitch. so at the moment he's pretty much stuck with montages. I've tried different wording in the description, even the copyrighted stuff teenagers call music over the montage trying to just get it more likely to show up om peoples recommended vids list. its not like he really wants to be a big time youtuber, he just wants to be cooler than his mates. if you get 5 mins to check one out and see if there's anything off top of your head to improve thing it would be appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3Mt94 ... E9PHuA_opw

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Sat May 08, 2021 10:53 pm

Being cooler than his mates: fully understandable! I might still be working on that one. :)

Watched a few of the vids and subbed.

Off the top of my head: Needs a narrative. A voice over. A story. It could be instructional (how's and why's) or just commentary ("watch this sick kill"). But his voice and what he's got to say will start to give him a brand. It will, if ever so slightly, set him apart from the other Fortnite videos. If he's humourous so much the better! Whatever his style, it absolutely will appeal to some group.

Cheers

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Tue May 11, 2021 3:08 pm

thanks for input, ive give him some suggestion, just got to get him doing it now. ive suggested doing a final kill in a victory royal vid, a intro in his voice saying something about spent last few days grinding victory's, heres the final kill from all (insert number).