Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Ow!

Post by Bronze Fox » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:37 pm

I meant to post this yesterday but I got busy. Anyway! Eight days after my surgery and I'm doing really well.
I've already gotten myself off of the pain meds and I really want to start biking again. But I shall continue to rest for now.

Here are two photos of my helmet:

All of the damage is on the back right rear as shown. It is a little hard to show but all those cracks on the inside go all the way through.
As in, it was a really hard impact and I'm glad I had my helmet on.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:45 pm

Helmets save lives, and that one probably saved yours! You should find it a nice place of honor on your shelf as a trophy/reminder for the future. Both my brother (biking) and my step-mother (horseback riding) have been saved by helmets, and I believe both keep the split remains thereof as reminders to always wear the new ones!
-Boss Llama

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Had my first post-surgery checkup today. Surgeon was impressed with my recovery,
and I'll be going on my first bike ride this weekend with my dad as a safety precaution.
Also got the okay to work which is also good news.

It's a little difficult to see but one of the pieces of my clavicle in the break is going upward.
That was the piece that was poking against my skin and could visibly been seen on the outside and thus why I was operated on.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:14 pm

Glad that thigs are going well. And heres to an uneventful ride.

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:35 pm

<eVa>mlite wrote:Glad that thigs are going well. And heres to an uneventful ride.
Yeah, I forgot to mention. I was riding shotgun in my bro's truck three weeks ago and as we were going over a bridge 2 miles out from our house (My crash was also 2 miles out) a groundhog started to run across the road. And it saw the pick-up speeding at it and stopped for a moment, then ran all the way across. Yesterday when I was driving through some back roads the road does a weird S curve so you have to go slow. As I was going through the curve I saw another groundhog in the grass at the edge of the round.

Suffice to say, I'm keeping my eyes out now when I start biking again around here.

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:41 am

Yea back in 2010 i had a major car accident, shattered my left femur, broke my left ankle, sprained my right ankle, broke a couple ribs, was ripped open all over from glass coming in on me and also had my ear hanging off, its very tough and pain meds only work so long once your body gets used to it, the pain will be a bit worse, glad to hear your alright, i was supposed to be out like 6-7 months but ended up going back after 3 because i didnt have disability at the time and used all my vacation and sick hours so i limped around for another couple weeks atleast, even today i can still feel when its gonna get cold or gonna rain due to the titanium in my leg...
Thanks Sparky

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:07 am

Bronze Fox wrote: I was riding shotgun in my bro's truck three weeks ago and as we were going over a bridge 2 miles out from our house (My crash was also 2 miles out) a groundhog started to run across the road. And it saw the pick-up speeding at it and stopped for a moment, then ran all the way across. Yesterday when I was driving through some back roads the road does a weird S curve so you have to go slow. As I was going through the curve I saw another groundhog in the grass at the edge of the round.

Suffice to say, I'm keeping my eyes out now when I start biking again around here.
The groundhogs are keeping tabs on you. Soon there will be a groundhog uprising against you for what you did to their comrade.

A groundhog never forgets.