Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

My Day

Post by Bronze Fox » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:44 pm

So I was driving to work today in my awesome Subaru, and not even a mile down the rode, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I look over and I noticed on the floor mat on the passenger side (shotgun) there is a mouse. We both just stared at each other for a few seconds and then it scurries off. Where? It goes up my floor mat into some cranny between the engine compartment and that foot lounge section. I wasn't really 100% sure what to do at this moment so I just kept driving to work. Probably another three miles I can see just the tail of the mouse hanging down, the glovebox blocked the rest of my vision. It then proceeded to scurry back up.

I start to get a little worried because I learned from Tom and Jerry that cornered mouse never fight. But seriously I was worried that the heat or the motion of the car would make the mouse anxious, and that maybe one of those things would cause it to bite through the wiring of my car. I also didn't want mouse fecal material smelling/rotting the inside of my car as well, so I finally pull over after a few more miles.

Park, turn off engine, get on my knees, and I start looking for this little man. I'm not a total greenhorn with the mechanics of a car, but I had no idea what I was looking at honestly. Like there are big wires, small wires, insulated wires, and circular plastic stuff all behind the dash of my car/directly behind the glovebox. Besides the mystery that berates my eyes and boggles my mind I see no mouse. I notice a ton of nooks that the mouse could have gotten into, none of them good.

Well, at this point I still had to get to work and felt like nothing could be done at this point, and so after my shift is over I look inside my car, everywhere. Under all the seats, up behind the pedals, up behind the glovebox. Nothing! The entire time I drove home I just kept thinking what I would do if this mouse dropped on my feet. For better or for worse I did not spot the mouse once during my whole drive home. Currently I have placed packets of poison inside my car for tonight.

It might be important to point out that I live in a rural area so field mice are not uncommon. My parents have already had mice get into our basement through the garage, and many mice come and go in our barn. However the fact that a mouse got into my car is... I don't even know. I do park outside away from our house, but I always do so with all my windows up. The only possibility is that it got up in my engine compartment and crawled through right?

If there's a dead mouse in my car tomorrow I'll be sure to keep everyone updated, or if anyone wants to leave their cat in my car overnight that also works.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: My Day

Post by M's » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:52 pm

Sounds like a rather interesting day you had.

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:11 pm

Bronze vs. Wild appearing on Discovery this Fall.

Don't forget a mouse trap with peanut butter. One in the trunk, and one in the main compartment.

Warpath Cup- FU-2011, FAIL 2012
Villeympics- BB 2011, USAHB 2012
Ville Cup- HK 2011, SNES 2012, :TIME: 2013, CTB 2014

Soltan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Soltan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:17 pm

My mom recently had a mouse build a nest in the trunk or her car. It stole nesting material from the seats and cabin filter. My dad was out of the country for six weeks and came back to a dead mouse under his back seat. My parents basically live in the wilderness so no surprises there I guess.

I live in highly urban Phoenix and had a dead pigeon lodge itself in my front bumper a few months ago. I didn't notice it until the smell hit me one day. Thankfully I was finally able to locate and remove it (fortunately it hadn't liquefied yet).

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:20 pm

I woke up this morning with a startle. The nest I had claimed as my own was occupied by a very large, seemingly shocked, and not very hairy mouse. Not sure what to do at this point, I scurried deeper into the recesses of my nest. After realizing that this large, naked mouse was not going to attack me, I decided he must be friendly! So, like any good friend, I had a bit of sporting fun with him. I kept poking my tail out at him, hoping he would try to grab it and we could have a game of chase the tail. Eventually, Mr. Big mouse got out of my nest and started crawling around on the ground. Yes! The game of chase is on! I ran off towards a patch of brush, but he didn't chase. Instead, he got into my nest and stole away with it! Now I am homeless and without any friends.

What a day.

Pepsibottle1
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Pepsibottle1 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:52 pm

Mice can scurry between anywhere really; if you live out in the sticks, it's bound to happen. Invest in a kitty, seriously. Cats are amazing at keeping mice at bay.

It's better to have him behind the dash rather than under the hood. I just did work on an old Ranger that had an apparent rodent problem...gloves were almost mandatory. Chances are he'll find a way to wiesel out though.

"To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster." - Sterling Moss
Resident Motorsports Enthusiast and Sim Racer