NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: titanfall beta signup link

Post by NerevarineKing » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:47 pm

As much as I dislike EA, I'm not gonna pass on the beta of a game I'm genuinely interested in because it's published by them. It's not like I'm buying the game right now, it's a beta for god's sakes.
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

Uber!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Uber! » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:36 pm

I hate it when people judge a game or a service just because it has the letters "EA" slapped on it. What is so wrong about EA making a good business decision with the creation of Origin. If EA put their games on Steam, they would have to pay Valve for hosting their games. Despite Origin's existence, I'm sure EA is still paying Valve for hosting the EA games on Steam. With the creation of Origin, EA will make a lot more money than if they used an outside distribution service. Origin isn't a bad service and (believe it or not) Origin does a few things better that Steam, like the returns system (you can return most games within 24 hours of first launching the game, no questions asked). In the end it's all about money and business. If that wasn't the case, things like customer service, returns, Steam sales, new features, etc would not exist. Origin is no different than Steam.
Weep not for roads untraveled
Weep not for sights unseen
May your love never end
And if you need a friend
There's a seat here alongside me

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:10 pm

I don't give a rat's butt either way about Origin. I hate EA itself, and will have nothing to do with them.
-Boss Llama

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:33 am

Alizée Fan wrote:I hate EA itself, and will have nothing to do with them.
Nice prejudice there.

I could understand more for games *developed* in-house by EA, but this is just published. Honestly, if this game is any good and uses DS, might be worthwhile looking at it for a new Ville game.
I am the 1%!

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:10 am

Sorry, I'm setting my limit on services to ones that offer at least Steam's level of service. None of them deserve any mention as services, they're all just control management for their games that have 0 to offer other than acting as gatekeeper for an extremely limited game store.
I have more games to play than I'll ever have time to play now, dealing with the hassle of Live or Origin or whatever isn't remotely worth it.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Soltan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Soltan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:54 pm

Plinko wrote:Sorry, I'm setting my limit on services to ones that offer at least Steam's level of service. None of them deserve any mention as services, they're all just control management for their games that have 0 to offer other than acting as gatekeeper for an extremely limited game store.
I have more games to play than I'll ever have time to play now, dealing with the hassle of Live or Origin or whatever isn't remotely worth it.
I agree. My last foray into another service was with UPlay. I had the displeasure of experiencing a global service outage that prevented me from playing my purchased, single player game for most of a day.

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:05 pm

To Origin's credit it actually has a decent system in place for refunds, which is something Steam can't even say. I'm not a fan of EA, but they at least get a little bit of credit from me in regards to that.

Signed up, doubt I'll get in but why not.

Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:35 pm

Soltan wrote:
Plinko wrote:Sorry, I'm setting my limit on services to ones that offer at least Steam's level of service. None of them deserve any mention as services, they're all just control management for their games that have 0 to offer other than acting as gatekeeper for an extremely limited game store.
I agree. My last foray into another service was with UPlay. I had the displeasure of experiencing a global service outage that prevented me from playing my purchased, single player game for most of a day.

Uplay makes Origin looks amazing

bluntspoon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bluntspoon » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:24 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:I don't give a rat's butt either way about Origin. I hate EA itself, and will have nothing to do with them.

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:38 am

Jesus_Faction wrote:
Soltan wrote:

Uplay makes Origin looks amazing
I must be the only person who doesn't have anything against Origin. Honestly, I hate to use it for FC3: Blood Dragon and for Rayman Legends, and found it kind of interesting. Out of game rewards for key achievements seemed like a really good idea, and I never had an issue playing games.
I am the 1%!

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:38 am

Looks like I received a beta code.

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:43 am

MasterChef wrote:Looks like I received a beta code.
I also just got an email with an xbox one code. If anyone has the console and wants it just let me know.

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:15 am

I too received a code today. Will be installing it after work tonight.

chaffe[seagreens]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by chaffe[seagreens] » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:49 am

Me too. looks like i have a new date for valentines day, sorry honey!

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:53 pm

So far feelings are mixed on it. It's definitely CoD with giant stompy robots. It uses dedicated servers but they are spun up in Azure on demand so you still quick play into matches. I'd say 90% of the matches I have joined thus far have been absolute stomps. I have yet to actually play a good match.

Combat is straight from CoD so if you like CoD you'll probably like TF. I'm not sure I have the reaction times anymore to play twitch shooters like that. There is no skill matching at all for game lobbies. I don't know if that is because of beta or if it's not going to exist at all. If it doesn't exist, then the game is going to get really boring for me really quickly.

As of right now, I'm not going to cancel my pre-order but I also don't agree with most previews that claim it is the greatest FPS ever and we should all bow down to Respawn.