If your post doesn't fit any other boards subject, then post it here
Chaka of the Pakuni
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Is this person famous in Canada?

Post by Chaka of the Pakuni » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:50 pm

Any Canucks here? There's a person in Canada named Jeff Weir. Here's his twitter account; https://twitter.com/jeffster1970

Is this person a public figure in Canada? Anyone ever hear of this guy?

I know it's a stupid question, but......long story.....
Chuck Chuck bo buck, banana fana fo....

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Is this person famous in Canada?

Post by Inner » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:48 pm

I'm not Canadian but his Twitter acct says:

Accountant. Interested in technology, entrepreneurship, hockey, music, travel, photography. Waterloo, ON, Canada

So my guess is he's not any more famous than any US accountant.

//waiting for real Canadian's to chime in :)

prang
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by prang » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:52 pm

Never heard of this guy. He sure seems to love twitter though.

CoyoteCreed
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by CoyoteCreed » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:06 am

He has 207 followers. Even marginal fame gets you over 1,000 followers. Case in point:

https://twitter.com/FrenchStewart
Banner by some other Villun

Warpath Cup '12 | Inner Children Unleashed | Champions
Villympics '12 | ACME Villympic Team (Captain) | Champions
VC '12 | Solis Tanquam
D<3W '13 | SOBAD
VC '13 | Ville Cuppin' Cakes (Captain)
VC '14 | Carpetbaggers | Champions

eVa

Roirdan
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Roirdan » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:46 pm

Chaka of the Pakuni wrote:Any Canucks here? There's a person in Canada named Jeff Weir. Here's his twitter account; https://twitter.com/jeffster1970

Y'know, I think I've heard his name mentioned at work before? Its really familiar... other than that I don't know who he is.

I'm curious as to why you're asking. I don't think its a stupid question, and I would like to know what this "long story" is.
Awesome sig by F13ND!

Chaka of the Pakuni
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Chaka of the Pakuni » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:29 pm

Roirdan wrote:
Chaka of the Pakuni wrote:Any Canucks here? There's a person in Canada named Jeff Weir. Here's his twitter account; https://twitter.com/jeffster1970

Y'know, I think I've heard his name mentioned at work before? Its really familiar... other than that I don't know who he is.

I'm curious as to why you're asking. I don't think its a stupid question, and I would like to know what this "long story" is.
There's a website called broadbandreports.com. It has thousands of users and dozens of forums. This person posts there under an alias.

Recently, in one of the semi-private forums, someone made a post wondering if there are any famous people that post at BBR. The person in question made this reply...
I am famous, but not about to say who I am. Privacy. This crappy place is my only escape to talk to people.

I don't work for Apple. But I would imagine that based on the number of users here, I'm not the only 'famous' person. One of the regular posters is Drake, we're good friends. (no, I am not a musician either) Charlie Sheen has also been here, but hasn't been here for a couple years. ---- "Winning" also Aaron Laffey (MLB player) and his wife Jaclyn also post here regularly.

Just to name a couple.
He mentions he doesn't work for Apple because he has an Apple logo in his avatar. Later in the thread someone mentioned treating famous people differently, and that prompted this reply from him...
That would be the exact problem, people treating you differently.

I used to be here a long time ago and, again, kept myself as an unknown, and just got into too many arguments with some other members and heaved my membership. But there are not a lot of sites like this, so I ended up coming back after about a year.

Occasionally you see your real name pop up. I don't read those. Good or bad, I simply don't need to see it.

As well, there are probably a lot of lurkers that post questions that don't have memberships that are famous. Jennifer Lawrence was one of those, lol. Famous people have the same issues too, our internet isn't any better than yours, and a technician doesn't come out any more quickly than they would do you.

The other thing to think though, on an open forum like this, and you want to voice your opinions, thoughts, and everyone knows who you are, then posting about issues in the Red room or Blue room would create issues.
(the Red and Blue rooms are political forums)

Once again, he posts using an alias. But he made a post at BBR a little over a week ago where he was complaining about Harvey's in Canada. He went there, placed an order for hot dogs, and was then told they ran out of hot dog buns but they couldn't refund his money. He said he had a twitter exchange with them about it. Using that info I simply searched Harvey's twitter account until I found his twitter exchange with them, which gave me his twitter account.

So, he claims he's famous, but looking at his twitter account he looks like an ordinary guy. No idea if he actually knows the famous people he claims he knows or not.

Debating with myself if I want to call him out at the forums....
Chuck Chuck bo buck, banana fana fo....

Roirdan
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Roirdan » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:51 pm

Ahh. I see. So, I double checked with my coworkers, and neither of them know who he is. It is possible his name just sounded familiar to me. Anyways, none of us have ever heard of this guy. He might be using a loose definition of the word famous :)
Awesome sig by F13ND!

prang
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by prang » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:16 pm

Sounds like a liar dropping random celebrity names to try to add weight to his posts. Might be legit but more likely he just wants the attention.

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:34 pm

IRL I'm famous.

at least to my kids I am

I post here so that I can have some way to talk to "normal" people during my day. I play TF2 with a trackpad for a reason. If I were to use my mouse you would all know my real identity, and know that in addition to being a world famous singer/writer I am pro tf2.

or it could just be that using a mouse on a laptop is a pain without the solid surface to work on

Don't go hunting for my twitter account you won't find it.

'cause I would actually have to create it first
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96

F13ND
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by F13ND » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:29 pm

You'llNeverWalkAlone wrote:or it could just be that using a mouse on a laptop is a pain without the solid surface to work on
Thanks Sparky!