List of Villun of the Month winners

If your post doesn't fit any other boards subject, then post it here
trilobite
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: List of Villun of the Month winners

Post by trilobite » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:26 pm

MrBlah wrote:You don't explicitly make any claims, but you implicitly made a claim that those that have received POTM awards are all admins or guild/clan members and that there must be some sort of rigging of the vote to make that happen. That is what just about everyone here has gathered from your posts. It's not always what you say, it's what you imply with your statements.
I made no such claim implicitly or explicitly. I made an observation and shared that observation.

Afterwards, community members made assumptions about my motivations and then proceeded to act on their fantasy of my mind's thoughts.
The fact that everyone here has come to the same general conclusion about my motivations and thoughts, does not de facto make their conclusion reflective of reality.
People could have asked, "Trilo, what do YOU think it means?" But no.

The mere publication of a table of VOTM winners and their relationship with the Ville administration and Ville clans does not in fact constitute an expression of criticism of Ville policy or its members. Still, few can deny that this is an interesting table. It could mean many things. It could mean nothing. But rather than explore its significance in a reasonable manner, I get dismissed and mocked.

I love the Ville and all my friends who play here. But I wonder about things sometimes.

ketchuo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ketchuo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:26 pm

ShiftyDevil wrote:Well I know I bought my vote.... WITH HATS!
Noooooooooo, dont tell them about our little secret. Okay I'm bored, in fact I dont know why I'm posting in this thread. Oh yeah btw

I AM KETCHUO

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:30 pm

trilobite wrote:
MrBlah wrote:You don't explicitly make any claims, but you implicitly made a claim that those that have received POTM awards are all admins or guild/clan members and that there must be some sort of rigging of the vote to make that happen. That is what just about everyone here has gathered from your posts. It's not always what you say, it's what you imply with your statements.
I made no such claim implicitly or explicitly. I made an observation and shared that observation.

Afterwards, community members made assumptions about my motivations and then proceeded to act on their fantasy of my mind's thoughts.
The fact that everyone here has come to the same general conclusion about my motivations and thoughts, does not de facto make their conclusion reflective of reality.

The mere publication of a table of VOTM winners and their relationship with the Ville administration and Ville clans does not in fact constitute an expression of criticism of Ville policy or its members. Still, few can deny that this is an interesting table. It could mean many things. It could mean nothing. But rather than explore its significance in a reasonable manner, I get dismissed and mocked.

I love the Ville and all my friends who play here. But I wonder about things sometimes.
I think the reason most people aren't considering the table in a serious manner is because it's an "analysis" (for lack of a better term) of something so mundane.

VOTM is just a small way to recognize the people who burn a couple extra calories to make The Ville a fun place to be. There's really nothing much else to read into it.

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Don't leave your posts open to interpretation, or people will make assumptions. I think that may have been your intention, though.

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Have an opinon? Share it. Otherwise, don't get upset when people try to infer what the hell you're getting at.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:37 pm

ShiftyDevil wrote:
trilobite wrote:

I think the reason most people aren't considering the table in a serious manner is because it's an "analysis" (for lack of a better term) of something so mundane.

VOTM is just a small way to recognize the people who burn a couple extra calories to make The Ville a fun place to be. There's really nothing much else to read into it.
That and the fact that there is a list of VOTM already compiled, so it stands to reason that the only other pertinent information you were providing for discussion/consideration was pointing out if they were guilded or an admin or supporter. Whether it was intentional or not, there was definite inference.
Last edited by TheCarpe on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:37 pm

TheCarpe
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:53 pm

MrBlah
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:54 pm

Holy crap everyone...take a chill pill. I'm not exactly sure why everyone is jumping on Trilo like they are, it's not like he is the only one who has done this. TBH I'm not sure everyone would be jumping all over me in the same way if I had posted the exact same thing, for I have (for all intents and purposes) the exact same thing that I created on my own (I just have never mentioned or posted about it because I felt folks would find it odd that I had spent the time that I have compiling it). I took it as an interesting spread of VOTM winners of who belonged to who. Yes Trilo maybe should have included more of a point to the post, but why does everyone have to insinuate that it was of poor intention? I can't believe that this is a thing, that people are actually getting hostile over something so insanely stupid (caveat that with VOTM isn't stupid, the argument in this thread is)!
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:05 pm

ADevilishPotato wrote:Holy crap everyone...take a chill pill. I'm not exactly sure why everyone is jumping on Trilo like they are, it's not like he is the only one who has done this. TBH I'm not sure everyone would be jumping all over me in the same way if I had posted the exact same thing, for I have (for all intents and purposes) the exact same thing that I created on my own (I just have never mentioned or posted about it because I felt folks would find it odd that I had spent the time that I have compiling it). I took it as an interesting spread of VOTM winners of who belonged to who. Yes Trilo maybe should have included more of a point to the post, but why does everyone have to insinuate that it was of poor intention? I can't believe that this is a thing, that people are actually getting hostile over something so insanely stupid (caveat that with VOTM isn't stupid, the argument in this thread is)!
Thread seems pretty un-hostile to me.

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:13 pm

ShiftyDevil wrote:
ADevilishPotato wrote:Holy crap everyone...take a chill pill. I'm not exactly sure why everyone is jumping on Trilo like they are, it's not like he is the only one who has done this. TBH I'm not sure everyone would be jumping all over me in the same way if I had posted the exact same thing, for I have (for all intents and purposes) the exact same thing that I created on my own (I just have never mentioned or posted about it because I felt folks would find it odd that I had spent the time that I have compiling it). I took it as an interesting spread of VOTM winners of who belonged to who. Yes Trilo maybe should have included more of a point to the post, but why does everyone have to insinuate that it was of poor intention? I can't believe that this is a thing, that people are actually getting hostile over something so insanely stupid (caveat that with VOTM isn't stupid, the argument in this thread is)!
Thread seems pretty un-hostile to me.
hehe please point out another that someone tells another to gtfo :P
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

F13ND
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by F13ND » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:26 pm

Trilo, what do YOU think it means? :)
(p.s. vote F13ND September votm for multiculturalism)
Thanks Sparky!

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:28 pm

you can sea lawyer all you want, but the fact remains even said you were "stirring the pot" which means everything we inferred about you implying was on the right track.
CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:34 pm

I am truly surprised to see that not one Kilaak ever has made it to be a Villan of the Month.

No wonder they hate us so much.

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:36 pm

John Doe wrote:I am truly surprised to see that not one Kilaak ever has made it to be a Villan of the Month.

No wonder they hate us so much.
I voted for one once...
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011