If your post doesn't fit any other boards subject, then post it here
Snidely Whiplash
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

help meh! PayPal/Facebook/etc code error

Post by Snidely Whiplash » Fri May 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Several websites, including PayPal, display a text version of their website to me, like I'm running a browser from the 90s, I also cannot interact with the site to make use of it; this is happening to me on PayPal and Facebook, I've looked around quite a bit and "Empty Cache.." doesn't work for me. This is becoming dire as my subscription has expired and I can no longer insta join TV vi -_-;; Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Is there a mailing address where I can send a money order? I need to get my dustbowl on immediately as the fancy strikes me.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: help meh! PayPal/Facebook/etc code error

Post by TheCarpe » Fri May 24, 2013 6:41 pm

What browser do you use? Have you tried other browsers with the same trouble? A screenshot might help.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

sgt stutter
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by sgt stutter » Fri May 24, 2013 9:06 pm

Snidely Whiplash wrote:This is becoming dire as my subscription has expired and I can no longer insta join TV vi -_-;;

Snidely, your supporter subscription does not expire until June 17th, so if you’re having an issue joining the server it may be something else. If you you're still having issues when were closer to the expiration date then send me a PM and I'm sure we can work something out.
RIP-Trigger
RIP-Blue
RIP-Stevo

Crusty Juggler
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Crusty Juggler » Fri May 24, 2013 9:26 pm

Snidely is the most computer illiterate PC gamer in existence. But we love him.
TheCarpe wrote:What browser do you use? Have you tried other browsers with the same trouble? A screenshot might help.
I know he uses Safari, was just about to ask this. Throw Chrome or Firefox on your Mac and see if it works.

Also, is it possible to uninstall and then re install Java on a Mac? Do Macs even use Javascript/Java runtimes etc? I would do so if you can, Snidely.
  • The Ville Cup 2012 Champions - [SNES] Superflous Nipples Equals Success - Captain
    Dustbowl<3Warpath Champions- Team CDi- Captain

Snidely Whiplash
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Snidely Whiplash » Sat May 25, 2013 2:04 pm

[
sgt stutter wrote: Snidely, your supporter subscription does not expire until June 17th

-_-;;
thanks guys, I tried chrome and the same thing happened, then I resynced my computer's clock with apple's time and things are OK. Considering the amount of things this affected I'm surprised Y2K wasn't a bigger deal.

Crusty Juggler
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Crusty Juggler » Sat May 25, 2013 2:33 pm

I like how you included your signature emoticons (Snidelycons) in your reply.
  • The Ville Cup 2012 Champions - [SNES] Superflous Nipples Equals Success - Captain
    Dustbowl<3Warpath Champions- Team CDi- Captain