If your post doesn't fit any other boards subject, then post it here
zookie
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: I need a new chair...

Post by zookie » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:16 pm

Oldman-you have to post a pic of your chair. It sounds incredible.

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:31 pm

I sit comfortably in a Herman Miller Aeron. (Like Soltan used to.) I've had it now for about 10 years and still love it. Pricey? Yes, but well worth it. (Often available used for less $.) If you sit a lot or have a bad back, you'll be sooooo glad you invested in a quality chair.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:23 am

I have come to the conclusion that trying to buy a chair online is similair to buying clothes online with no size labels.

Soon I am just going to go to the nearest store with a large supply of office chairs. I will bring my computer (wish I had a laptop) and start gaming on these chairs, switching every 45-60 minutes until I find the best one. Think they'll have wi-fi?

The Tiju
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by The Tiju » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:30 am

if you're going the cheaper route, try IKEA. I bought mine there for $59 and its comfortable as can be.
[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/l3eeon/C4NT_TheTiju_sig.jpg[/img]

Never Fear, The Tiju is Here

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:47 am

-------------------------- Resurrecting my Thread --------------------------

So my chair finally completely broke, I did a backflip out of it.
Essentially I'm looking for a chair that is tall and leans back so I can watch movies comfortably. I don't need gizmicks and whats it.
I also don't want to spend over $200. And any chair where the arm holds the back to it, no go, I'm sick of these chairs breaking.
My biggest problem is the only store near me is staples.

prang
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by prang » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:11 am

If you are stuck with Staples you'll have to spend about $300 to get a good one. The first chair I bought at staples was awesome. It had a nice high back, fully adjustable, and great lumbar support. The arm rests and seat cushion finally wore out after 8 years to the point I wanted to get another chair.

Don't buy online though. I replaced it with what I thought was a perfect substitute and it really isn't.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:54 am

I think quality has really gone to crap at Staples. My first one there lasted about 8 years. My last one there I was ready to get rid of a few days after I brought it home. Reading reviews on all the chairs there, most of them seem to state crappy quality. Are there any brands people recommend? And what stores would have those?

*Looking at target it's the same exact chairs with crappy ratings except they have different names.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:57 am

Office Depot is a reasonable place to get functional and comfortable office chairs. I'm not sure how close one is to you, but I've had pretty decent luck with most furniture I've acquired there.
-Boss Llama

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:45 am

Alizée Fan wrote:Office Depot is a reasonable place to get functional and comfortable office chairs. I'm not sure how close one is to you, but I've had pretty decent luck with most furniture I've acquired there.
Looking at their website I'm seeing a much wider selection of chairs. They are also of various brands. Everything at staples is called Staples tm stupid chair and everything at target looks identical except has target's name on it.

Guess I'll drive down to one later today, just sitting on this (now) stole for the last two hours is killing my back.

**edit: Been messing with their websites. Only a few chairs that fit my need and are in my budget. Most of them aren't available in stores. Are there any types of stores I'm not thinking of checking. I have an Ashley's furniture store across the street from my house but they don't really have computer chairs.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:25 pm

The journey has ended, thanks everyone for their help. I ended up getting a chair at Office Depot. $199 on sale for $99. It has the plastic arms but it felt the most comfortable for what I'm looking for in a chair. Also the padding didn't seem as good as some other chairs. However, I bought the $20 in-store warranty so if it breaks or wears out in 2 years I can just trade it in, and most likely that will happen unless this chair is so freaking amazingly awesome that I actually forget how long I've had it.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:37 am

Huzzah!

Glad you found one that works :-)
-Boss Llama